Ah few Things about da new Hunter Skills.

Tonac

Alright Being one of the first 70 hunters in da Clan, I just wanted to make this quick post to Re-cap on some of dah new Skillz,

First one: Kill Command, Level 66

Ah LOVE this Skill da Death! At 70 it crits for ahbout 550-600 (( 1143 is the highest Crit forme so far ))

Also, All dat Damage is Pet damage, So when it Dose crit, Its A good think for your Tanking pet :D

Next skill: Snake trap, Level 68

This Trap is fun, Besides the 10 or so snakes that attack the target there Venom is nice... tHey do ether Crippling, 50% Redused movment speed, Mind-numbin Poison, 50%+ to Cast timein, And A deadly poison that stacks up to 5 times and ticks for about 72 damage, Also all the Damage from the snakes is nice to.

And The last skill ah Felt like listin, Misdirection, Level 70

Ah love this skill to Mostly becase i can Slap it on mah Pet and give him More Tanking to play around with, Also if you mit be wonderin, Distracting shot Dose Work with Misdirection :)

Also it Works well with Warrior or Bear tanks, ( haven't done much of any 70 instance yet tho so can't say much about this.)

Otha Then dat, Hunte rat 70 Is most fun! The new skills make it Great. And if I don't constant Chain crit off the first few shots, I almost never pull aggro off Scooter..

Just shareing what I'v seen in BC for huntahs so far. Enjoy! >:L

Thanks, Tonac, for the great info! I just recently hit 66 and wasn't really sure how well the kill command would work out (especially with me being a marksman hunter) and had discounted it a bit in my mind as more of a beast mastery thing. With what you're saying, though, I'll definitely have to give it a shot (no pun intended) since it may help my pet not only generate more damage, but also increase his threat. I was also curious about the snake trap and how that would perform realistically, as well as just how flexible misdirection would be, so this information is very promising and gives me something to look forward to.

From what you've said, I think I'll have a great time and add some nice benefits as a hunter in instance groups.

Thanks, Tonac, for the great info! I just recently hit 66 and wasn't really sure how well the kill command would work out (especially with me being a marksman hunter) and had discounted it a bit in my mind as more of a beast mastery thing. With what you're saying, though, I'll definitely have to give it a shot (no pun intended) since it may help my pet not only generate more damage, but also increase his threat. I was also curious about the snake trap and how that would perform realistically, as well as just how flexible misdirection would be, so this information is very promising and gives me something to look forward to.

From what you've said, I think I'll have a great time and add some nice benefits as a hunter in instance groups.

Also Da Talent in Beast mastery: Focused fire, Is Nice to have. For 7 point in BM ya can get 2% more total damage while yer pet is active and ovah 20+ crit for Kill command,

Alosi Ah think dat Kill command uses Your Crit rating, Not the pets Unsure of this as my Crit rating is rather low

(darn new crit rating system)

Also Da Talent in Beast mastery: Focused fire, Is Nice to have. For 7 point in BM ya can get 2% more total damage while yer pet is active and ovah 20+ crit for Kill command,

Alosi Ah think dat Kill command uses Your Crit rating, Not the pets Unsure of this as my Crit rating is rather low

(darn new crit rating system)

I'm sitting at around 25% crit, so I may rethink my talent decisions (I've not been too happy with some of my choices post-60, so a respec is in my future anyway). It's definitely worth considering for solo play for someone like me and I guess I'll find out how well it would work out for me in instances once I actually go somewhere and see how long my pet lasts >:L

I was also curious about the snake trap and how that would perform realistically, as well as just how flexible misdirection would be, so this information is very promising and gives me something to look forward to.

I haven't really noticed what kill command and misdirection use are like, but I know that Odenn *who is the only 70 hunter I managed to run multiple groups with* was really fond of the snake trap. Whenever he wasn't dropping freezing traps for CC, he was using the snake trap. I have to say, from a professional perspective, I was kinda miffed. I was the poisoner around there, not some two-bit snakes. >:L

I was also curious about the snake trap and how that would perform realistically, as well as just how flexible misdirection would be, so this information is very promising and gives me something to look forward to.

I haven't really noticed what kill command and misdirection use are like, but I know that Odenn *who is the only 70 hunter I managed to run multiple groups with* was really fond of the snake trap. Whenever he wasn't dropping freezing traps for CC, he was using the snake trap. I have to say, from a professional perspective, I was kinda miffed. I was the poisoner around there, not some two-bit snakes. >:L

/agreed :)

However in a group dynamic, the more the merrier I say

I've said nothing of the sort. Though I may have been known to occasionally laugh at those who fail to keep their offensive threat-generating abilities behind the aggro-curve, particularly when they lack either the relative *plate armor ratings/localized debuffs* or absolute *dodge/ice-block/mez-cc* damage-mitigating or threat-reducing/redirecting capacities of other classes. I wouldn't know if such a generally-targetted laugh could be perceived as being directed at the shaman class. :D

Edited by Scryll

What can hurt you in ice block?

I've had mine just disappear at least once...I'm assuming some mobs have the ability to dispell it now (it was hinted at that they were going to do this, so I'm guessing that they did). Also, and I haven't tried this yet, but ice block *may* be able to be stolen using spellsteal. It seems to work for everything else I've tried thusfar (priest bubble, shaman shields, warlock fel armour...). I would like to test this with a paladin bubble one day, if one of our new elvish friends wouldn't mind helping :D

The AI's have definitely gotten more complex. To boot, I think Blizz has resorted to things NOT working in an effort to make them more difficult. Case in point: the changes to Ikiss that make ES, kick, and other interrupts ineffective when he is casting his AOE of Poly.

I wasn't thinking of it so much as an aggro-mitigator, though it is used for that purpose to a limited degree, as a way of completely cancelling any damage coming in at you while the spell is active. Like a dodge, and unlike armor, PW:S, etc. it nullifies a damage-attack completely, no matter what its value. Actually, a case can be made that unlike iceblock dodge doesn't nullify a damage-attack completely, because it doesn't affect damage-attacks with an overpower modifier.

In my opinion, the best hunter talent is Readiness - the 41 point talent in the Survival tree. It really lets survival hunters DPS effectively by popping all cooldowns and using 2 rapid fires one after another, as well as Ice cube 2 mobs, and wyvern sting twice in a row.