PGoH members

ballyn5768

I was wondering, how many are planning to leave UO for other ventures? I know new games are out now, but it is not fair to the rest of us that we have no clue on who is actually going to show up at guild meetings. Sorry if I sound like I am bashing, but I am one that doesn't like to be left hanging. So if you plan on going to other realms for a month or more I would ask that you set down from your position so as it can be filled by one who is playing.

Thank you for your time and patience with me.

Here is my plan. I want a full GM necro, full GM smith/tailor/tinker/carp, a full GM tamer mage, full GM paladin, and a full GM tank mage. I want a keep fully stocked with everything you can think of!!!

As of now, I have a 92 necro........oh yeah thats it!!!

I have never played EQ,SB, or any of the other RP games out. In fact never seen them.

This is my home and it took 2 years to get back here. Im not going anywhere.

And if someone wants that Dread Centruion position, you better hurry Im gaining on ya!!!! :p

I am not going anywhere at the moment if I leave UO its beacuse well the money has dried up.

I will continue to make the meetings I can (the ones which my odd work schedule will permit)

I would also concur with Ballyn that any leaders who can not be active in the guild to the point that they are not online for at least one meeting out of four a month step down and allow another deserving member to step up and fill your role. But thats just my little ol opinion.

I am not going anywhere at the moment if I leave UO its beacuse, well the money has dried up.

I will continue to make the meetings I can (the ones which my odd work schedule will permit)

I would also concur with Ballyn that any leaders who can not be active in the guild to the point that they are not online for at least one meeting out of four a month step down and allow another deserving member to step up and fill your role. But thats just my little ol opinion.

Well, funny you should post this today as I was going to tell ppl i'm away for the next week, from this sunday afternoon till next saturday so I won't be at this meeting or around this week at all. (*FYI: i'll be house sitting at a friends while they go have fun in the sun, heh some have the luck...) On a plus side I recieved my copy of AoS today and its installed and patched ready for me when I get back so i can go take a saunter round the new PGoH city and hopefully make alot of money real quick to get my very own house at last! :p

Oh well, i'm in the middle of packing my things so i'll see you all in a week!

I have ventured into SB, but have not gone anywhere. Wolf is still around, just sharing time between 2 lands right now, while new entity gets brought up to snuff. If anyone needs me just holler.

I also am not going anywhere, cutting back on certain things like mainly houses and accounts and going down to two , but im around lately at night less due to some unknown issue that as of 5pm est it seems that lag for me makes it unbearable to move im working on trying to fix it

lora

I'm usually on in the mornings and am not going anywhere. Hopefully within the next month I'll be moved back to day shift and can start participating more.

My time's been divided between UO, Shadowbane, and the mad rush to try to come up with rent money by the end of the month. As long as I can somehow come up with money for rent Im not going anywhere.

Im 150% UO. ULTIMA FOREVER! I am extremely active and fairly knowledgeable, ask me about things if you needhelp..

UO forever is what i say the other games have no appeal to me whatsoever so until my work schedule lets me be on more i will be away and maybe in game an hour or so before i have to be at work since they have me closing right now i miss you all and hope to see you soon i have no idea when i will be able to make any guild meetings but Ballyn i will let you know when i can.

*hugs to all my brothers and sisters*

Strength and HONOR!!!

Raistlin Wind

I to am not going anywhere, Like with Raistlin, No other games appeal to me, As for the leaders, I do think it would have helped if we were told that they will be going to shadowbane, but im sure they'll come back, well at least we hope so, after speaking to some of them, they are only trying to get decent chars etc on shadowbane, just incase any others want to join SB, but every intention of coming back to UO, and dividing their time between the two, Yet still, it would be nice if we could be told if they will be attending meetings etc. just my views :D

Stan (Borg) will be making a post regarding the future of PGoH and the leadership.  Coming soon!

Is it just me or does a post from the Guild Leader seem to be extremely impersonal, detached and leave you with the feeling of being cast aside like yesterday's garbage?

I for one, woudl like to be able to meet the Guild Leader, Borg, once before he leaves UO (which from what I undesatnd he already has left, months ago, for Shadowbane) and for him to have the decency to talk to us active guild members in person, to our faces at the next Sunday night meeting, the plans and future of PGoH. Since he has never shown up for any meeting I have attended and I haven't missed one since I became a member.

I found it to be a slap in the face and insult to me and the other members who showed up for last night's meeting to be given messages from Borg via Lora on the telephone with him. I'm sorry, did we inturrupt you in Shadowbane? Are we that much of a bother now that you had the time to talk to Lora on the phone and post Shadowbane photos in the forum next door, but not respect us enough to show up to ONE meeting and answer our questions concerning the fate of PGoH?

This falls under common courtesy and respect.

You can call this disrepect, but it needed to be said. No one else has the nerver to come out and say it. I am one of the newest members, so I have nothing to loose for stating a fact. PGoH was and has been highly disrepected by its leader for months.

Edited by Linda

You can call this disrepect, but it needed to be said. No one else has the nerver to come out and say it. I am one of the newest members, so I have nothing to loose for stating a fact. PGoH was and has been highly disrepected by its leader for months.

While I believe all opinions are valid from anyone and this is not intended as an attack, your views to me as a long standing member of PGoH are disrespectful and somewhat naive (again not intended as an attack). While Borg is the visionary behind what PGoH is today, your day to day Leaders are the Senators of the respective houses. Many of us, myself included, who have held many positions in PGoH purposely stepped aside based on the fact that it was unfair to membership that other concerns, limited playtime.

My main purpose for this post is essentially "don't cut off your nose to spite your face" as the saying goes. There are a great deal of dedicated people with Leadership roles in PGoH that are 100% active.

As Martok stated in his post, Borg will address. PGoH is not a static guild. It has endured countless challenges, personnel shifts, new recruits and will continue to do so.

I believe I understand what you are saying Wolf.

While you have stepped aside from a leadership position, who was aware of it?

This is the first I have heard on the matter.

It all goes back to the underlying problem I was attempting to address last night. There is a serious lack of communication within the guild.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

I don't think Linda was trying to cut her nose off. The problem is that there are new members to the empire on an almost daily basis. What they are coming into is a guild with no "visible" leadership. Granted those that are there and playing are doing a good job. But all to often things go awry with nobody having the authority to fix them.

Look at the GoL incident. It seems everybody and their brother was issuing orders on what to do. There was no 1 person in charge and handling it. Nobody knew how to react. Finall order we got was from Martok letting us know we risked being booted from the guild if we attacked GoL. Nothing against Martok, but when was the last time anybody saw him at a PGoH meeting? Or in game for that matter? It was just another in announcement in a long line of useless ones.

There were people in the empire that saw GoL as kill on sight targets.

Others thought GoL was out to kill each and every one of us.

Still more were nervous and worried whenever they encountered a GoL member in Tram for crying out loud.

Greg suggested that all attend the meeting where the situation was to be explained. We left there more confused than when we arrived.

Communication is a big problem and so is lack of leadership.

We need somebody at the helm or this ship is going to hit the rocks. It seems that problem is being resolved.

We all need to learn to communicate better to avoid problems. Myself included.

The thing I belive upset Linda, myself, and so many others last night the most was Borg sending a message through Lora that we were all to be placed on a new stone, with a new name, and a new abbrev.

We were trying to get leadership established, and the leader we haven't seen in over a month was now just "sending word" of his plans for us. Like I said at the meeting, I felt like I was being discarded like yesterdays trash by people that have not had or taken the time to meet me or be involved with the ongoings of the guild.

The issue was resolved though.

For those that were not there last night, it was quite an eventful evening. Many things were said. Some were quite harsh. (sorry) The meeting lasted two hours.

This is a Role playing guild!

Which means we as members of PGoH take on a role and play that role.

Our Role is stated very clearly in the Codex.

I joined the guild only a couple of moths ago and I have been very clear on all subjects to date.

When I have not been clear I have gone to those directly above me and gotten the correct information

As legionnaires our source of information is the Decurion(Ballyn)

I have spoken to Ballyn on Numerous occasions and have found him very helpful.

Now that I am a Squire my source of Information is my Centurion(Doddz)

I am also certain that He will have information when I need i

My point is We have a chain of command set up in the Codex and to Fault Emperor Borg or any of our Senators is ridiculous at our level.

Put simply it is not our place.

Sounds Harsh but it is true Our place is to express our concerns through our chain of command and stop jumping to the top of the ladder (ie. to roleplay)

Put Simply In america How many of us talk to the President on a day to day basis.Or in the UK the Prime Minister.

So lets cut our upper leadership a small break.

I see your point Akroma.

It just felt to me that there wasn't enough of a leadership role being filled in the guild.

I promise you, I had no intention of causing the chaos I did last night.

I don't believe that we should not fault any of the leadership though. Just not to the extreme that was expressed at the meeting.

As members of the empire we should take an active role in what happens with the empire.

But, that's just my opinion.

--deleted since leaders have to avoid letting their negative emotions show too much in order to prevent chaos--

Edited by Chris

It still would've been nice though if the one wanting to announce that he's stepping down would've told those who were at the meeting that he's stepping down instead of relaying the message ... what would've made it so hard to show up for 5 minutes to make a quick announcement and then log back into shadowbane and have a healer summon him back to the siege. 

Exactly what I was trying to say.

But it looks as though PGoH is no more than a "I LEAD YOU FOLLOW YOU DONT QUESTION MY COMMANDS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, EVEN IF I DON'T PLAY THE GAME ANYMORE AND HAVE NO IDEA OF WHAT IS GOING ON, I KNOW WHATS BEST FOR YOU AND YOU ARE MY MUSHROOM AND WHEN I SEE FIT YOU MIGHT BE TOLD SOMETHING, UNTIL THEN STAY IN THE DARK AND GROW, YOU FUNGUS, YOU".

Sorry, back to cutting of my naive nose, despite my face.

I am locking this topic.

Number one- Some people tried to have a decent discussion, some people were just complete idiots.

Number two- No need to continue pissing each other off on the forums.

Number three- I know one or two of you will cry bloody murder that I am locking this forum. TOO BAD!