GW2 Gamers - Post here if you will be playing.

Balandar

Please post a reply if you plan on playing GW2.

Those that pre-purchase will gain 3-day early access and can start playing Sat. August 25th at 3AM EST. Otherwise, August 28th is the official release date. We will be playing on Henge of Denravi. Please create your characters there to participate with other T.H.E. members in WvWvW.

Teamspeak information can be found at http://www.thehonore...speak-servers/.

Update: The servers may come up at Midnight EST on Friday (3 hours before the official launch).

Update 2: Please let your friends know to post their information. We will have all ranks at launch given the ability to recruit due to people failing to check these forums. :clomp::smokewink:

Current Members

1. Balandar - Balandar.2430
  2. Martok - Sbuzz.3071
  3. Borg - Colin Mor.2731
  4. Kadi - Kadi.3854
  5. Gekigami - LualdiTia.8562
  6. Chaz - chazzstrong.6058
  7. * Staffa
  8. sias - Sias.1795
  9. Crichton - Ben Crichton.7052
  10. muru - muru.4517
  11. Marken - Marken.5019
  12. Jadeynn - Jadeynn.4689
  13. * Volonazra
  14. Kailand- Kailand.2564
  15. * Talensc
  16. Oriahtundra - Smoove.5963
  17. obinj - robinj.7208
  18. Wolf - Wuulf.9217
  19. ror - rorkas.1502
  20. Big Tom - Aug 31st.
  21. Slewfoot - Naked Kangaroo.9438
  22. Ascoli - Ascoli.4650
  23. Riyo - Riyo.5810
  24. Nitro - Nitro.9718

Members that require peer pressure

• None currently

Friends and others

1. greenbull - playing on Crystal Desert

* - Beta contact lists are transferred to live, so the *'d people above are those that I need to add to my personal contact list in game. Or I do not have the username.id for those players..

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still on the fence about starting a new MMO, I've been rather enjoying my hiatus from any socially interactive games recently... DwarfFortress will do that to you :D

Although, I did log into DDO the other day, started playing the new druid class (that's D&D style druid, mind you)... but since my guild was rather fizzled there weren't many people on that I still knew.

*shrug* If peer pressure gets the better of me or if I'm bored before 8/25, I'll probably buy the game :p Add a section for "debating it" and add me.

*shrug* If peer pressure gets the better of me or if I'm bored before 8/25, I'll probably buy the game :p Add a section for "debating it" and add me.

Lol, you should. Just make sure to pre-purchase from guildwars2.com before the 25th so you can play early access!

• 2 weeks later...

Mine would be chazzstrong.6058

I'm pretty sure I just went from Norn Engineer as my main to Sylvari Mesmer...they're too damned cool not to play.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey strangers! Broke down and bought the game. Likely rolling a Thief. Can't not play a non stealth after 10years of MMOs. :D

Lookin like Naguuma server for an active WvW presence. Especially since Goons launched SWTOR with almost 900 member(granted Bioware fixed that within 2months lol)

Love you can rep multiple guilds.

Not sure on my screen name yet. Some iteration of Smoove. Think I read you can team up for Spvp across realms?

I've conceded defeat of boredom without MMOs...

add robinj.7208 to the list :-p

but on a different topic.. to SSD or not to SSD? My hard drive is getting rather old, loud, slow, etc. I was thinking of getting a 64GB for $75 on newegg, and install just games on it. I don't feel like reinstalling windows.

There's a chance they may open the servers 3hrs prior to 12pm pdt.

"However, please note that in order to ensure that we’re fully prepared for that fateful hour we may bring servers online up to 3 hours prior. If you’re a player committed to getting in first to grab that character name of your dreams you’ll want to be keeping an eye on things during that time period."

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-final-countdown-guild-wars-2-launch-times/

There's a chance they may open the servers 3hrs prior to 12pm pdt.

"However, please note that in order to ensure that we’re fully prepared for that fateful hour we may bring servers online up to 3 hours prior. If you’re a player committed to getting in first to grab that character name of your dreams you’ll want to be keeping an eye on things during that time period."

https://www.guildwar...2-launch-times/

man, I'm getting too old for those sleepless nights

I just bought a SSD. I got a 128GB, but I wiped my old drive and installed windows on the ssd. It was worth it. Boot times are amazing

Yeah, I have two SSD's. The main OS SSD is 120GB and a 30GB for GW2. Make sure you move your virtual memory off of the SSD. Do a google search on how to lengthen the life of your SSD. You want to minimize writes.

I don't shut off computers... unless it's upgrade time or the power goes out :p So reinstalling the OS to one is not on my list of things to do. besides, my ailing motherboard does not like to cool off. if it's been off for an hour, I get BSOD's for an hour. I'd replace the motherboard but I'm patiently waiting for AMD piledriver chips to come out.

Archived