Ratgirl's best friend

Piper

piper_and_aodhfin.jpg

My usual (more cartoony) style. Piper again, this time with her cu sidhe, Aodhfin. I tried to stay true to the game style as far as the cu goes... I think they're adorable, so I couldn't resist.

Note that Piper's ears aren't normally that large; I felt like stylizing her a bit in this. :p And yes, she's a short one.

But seriously. Look at Aodhfin. Don't you just want to hug him? Haha.

Edit:

Submitted it to PlayerArt.com. It's hilarious because people post stuff they didn't even draw. Like it's obvious they just googled something. Anyway, it can be found here.

Edited by Blair

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know, to each her or his own, but I dont know how you guys play UO anymore. I played it when it first came out, and even then I kind of thought it stunk. If I remember right (it has been a while now), it was initially popular around the same time Diablo I hit the market, and games like Quake were pushing the envelope of 3d graphics and rendering. Here we are 6?, 7? years later and it amazes me that you guys are still in there clunking around in 2d flat space with that over the head point and click interface. :smokewink:

I guess I just dont get it.

I know what youre going to say, because I felt the same way when I played EQ for 4 years, I thought there would never be another game that would do it better than EQ, and of course I was wrong, becuase WoW was the ultimate EQ killer.

What does this have to do with this topic? Nothing except to try and get you UO players to come to the darkside! Theres a spot reserved for you in the Great Hall. ;)

For The Warchief!

For The HORDE!

FOR DA CRUSHAZ!

• 2 weeks later...

I think it has to deal with that graphics have nothing to do with it at all; UO is the most adaptable game for RP. inWoW you cant even drop things on the ground and affect your environment, and you can't have a house. You can't build structures out of items, or even just leave things for new players. All in all, WoW is a very streamlined, graphics based, fighting fest. It was not built for RP. Anyways, love thdrawing!

Guest Charlie

GO KODOZ!

I will NEVER repeat NEVER go to that game. We love Ultima just as kodoz said we prefer the rp and helping people. Those who choose to im glad have fun, but i wont play any other. THe ''super modified blah blah 3d this and that holds no interest to me. My friends do,I know some of my friends are on that game but my heart and soul is bound with PGoH and Ultima Online.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is going to be ;) So I will first write about Blair's picture. I did see the picture when it was posted. Voted for it a 9. Already said that in person but a big big :yub: is in order for it!!! :)

And now for the :(

I fully agree with Charlie and Kodoz.

Not only that, I found out that most* of UO users play the 2D version, and not the 3D version, which only shows that graphics/computer technology is really not an issue.

*most - meaning they are doing a big publish with many changes now, and they don't include the 3D version... and I will repeat - not only that... on the main UO forums (on startics) there was only ONE question 'why not include the 3D version?'

and, you know, look also INSIDE, not only on the outside.

If we were offered better graphics I would vote "Hell, YEAH" but with the same 'basic' UO.

I'm half kidding about the next comparison, and I never played SWG and played a bit WoW (didn't 'do' anything to me), but by all accounts and what I've heard:

WoW to UO

as

New SWG to Old SWG

and I will soften it a bit:

The new killed or almost killed the older one, but it doesn't say that the old one was bad ;)

Edited by icuburn

That's interesting that you say it is not an RP based game at all.

When you create your character(s) in WoW, you have the option of creating it on a role play server, player vs. enviornment, player vs player, or role play - player vs player servers.

That said, there is Role Play alive and active on the Argent Dawn server that Clan Skullcrusher is active on. No, we can't lay items on the ground for someone else, but that does not prevent us from striking up conversation with a new, low level character and giving them items or money...think of it this way...if a new player or another player cannot pick just anything up off the ground, that encourages interaction does it not?

I won't blast UO for it's graphics. I've often had conversations with people regarding graphics in a game and I've equated it to a good movie - does it have to have great effects to have a good story? 99% of the time it does not. WoW does not have the best graphics out there for its genre either, but they convey everything just fine IMHO.

As far as houses go, there is rumor of housing becoming available in the expansion. Won't know for sure until that gets here, but the models are already in place to do so. Just something else to consider. ;)