Account Under Review??

Zurg

So I just checked my email and find an email from Blizz saying my account is "temporarily disabled due to inappropriate advertising activity"?? WTF?? Anyone have any info on this or experienced anything similar? I have absolutely no idea what this is about! Mali and I can't help but think it's somehow connected to the attempted hack that occurred last week. Any info is appreciated.

Sounds like you got keylogged somehow (like I said before, re-trace your steps!) and someone was using your account to advertise gold spam crap in a public channel. Even if you THINK you didn't click anything strange, it never hurts to cover your arse.

If you haven't done it yet, scan your machine for anything awkward, change your password(s) and try to resolve it with Blizzard quickly.

Thanks for the prompt reply, Holyssa. When I had that weird activity last week I immediately scanned my machine and it checked ok. I don't recall clicking on anything out of the ordinary. I've sent an email to Blizz but have no idea when I may hear something.

Thanks for the prompt reply, Holyssa. When I had that weird activity last week I immediately scanned my machine and it checked ok. I don't recall clicking on anything out of the ordinary. I've sent an email to Blizz but have no idea when I may hear something.

You're welcome! For the future, I'd take a gander at Yosyp's keylogger/haxor prevention thread (don't let the date fool you, a lot of those tactics are still being pushed into the forums every day):

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...87283&sid=1

Yea, he's Alliance. But he's one of the few who knows WTF he's talking about :laugh:

Im very sorry to hear that, you two! :laugh: If you truly do lose everything, let us know. The guildbank has many things in it, and the 'Crushers have oft been willing to help folks get back on their feet.

Good luck!

Yeah I was definately hacked by some cyber piece of ######. Thanks all for the offers of assistance. A round of applause to Blizz CS who moved swiftly to get me back in the game and are replacing my stuff and the Guild Vault things! Death to hackers!

Definitely buy a Blizz authenticator. I've been hacked a few times before (Orcala was deleted once) and ever since I got the authenticator it hasn't happened again.

From reading on the blizz customer service forum.. There is a HUGE increase in people's accounts getting hacked.

These hackers are getting more and more aggressive.. So yeah.. getting a keyfob is almost a MUST these days to keep your account safe.

And yes.. I hope these hackers get kicked out of their moms house :laugh: Yes.. this is me being nice..

But on a more serious note.... "Fy fan, du fortjener a raatne i helvete din syke fan.." yeah .. thats me in Norwegian and what I wanna tell the hackers..

If you want me to translate.. ask me ingame.. cause the filter will errr.. scribble it out hahah