Our contribution to the War Effort

Volonazra

For those interested in the bigger picture. (hoping all of you are) I would like to start a collective Clan Skullcrusher effort if thats possible. For many reasons. First, it helps the server open new areas which in the end helps the individual. Second, it proves once again CS is a positive force on the server. Third, the PR may bring other like minded folks to the clan. And much more.

Can we somehow log how much each of us has turned in. If so we can challenge other guilds to match us. Stroking the competitive nature we all have and even if we loose, we win. Just something to think about. Any ideas?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My account will support the plan.

Morgh.....Peacebloom, Silk, Runecloths

Galam....Silk

Gwul.......leathers

Du.........leathers, ore

Borg.......leathers, ore

Cheef....is there a listing of ALL the gatherable items needed you could PASTE into this thread perhaps?

If sumbuddy can guide me to the forbidding sea in the Hinterlands, I will happily fish up spotted yellowtail nonstop (40% catch rate there) I am going to try to get the recipe for the lean wolf steaks and work that angle cooking to get me up to maybe cooking up the yellowtail.

The yellowtail recipe comes from Gikixx in Tanaris an me is tu liddle to go dere to buy it.

(Tangalthor)

Edited by Trademaster

Check this link...

http://webpages.charter.net/schmittmj99/WoW/AQEffort.htm

Someone is keeping a nicely formatted tally for both sides, and this list includes what is needed for the war effort.

Huato has already contributed a stack of Copper, Tin, and Mithril bars to the cause.

Nice link Huato. But, what I would like is a way to compile the clans donations somehow. Just like the new roster addon can track pvp stats, character stats, etc. Can anyone think of a way to track donations to the War Effort event and have them post somehow similar to it. Come on you computer gurus! Who can program this. Certainly its possible. I know there are addons which can track which quests you have completed. I would think this wouldnt be much different as the turn-ins are quests also. There is 100g for the Skullcrusher that can come up with the best addon :yub: (well at least the respect and admiration of the clan)

Also, hold on to your materials untill we come up with such a thing.

O'course I can program that, but by the time I got it finished the War Effort would be over! (Not that I'm a slow coder, it's just that I have to learn a new programing language (lua) first!).

So, I think that if people just send a PM with their donations on the day I can make a simple spreadsheet and export it to HTML and post it up somewhere. Yeah, it's not automatic, but we can keep a small track of our contribution.

I have been meaning to look into writing some of my own add-ons, so this sounds like a good idea to start down that path (pro programmer for years). I'll see what I can do with it and try to figure out the best way to actually log the donations. I have ideas, but want to confirm the event sequence so that we're not logging unrelated transactions. Not sure how long it'll take, though, but I'll try to put some work into it this weekend.

In the meantime, manual tracking is probably the best method.

I have already given 4 stacks o peacebloom

I just got my first stack of wool bandages,

and I am working on collecting enough wolf meat to cook up.

If anyone has wolf meat that needs cooking, You can send it over to Tangalthor, and I'll send it back once cooked. I should have the yellowtail recipe mastered by the end of the weekend so I can take care of those as well.

Lets kick some butt on the war effort materials.

Copper Bars min (1??) mining

Tin Bars min (65) mining

Mithril Bars min (175) mining

Peacebloom min( 1) herbalism

Firebloom min (205) herbalism

Purple Lotus min (210) herbalism

Heavy Leather min (150) leatherworking

Thick Leather min (200) leatherworking

Rugged Leather min (250) leatherworking

Wool Bandages min (80) first aid

Mageweave Bandages min (210) first aid

Runecloth Bandages min (260) first aid

Lean Wolf Steak min (125) cooking

Spotted Yellowtail min (225) cooking

Baked Salmon min (275) cooking

Thats the list of goodies.

Tazzy has donated 3 stacks of mageweave bandaides

3 stacks runecloth

2 stacks tin

1 stack copper

1 stack mithril

3 stacks thick leather

Gotta finish my cooking quest to donate all dem fishies

5 stacks o peacebloom

2 wool bandages

1 lean wolf steak

And, gettin' ready to go nuts on fish. I sure hope people like Stonescale Eels and Firefin Snappers, because they come with the Spotted Yellowtail.

Kalglin has donated about 25 stacks of runecloth bandages and a few stacks of various metals.

I have about 10 stacks of mithril on my alliance alt if someone would help me transfer them over, I will donate them too.