Our contribution to the War Effort

Volonazra

I also had a hard time motivating myself to turn many of the materials in, especially since I could net so much more needed cash from the sale of minerals on the AH. Then I thought about these few things that helped me get more in-gear with it...

First and foremost, Verissi wants her epic mount and, considering how poor my finances always are, gaining rep only helps me reduce the cost (just a bit, but when you're staring at an 7-800g pricetag and barely have over 100g at any given time, even a savings of a few gold helps). Side benefits of the increased rep are cheaper repairs as well, which saves me a ton of money over a longer period of time.

Secondly, it's something that's actually interesting and different to do. Having a 60, I am often standing around looking for something to do in between Bloodhoof defences....this gives me a little diversion and has even provided me with a bit of motivation to get some of my alts' skills up. Since money is still a bit tight, I generally split my time between gathering for the war effort and gathering things that always sell well otherwise (iron, usually).

The "reward items" are actually dead-last in my motivation book. I've found it funny that Waldonnis gets level 50ish gear in his boxes, but Verissi gets level 9 or 10 mail every time (I DE every bit of that stuff and sell the higher level things unless someone in our BG bracket can use it).

As for the new content that this will unlock...meh, I don't generally care whether or not I ever see it, personally, but I agree with Volonazra...it's probably just a matter of time before we all end up in there.

In the end, I think it comes down to personal choice. If someone doesn't want to gather for the war effort, I certainly won't think less of them and can understand the reasoning. For me, it's just something new to do and play with, with some smaller side benefits for me that are far more valuable than a dungeon that I probably won't see in the next year or so.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've turned in a bunchof stuff lately...I'm just a few hundred rep from revered with TB now. :)

Now...the Medivh server has completed their turns ins...they are already at 100% on both sides! I was hoping that AD would be able to be up there with them, but the queue and all the bickering and drama have severely limited that it would seem :)

Well, save for Sunday, I haven't done much in game except fish. Lemme tell ya, I'm a bit tired of fishing. great money, boring as hell. I don't think I've even bothered to log in since Monday morning. Gotta take a break. Gotta watch Wedding Crashers, need pointers. I have two weddings to attend which I am not presently invited to.

Oh yeah:

12 yellowtail

3 peacebloom

2 wool

1 copper

Edited by Trademaster