Kael'Thas is a hero? Nonsense!

Baracko

Your hard work has paid off! Kael'Thas dies again!

WoWScrnShot_032608_235213.jpg

Grats to Waldy who won TWO rolls in one SINGLE INSTANCE! ZOMG! ;p (( The world is coming to an end... repent now! ;p))

Grats guys! Any goodies?

Well, here is the loot we got for those enquiring minds:

Sharded:

Distracting Blades (Selin Fireheart)

Shoulderpads of the Silvermoon Retainer (Kael'thas Sunstrider)

Waldonnis:

Orb of the Sin'dorei (Priestess Delrissa)

Formula: Enchant Cloak - Steelweave (Vexallus)

Baracko:

Rod of the Blazing Light (Vexallus)

Cudgel of Consecration (Kael'thas Sunstrider)

Kadiana:

Vial of the Sunwell (Priestess Delrissa)

Kailand:

Pattern: Gloves of the Living Touch (Kael-thas Sunstrider)

Plus everyone got 4 Badges and a large repair bill :), but unfortunately Kael'thas doesn't drop Primal Nethers on heroic. This is a fun and highly challenging instance. It emphasises control in terms of DPS, CC, awareness, and positioning - even on normal it needs to be thought of as a 5 man raid. If a person can't handle fights in karazhan like moroes, opera, and prince then they should probably avoid heroic magisters terrace. That being said, this should be a good instance to train people on how to handle kara/za.

One of the things that many people will have problems with is that vexallus on heroic is about really really slow DPS - you cannot burn through him since everyone will die in a hurry. Selin Fireheart is similar to the last boss in steamvaults. Priestess Delrissa is an encounter similar to moroes/Malacrass where 4 random adds need to be controlled and burned down in addition to the boss. Kael-thas Sunstrider is very similar to phase 4 and 5 of the TK version - there is target switching to adds, plus you have to be aware of your surroundings.

Warning: The spell effects present in this instance will probably kill people with poor graphic cards.

Edited by Kailand

Aww why couldn't I come with you guys? *sniffle* Just kidding, Congratulations.

Seriously though I have YET to ever even see past the friken 3rd boss in that place :) Last night I came pretty close. I had a nice group too with me on the Shadow Priest. We get up to the the Priestess and what should happen?

SERVER SHUTDOWN: 15 MIN

I was soo pissed off so because of that we only got one try and of course it was not successful *sigh* Then i find out it was only a temporary shutdown but all the other folks in the group has already left :)

Oh sure Kailand, you get that pattern to drop now, four days after I paid Mesyuki 600 gold getting it for Greenspring.

The pattern is now BoP, but still producing the BoE item. If anyone wants these gloves just send me the materials.

The epic LW patterns I can make for others are (i've updated the character profile on my roster to reflect my new acquisitions):

Cloak of Darkness

Nethercleft Leg Armor

Nethercobra Leg Armor

Gloves of the Living Touch

Shadowprowler's Chestguard

Belt of the Black Eagle

Living Dragonscale Helm

Netherdrake Helm

Thick Netherscale Breastplate

Windstrike Gloves

And again, if you want these made just send me the materials (note, supply your own Primal Nethers/Nether Vortices as these are non soulbound now). P

Most excellent....solid report too Kailand.

Looks like that "theme" of slowing down the burn IS potentially being implemented across the WoW Game mechanics.

(referencing how the Devs are trying to lengthen battles and dungeon runs and crawls for the smaller group instances)

Two rolls......perhaps Waldonnis has achieved the blessings of mischeif that Aleis usually has with rolls (his record of 27 rolls in a row won still echos in my wardens ears)

Q: have you guys heard anything of the new Legendary items being tied into these Isle challenges yet?

Q: have you guys heard anything of the new Legendary items being tied into these Isle challenges yet?

Only the one from Sunwell...at least that's all that I saw any reference to from my PTR time. I doubt we'll see any other legendaries until WotLK, though, since this is likely the last major content patch that we'll see until then.

In all, I think the slowing down of that particular encounter was due to our extremely high gear level for the instance. In essence, we brought some of the top damage dealers in our SSC/TK raid, so we had a stupid amount of dps for a heroic group and really had to slow it down. At normal gearing for most heroic groups, it should still be controlled and likely slower than a normal boss fight, but not seem quite as "stand around and wait"ish as it was for our group. It's definitely worth waiting out and rotating the debuffs *if* your healer's mana isn't limiting the group no matter what (always burn hard once he starts his AoE at 15%, though). One thing to note also is that particular fight is rough for paladin healers (no HoTs and if too many people have the debuff, group healing becomes a fight against GCD for paladins). It can be done, but it was obviously designed to challenge a class like paladin that is weaker at healing multiple targets at once. Having an off-spec healer around for that fight is very beneficial on heroic (Bar actually helped heal that one instead of doing damage) simply because of the amount of damage that the Pure Energy killers will end up taking. In short, it's not a dps fight...it's a healing and control fight.

Kael was definitely fun on heroic and it seemed like the whole instance is a great "trainer" for some of the mechanics that we've seen in later raids. Heroic and non both should help some of the newer folks get more accustomed to the types of encounters they'll see in Karazhan and beyond, so I highly recommend that people who are interested in or starting to raid get some time in there. The drops are also pretty nice and more suitable as "bridge into raiding" gear (if not better than some Karazhan gear for certain specs and classes).

Training wise I can agree about some of the fights in MgT. Still kind of feels like for that place, even on normal (if your like me and only have companions that are still in Pre-Kara gear in some cases) is very CC dependant. So far I have only been able to run it on normal.

As far as gear goes, not really much I found that I wanted on normal mode. The gear on normal mode seems more like side grades, or down grades in some cases for some of my friends who Ive been going with. Probably the only thing Id want is some dps plate bracers for my warrior which would be an offspec piece at that.

You know Im up for trying it on Heroic on any of my characters though if you need a mage, tank or even a Shadow Priest! ???

It is bow called Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury that drops off Kil'jaeden.

And if I ever get the chance to see it drop and somebody else tries to go for it... I'll, in the words of Waldonnis, KNIFE YOU!