Relentless Earthstorm Diamond anyone?

Waldonnis

I'd like to thank all of the little people that I stepped on and have forgotten along the way that helped make this possible.

Yes, Adranna is exalted with the Consortium and can now cut the difficult-to-find-people-that-can-cut Relentless Earthstorm Diamond (+12 Agility & 3% Increased Critical Damage), so start sending lavish praise, purple flowers for her hair, and copious amounts of fishing lures her way and she just might open up her crafting window for you!

Now if these last two tailoring points would cooperate... *mutters about the two tunics made without gaining a single point*

...so start sending lavish praise, purple flowers for her hair, and copious amounts of fishing lures her way and she just might open up her crafting window for you!

Yep, that was dirty. ;p

It actually wasn't that bad. I managed to get the cloth for 23 points of tailoring as well as exalted with the Mag'har, and I just need another 40 or so powders for the nicer of the two epic Halaa mounts :0 The gold gain was good as well (made about 500g along the way in just grey loot and cash drops), found 1-4 blues per week (three in one day at one point), enough greens to DE for the arcane dust I needed for tailoring, and it's been a great supply of free mana and health potions. If anyone ever wants to work on Consortium reputation, I'd definitely recommend Nagrand for those reasons. Having tried the prison keys (drop rates SUCK) and insignias in Netherstorm already, Nagrand just works out to be the most efficient and rewarding comparatively.

In all, I'm definitely glad I could combine all of those goals into one grind...it always makes it that much easier to deal with when you're there for more than just one thing, since "progress" isn't measured only in ogre bead drop rates :yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...
...so start sending lavish praise, purple flowers for her hair, and copious amounts of fishing lures her way and she just might open up her crafting window for you!

Yep, that was dirty. ;p

:)

on another note, Congratulations V on the design! and maybe expect a visit from me when ever I get an upgrade helm with sockets :cry:

on another note, Congratulations V on the design! and maybe expect a visit from me when ever I get an upgrade helm with sockets :)

Sure thing. Tobalaya's transmute is almost always free, so no need to try to locate someone to transmute the diamond.

• 3 weeks later...

Caveat emptor. Blizzard nerfed the diamond. We don't know whether this was accidental or deliberate. Right now, the +3percent to crit damage does not affect spell damage at all *in 2.1.3 it was explicitly changed to include spell damage* nor does it affect white damage. The only thing covered by the additional damage is physical special attacks *Heroic Strike, Mangle, Backstab, Multi-shot, etc.*

Hopefully that isn't the case, but it still doesn't make any difference to me, the +12 agi is the key reason for me getting this gem. DPS wise, for kailand, it puts the crit and the AP meta gems to shame.

Personally, I'm under-impressed by almost all of the meta cuts done by jewelcrafters (the reward ones from spirit shards aren't bad, though). Seems like every one of them is a marginal gain in one aspect with a frequently-pointless bonus gain (chance to restore a tiny amount of mana, for example)....while also having some rather silly gemming requirements. This is especially true for offencive caster metas, which there seem to be ZERO crafted cuts that are even worth the cost of the diamond, let alone the design acquisition cost (frequently 900g+).

I skip over meta socketed helms now and just look at either pure stat/dmg gains or for helms that have "normal" sockets that let me surpass what the average meta offers handily and gain side-bonuses that actually help me....or just leave the meta unsocketed, since I'll likely gem the rest of my gear in such a way that it wouldn't work anyway. I keep experimenting with a few on Verissi's hat collection and have one in her goggles, but I barely notice it's there or can even tell which diamond I have shoved in there at any given time.

Colour me disappointed, I suppose...at least for caster metas.