On Netherdrakes

Maube

For those of you who think like I do... that our flying mounts look sick and diseased...

There will be a chance for us to get Netherdrakes as posted by Drysc:

Weird, I know I posted about this last Thursday. Well anyway, the armored Netherdrake will be available through the arenas as a reward, and a Netherdrake that has a distinctly different appearance from the armored Netherdrake will be available through a quest line which has not yet been implemented. It's likely that it will be implemented with the next major content patch.

They're both epic flying mounts, just to clear up any confusion on their speed.

Dont know how long that quest will take to get Implemented - but I know I will be grinding that quest out IMMEDIATLY upon its implementation! (My Netherdrake Whelp has to grow up sometime!)

I heard that the armored netherdrake will be available from actually being the top team in the "season". I still don't know what a "season" is in blizzard terms, and secondly, is it going to be like the horrible pvp grind we had prior to the BC release?

Rel

There's a quest chain in SE Shadowmoon Valley that gets you Neutral with the Netherwing faction. That's the best place to start. Though the chain ends curently once you're neutral.

And I know what I saw. Don't doubt me, rawr!

Typical forum user responce: "Screenshot or it didn't happen" :p

I believe it, actually...there is still a ton that we don't know about within BC. I've found at least one bugged quest and one "stub" quest chain so far that seems to be reserved for future implementation (which has meant "we'll never finish this" in the past, e.g. revasaur mounts and the Eranikis essence questline). I suppose it's possible that there may be some way to get one, but we just don't know it...guess time will tell.

Like Relikk, I'm curious to see what they mean by "seasons"....if it's monthly, then it's not too terrible, but Maube's right...doubt we'll see many Horde with this compared to our counterparts.

a)havnt seen a single posting yet about them being in game, you more or less likely saw a quest series that utilizes the mount.. such as the one in naggard..

I heard that the armored netherdrake will be available from actually being the top team in the "season". I still don't know what a "season" is in blizzard terms, and secondly, is it going to be like the horrible pvp grind we had prior to the BC release?

Rel

b)the short answer is dream on you dont have a chance.. this will be something left for the highest tier of powergamers, this is nothing you can ' grind ' at, or have a chance with unless your running with a full team of the ' BEST ' pvpers there are on the various servers.. From what I have read its only seasonal ' ie not available often ' an it is the highest team.. which means the god players with the best computers for rendering, an who are doing kaz. while half asleep.. =( sad because I would like to have had a chance at something like this.. this is yet another stab in the eye of the poor casual gamer.. there are those who say ' well anyone can do it thats the fun of the system, only ten games etc.. etc.. ' but when it comes down to it.. the end game for arenas will make the pvp grind look like cake.. /lesigh.. till then its SICK cat for me when i want to fly around =P

erm, in arena matches, you fight both horde and alliance i believe (you do in skirmishes at least)

the "grind" has been eliminted in the arena systems, just play 10 matches a week. get a good win to loos ratio, and whammo!

a season lasts 3 months.

-harne

I remember when I thought *I* was a powergamer, until I discovered players who played all day and night, 7 days a week. These type discovered like-minded players and formed a raiding party. I simply cannot do that myself.

Then one day you discover these groups in pvp.

I remember that day well, we formed up a strike team in a 15 man group from BoTB, WW etc. 4 of us with legendaries (3 hammers), most in Naxx or Warlords gear (I had all warlords). We just crushed the opposition, game after game. Good healing, good coverage, 5 capping left and right, sometimes even against pre-mades.

Then we ran up a team we couldn't beat. It was a sad moment indeed. All three of our groups crushed at the Mills, BS, and Mines respectively. They kept those of us with legendaries sheeped. We formed up and raced out to meet them coming in to capture the farm. It was a slaughter for us, we killed 3, they killed all 15 of us. They pushed us all the way up to our graveyard. Their hunters hit for 1k. Mages hit for far more. Numbers were called out "OMG, I was hit for 3800 crit, then another one..." It was so embarrasing.

By today's terms, that group would have made us number 2, and that means no new mount and a lot of wasted time. I will probably get into a group for the equipment, but not the mount. I will see how things go...

Rel

::nods to Rel:: ko got into a couple groups like that before the Expac - and I am a ######ty hunter :yub: BUT you made contacts - so honestly - those contacts will help you get the gear - but I think themount is out of my reach - I am not Hardcore PvP enough for that. I enjoy it when I get really stressed out - but then again - I wont be sinking that much time once the baby is born ;)