Super Bowl Bets

Volonazra

You think a team other than the Patriots will win? How . . . interesting.

Its possible. Guess thats why its call gambling?

Although, I do want to see history made. So im cheering for Pats.

Was thinking of taking bets of in game golds and doing the odds thing, maybe even the spread. Anyone good at this kind of thing?

Lordy, I can't believe I am going to root fer da Jints bein' a 'Boy s fan (since 1971)...heheeh. I have NEVER ever waned da Giants to win, but I think the Patriots need their comeupance>;)IF the Giants D is plays a GREAT game AND Manning doesn't tank, they have a shot:) Gimme 14 points and I am in:) :devil:

:devil: Today, EA SPORTS revealed their prediction for the outcome of the highly anticipated Super Bowl XLII game. Based on simulations using the award winning Madden NFL 08 video game, the New England Patriots were victorious over the New York Giants by a narrow margin of eight points with a final score of 38-30. Over the past five years, EA SPORTS has a perfect record predicting the winner of the Super Bowl.

The Madden NFL 08 engine simulated the game based on each team’s roster and their players’ statistics. Using the most current information available, the Patriots and the Giants went head-to-head in a computer-generated match up. The New England Patriots came out on top, making them the first team in NFL history to record a perfect 19-0 season.

The simulated game got off to a very close start with two touchdowns by Patriots running back Laurence Maroney and three field goals by Giant’s kicker Lawrence Tynes. Late in the third quarter, the Patriots led by only one, 24-23. They were able to add to their lead with a 31-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Tom Brady to wide receiver Randy Moss. Entering the fourth quarter, the Giants trailed 31-23 with an opportunity to tie-up the game with a big drive. But instead, a tipped pass by quarterback Eli Manning was picked off by Patriots cornerback Asante Samuel. The Patriots scored with their possession from the turnover, increasing their lead to 38-23. The Giants scored one last time and the game ended 38-30.

Super Bowl XLII kicks off Sunday, February 3rd at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona. We will then know whether EA SPORTS has extended their own winning streak using the Madden NFL engine to predict Super Bowl champions.

Guess I covered da spread!!!! :devil::innocent:

I'm with Muru, being an Eagles fan I can't believe I am rooting for the Giants but I am. I Would love to see Brady take a beating from the Giants D. Actually I'd prefer to see someone lay a hit on Belichick but I know the odds of that are slim. :devil:

Toldar, as long as someone gets hurt I'm gonna be happy :devil:

I'm sorry neither team is even on my scope for rooting for. I'm primarily a steelers and dolphins fan and yah they both suck but those are my teams :devil:

Would like to think the commercials wouldn't be as gimpy as they had been over the past couple of years. Otherwise I'm just watching a movie or sit around in game reading comments in city chats.

Well Brady was hit early and often and although I didn't get to see Belichick take a hit, seeing his team lose and him sulk off the field was good enough for me. What was Brady saying about Plaxico Buress' prediction of a low scoring game? I hope someone asks him about that in the post game.

• 3 weeks later...