Jobs "within" the guild

Vradish

Ug!

I've checked the guild once more ??? and i came to this conclusion:I didn't see any "jobs" in the guild..

AAAh,...lets cut the crap!

I've always wanted to be a bounty hunter!

Now my question is:Will there be jobs like bounty hunter,....within the guild??

Thx

Bounty hunter?

What do you want to hunt?

This isn't Galaxies. The game is not made for that style of PvP as DAoC and Galaxies.

The game is mainly PvE, with limited PvP (nothing on PvP has been decided for release yet and might change.) Perhaps if the game mechanics change down the road such a thing would be possible.

I don't know... I certainly like the sound of intraguild jobs. Bounty hunter? Why not? As long as the bases are firmly established, this could be icing on the cake, methinks. Just as long we keep our heads out of the clouds.

Edited by Rhoach

I doubt we will have any bounty hunter type “jobs” in the guild. Bounty hunters are paid to go out and kill someone. You should be willing to do so for free. However, we may have an infiltrator team that will go in before a battle and attempt to assassinate the enemy leaders.

Also, if an alliance guild tries to “hire” us to kill someone, we may accept it... but only so we can backstab the employers when we go out for battle. :)

Don't get ahead of the PvP aspect... nothing for the guild has been put in place due to us not knowing how the PvP system will work!!

If the system allows rogues to do that type of assasination mission, you can bet the skullcrushers will have such a team.

Just got to wait to see what the game mechanics will allow us to do.

Wouldn't make sense to have a team made up for the guild if the only thing you can attack is mobs in game :)

Yes, i see...

But maybe when the game is launched,blizzard will think about this nice opportunity!

Bounty hunters are paid to go out and kill someone. You should be willing to do so for free.

Ofcource i shall be willing to kill,but being a 'bounty hunter' of the clan is just nice:

1. you get paid for something you like to do

2. you get well trained by killing that much people

If the system allows rogues to do that type of assasination mission, you can bet the skullcrushers will have such a team.

Man, i like that!

Because when you are a rouge, other orcs think that you're more human because you're more handy than other orcs.

ok so we've talked about a bounty hunter but what other kind of jobs will be in the guild. what other positions can the members of SOC wish to fill besides their rank in the clan.

-Nokk Rajek :)

None right now. There are not enough members to warrant a different job for every member. It looks like in the next push we can add our own guild ranks and permissions. If that is the case then we can add more ranks within the guild, such as certain sub-grunt ranks, etc.

A few humble suggestions:

Diplomat (I trust this sort of activity won't be a major part of this clan :) Still, two axes rend better than one)

Advance Scout (A well-travelled member of the clan who can provide info on certain lands, mainly geographical info/indigenous critter info)

Infiltrator (to keep an eye on those whom we don't trust so much)

Assassin (discussed above)

Merchant (to raise capital for the clan)

Event coordinator (again, to raise capital for the clan. Perhaps betting on mount races, prizefights, or gambling, or a pleasant combination of all three, with the SoC taking a cut, of course)

What do you (whoever sees this) think?

I never played a MMORPG before, but imho these ideas sound very good to me.

Diplomat (I trust this sort of activity won't be a major part of this clan  Still, two axes rend better than one)

I presume diplomats can be used to negotiate with other Orcish clans, or is the foreign policy very very strict about that? :)

Edited by Virtugon

A Diplomat would learn the Alliance language and work with them, but only on a very limited basis.

As for the other positions, I am sure some of those will develop over time. Certain people will want to setup events or do specific activities with their character, if they do so often and regularly they will either get awards, promoted to a new rank, or a new title within the clan.

As to merchants, everyone in the guild can master three trade skills.

I know I will be getting blacksmithing and mining and either first aid or survival or wolf ridding.

Morgh will have fishing and cooking (food helps a lot in this game when you sit down to rest, just pop in a morsel and watch your hit points fly by)

Uglutz will be alchemy and herbalism.

Grawulf will be leatherworking and skinning.

Yes, tradeskills will provide a lot of what we need. I also agree that "jobs" will fill themselves in over time. I like your suggestions Rhoach, and can see a few of those easily being implemented if not all. As has been stated, the question is still "What will the game mechanics be?" Once we know, then it will be easier to figure it out, but even then it is more likely that things will just fall into place.

~Glok'tur

The "jobs" will most likely not come around for the guild until release.

When we see what everyone wishes to do, what their goal of their character is... then it is easier to fill positions and create them.

This is everyone's clan. Input is always welcome and encouraged.

There is only one golden rule: Everyone must have fun.

Well spoken! :cheeburga:

Ofcource my suggestions were ment for the release and.....i admit that it was a bit to early >:L

Its just that the clan has to keep communicating!!Not that ive ever seen an active clan like this :D