Arena S4 Item Costs.

Holyssa

season4-shoulders-ratingm.png

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone get a sense of deja vu when they read the 2200 rating requirement? Like, the kinda feeling you get from the days of grinding High Warlord/Grand Marshal?

I'm not too crazy for Arena (it's all gonna be available for honor one way or another, just like S1/S2), but I will laugh my arse off when this system turns around & bites Blizzard in the rump come WotLK & the gear quickly becomes heavily dated.

For those who doubt the image, there have been two "leaked" items so far:

Brutal Gladiator's Mooncloth Mantle

Brutal Gladiator's Ornamented Spaulders

Edited by Holyssa

I doubt it'll come back to bite them. Arena seems to be heavily participated in (albeit not at the upper echelon), so they'll likely just scale the gear and requirements once the level cap is raised. I do have to laugh as well, though, that some of the better items available for some classes from S3 have no personal rating, while the shoulders continue to.

While I choose not to do any Arena at all, I do wish they would come up with some new graphics for the armour instead of continuing to replicate existing tier set graphics (only some of which are recoloured)...is it honestly THAT much work to make the two sets visually different?

Very little has been released about the S4 stuff, and what little we have is information that has been data mined. AKA = we don't really know anything.

As for the graphics, its all gonna be variations on the Sunwell Armor from what they can *guess*.

Read a few more responces from Blizzard about the complaints that Arena armour is too similar in appearance to tier sets...basically, it's by design and they actually like it that way, so we won't see any change there *sigh*

And yes, as Baracko said, the only info we have so far on S4 is all data-mined or from PTR, which is known to be about as accurate as a hand grenade compared to live. Bear in mind that even the data mined screenshots have tooltips that are designed to only show certain things in some cases (in this case, they were probably looking to find personal ratings, so it doesn't show much else other than base item stuff). I know for a fact that the piece they showed in that screenshot has other stats, but it probably wasn't of interest since most of that can be calculated anyway based upon iLevel, base stats, and the itemisation scaling that Blizzard has already put forth season-wise.

There's some blue posts on costs and ratings needed now on the WoW PvP forums.

Some of the stuff you use honor to get will now also have a 1500+ arena rating requirement to purchase, and most of the S4 gear has rating requirements on it.

There's some blue posts on costs and ratings needed now on the WoW PvP forums.

Some of the stuff you use honor to get will now also have a 1500+ arena rating requirement to purchase, and most of the S4 gear has rating requirements on it.

Yes... I think this will lead to the death of arena... when the casuals can't get the gear, then they have no incentive, so they will stop. This will probably cause about 50+% of the teams to stop playing arenas, which will then cause all the teams above 1500 to start dropping. This means that the teams that were above 2000 currently will have to fight to be above 1800-1900 due to increased competition and not to mention longer arena queues due to lack of teams to face. And if you thought the queues were tough in BGs now... they will get worse as people won't be going for the new BG items that require arena ratings. This is thoroughly a dumb system due to the QQrs at the higher ranks of the Arena ladder, and it will bite them in the ass.