Lesedi - Heal

Jasena - Heal

Ori - Heal

Perthes - DPS

Shelah - DPS

Gordantell - DPS

Vierendelen - DPS

Kieranna - DPS

We cleared the Spider wing faster then our first time.. Due to having some previous experience of the fights..

Congratulations to all.. ;):smurf::laugh:

Yes we had our kinks on the 2 first bosses but we took them down with ease when everybody got on the same page.

And yes.. our lovely big ass spider... We had some issues there but we stuck to it.. we got it down and we made some lovely crunchy spider leg soup out of the boss..

I wanna thank our replacements for helping us. We couldnt have done this without you.

Tonight we are doing Obsidian Sanctuary or if we have Wintergrasp, we can try out the Vault.. It will be a fast run to make people have a change of scenery from Naxx while we are still learning the fights that is..

I must say since our first time in Naxx we sure have improved on our dps A LOT!! I was impressed with how much we dished out on the bosses.

Next week guys.. lets get even more.. lets squeeze some more out.. Lets get some more heroics done for upgrades.

One last thing guys.. BRING CONSUMABLES.. Bring plenty of potions and elixirs, food buffs, healing and mana pots.

Myself.. I used a whole stack of food buffs on just myself.. I know I will need two stacks of everything when we are gonna start on the next wing of Naxx. Be prepared and we can have more time focusing on the encounters that awaits.

If you need help getting your consumables.. let us know in time before the raid starts and we can see what we can do to help.

Good job you guys..

::cheers:: Well done guys - as you upgrade more and more the DPS will only get better! I think I might have screwed up your plans for tnight tho >.> I already ninjared Kieranna and Jasena for SAnctum and Vault on New Years... forgot you guys go on Mondays ::blush:: so sorry

Yes, let's all log for 7 and see how things unfold. We have many possibilities : OS without a few regulars, Naxx, Vault, heroics...

The change from Naxx to OS was done without much warning. This schedule will be set for next week though.

Hey guys,

I will not be able to attend tonight. I really NEED to get some sleep. :*( I am sorry and I wish you all the best of luck and the best loots possible! Except Perth :cP

Hehe, just kidding.

*hugs*

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys! Great work in there! ;p

Since its obvious that this post is going to be used on a regular basis, I stickied it to keep it on top for ya!

Let me know if I can help ya!

- Bar

Alrighty gang.. please read up on:

- Heigan the Unclean - Get your dance shoes out and figure this out.

- Loatheb - Healer Nightmare yes.. but possible for us.

- Instructor Razuvious - Read up on the Understudy's abilities and how they work.. This be the key to beating him.

- Gothik the Harvester - Looks to be a fun fight..

Another thing... I dont want to spend half of our time in Naxx explaining these fights... You can check out their info on WoWhead and WoWWiki.

You can also check out Holy's Short Summary.

Sure I can give you guys a short summary when we get to them but dont expect me to hold your hand and explain every little detail about what their ability does etc. Yes yes.. i know that a lot of people dont know how to handle the encounter unless they try it out themselves.. Im the same way BUT if you read up on the fight.. watch a few youtube movies about them then you know what to expect.. >:L

I also want to stress out to everybody to bring LOTS and LOTS of consumables... food, HP / mana pots, elixirs. Also get your items enchanted / gemed etc.

I do not want to see or hear anybody asking for a summons half way in the run as they are out of consumables :0 and had to go to Org to buy some new ones... This is unacceptable... :nub: If you dont know how many to bring.. bring A LOT.. hell I bring Approx 10 healing and Mana pots, 3-5 Endless Rage potions every time.. do I have some left over.. yes.. does this mean I can bring less next time? HELL NO.

We are here to progress not to go on a picnic :angry:

A few tips for ya:

Loatheb

Healers:

You have a limited window of time to heal, but PW:S works all of the time, as do many other damage-reduction/shielding abilities, so use them to help offset some of the incoming damage if you can. Even if you can prevent 3-4k worth of damage here and there, it's easier than having to heal it, especially since you have limited time to do so. Plus, you're out of the five-second rule for a good chunk of time, so you may as well use some of that mana in the meantime. Also, this goes without saying really, but be sure to queue up your heals to land as that healing window opens up. Three seconds is...short.

Spores:

Don't cleanse or remove the debuff from the spores. It increases your chance to crit immensely and is part of the fight. It also prevents the person with the debuff from generating threat at all. This is great for dps, but horrid for the main tank in most cases (for obvious reasons). If the tank ends up with the debuff further into the fight, it's usually not a big deal, since they've established a solid threat lead by then, but always be mindful of where you kill those spores and try to keep them from dying around the tank. If a protection paladin or DK is tanking, they should be very careful to avoid AoE abilities that could kill the spores too early (same goes for any dps that has some AoE, e.g. consecration, death and decay, unholy blight, etc). I've personally tanked Loatheb with the debuff for most of the fight, but it was nerve-racking at times, so be careful with where those spores die.

The other two raids use a common tanking position and raid arrangement. I'd be happy to describe it or whip up a picture if you'd like...makes it much easier to get those spores where you want them without having to chase them around.

Gothik

This fight is all about balance in the early phase. If live side kills adds super-fast, dead side could get overwhelmed. Likewise, if things aren't dying fast enough on live side, the adds will stack up and you'll end up with adds plus Gothik before long. Having tanked on both live and dead side, I've found it best to have a dps'er on each side coordinating when to slow down/speed up on the killing (tanks often have their hands full before long). Calling out when riders and such are heading over to dead side is also pretty helpful. It's very hard to describe unless you see it, but making sure both sides are taking care of adds at a roughly equal pace is key. We struggled with this at first on the other 10-man raid, but after swapping people around between live and dead sides a few times, we finally got past it (and it still required some "slow down on live" calls). Be patient if you don't get it the first time...this fight often takes some juggling.

Instructor Razuvious

I don't know if anyone caught my blog entry on this guy, but there's a quirk to the orbs that we found out pretty quickly: they always try to control the closest guy (this only applies to 10-man...no orbs on 25-man, so priests mind-control). If you use the orb to control a student then run him closer to the other orb than the uncontrolled student, the second controller "tank" will end up getting a "target is already charmed" message. Just something to be aware of when positioning the students initially. Also, to release and recontrol, you need to right-click the "pet" unit frame and pick "Dismiss", since they didn't implement the orb control as a buff or anything that you can cancel otherwise...then just re-use the orb to get control again. Watch the duration on that control, as well. We've found it helpful to release and recontrol immediately after the second taunt cycle. You really don't want to lose control over your student if you're tanking at the time :angry:

I will not be able to be there for tonight's raid. I am currently having to run a full virus scan, and completely reinstall WoW, due to having three of my characters error out in Arathi Highlands. After speaking to a GM, and having them go through all the troubleshooting, ie. removing addons, etc. It was recomended I run a full virus scan and uninstall and reinstall WoW. Given this issue, and the fact I have to leave for work in about an hour and a half, there is no physical way for me to uninstall, run the scan, reinstall, download all patches, and add ons for me to be functional for tonight's raid.

Good luck in there tonight, and kick some ass.

Jas

I will not be able to be there for tonight's raid. I am currently having to run a full virus scan, and completely reinstall WoW, due to having three of my characters error out in Arathi Highlands. After speaking to a GM, and having them go through all the troubleshooting, ie. removing addons, etc. It was recomended I run a full virus scan and uninstall and reinstall WoW. Given this issue, and the fact I have to leave for work in about an hour and a half, there is no physical way for me to uninstall, run the scan, reinstall, download all patches, and add ons for me to be functional for tonight's raid.

Good luck in there tonight, and kick some ass.

Jas

I'll try to get everything set up on his computer when I get home while Jas is still at work. Hopefully I can get everything set up in time for the raid :cP

Update on how we did last night.

We one took down all bosses of Spider wing on our first try, even managed to kill em faster then any other time then before. RECORD KILLS 4TW. We also took down Noth easy.

Then we took upon us to do the tango with Heigan.

With the white flares.. the dance was EASY ((Thanks for Verissi for making them for me)).

Yes we had a few wiped to try and get used to the whole thing.. but we ended on a good note... WE TOOK DOWN HEIGAN!!!!!

This was a good place to end last night and it gave A LOT of people the morale booster they needed.. I think we will down him faster next week.

So people.. read up on Loatheb... Figure out how to do this fight.. Read on WoWWiki, WoWhead and even youtube can help here.. Tankspot has a good movie about this fight.. so please check em out. Also if you want to talk to someone about this fight.. Talk to Verissi (Or his family of alts).. he gave me lots of good tips and tricks :) ((Thanks again V)).

I also wanna say thank you to the replacements that came:

Gordantell : For DPS.

Bokus : For healing and totem luvin.

Kalea : For healing and totem luvin.

Lomar: For off tanking.

We had a hickup with Fringa going DC ever 5 min or so.. Sorry to say he had to be replaced.. Dont worry Fringa.. Nothing what you could have done would have fixed your ISP.. Comcast suxxors from time to time.. most of us knows lol

Also Saephere / Kieranna.. Please get better... Dont stress, relax.. And for the love of gawd.. fix Jasena's computer lol

But yeah.. Kier... get some much needed rest.. I dont want to see you playing tonight.. as you need to relax.. If you are sick.. GET BETTER... THATS AN ORDER!!!!

Ori thanks for respecing to healing.. I will pay you for your respec cost..

We did great people.. dont get bummed that you died too many times.. heck.. you can respawn.. the bosses cant :laugh:

Edited by Perthes

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great job last night guys.

Not only did we take down 3 quarters last night.. but we beat a lot of new records on boss kills.. GREAT job..

Grats on the new upgrades.. Get them enchanted.. and lets work on Construct Quarter next week.. unless the 25 man is ready for a test run.

Oh and yeah... forgot to mention... read up on bosses after Patchwerk... it will help us :rolleyes:

Edited by Perthes

Sweet, thanks Kieranna.

I will put the stats on the main post.

And yes.. last night.. was just horrible. Lots of .. strange things happening during the boss fights..

Never have I seen us crap out like that.. lets take a breather and just forget about last nights fight and look for the future.

Edit: I edited our main post to reflect changes we will be seeing soon.

Edited by Perthes

Alrighy!!!! So thanks to Holyssa, here are a few suggestions to help us along our way.

For Gothik the Harvester:

5/5 split is a death sentence. 3/7 split is ideal. All we need on the live side is 1 tank, 1 healer, and 1 dps.

For Four Horseman:

The front tanks go to the 2nd mark, wait for the meteor, and then swap.

We should try these in our next run :rolleyes:

Edited by Kieranna

• 2 weeks later...

Last night was an amazing run.

Cleared all 4 wings and got a few attempts on our friendly lil dragon.

We got a few kinks to sort out there.. like frost resistance etc.. but other then that.. we did good.

You guys make me proud.. :nub:

Gonna try and add up a 2nd day so we can get more time to practice on our friendly dragon.

We can take him.. we just need more time..