Blizzard

chemmy

I have been tring to log in for a long time now, I can log in, get to the character screen and when i hit enter world, the loading screen comes up, and after it loads, guess what, takes me right back to the character screen, i made a new character and then tried it, does the same thing. I even turn off all of my addons and it still does it, puck blizzard, it worked fine after i got the patch, it loaded up fine and everything but after that restart well it's messed up for me.

Happened to me last Tuesday. It's just because the server is either experiencing super heavy traffic, since it was down and now is finally up... or it's just really still down and Blizzard lied hehe.

SKAH!

Who had the bright Idea to do a major server rehaul AND a major content patch in the same week....

AD apparently being down for 13+ hours yesterday wasnt enough... down AGAIN today until 2pm...

This is so going to F with Molten Core Tnight =(

The actual reason why you kept getting kicked back to the character selection screen was because the realm was down. The server was up, but both Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms had crashed. Therefor your character couldn't log in because there was nowhere for them to log in TO.

Gorram Blizzard!

Bad enough every Tuesday(which is my "Friday evening" BTW) it takes at least 8 hours for "routine" maintenance, but now they have to kill the second day of my "weekend" as well.

Ah well, at least I was able to get my little twinkie Orc warrior to almost 16 as well as 150 engineering and 210 first aid in between restarts/shutdowns last night...

With the new X-server BGs and having played a priest in the 10-19 bracket, I expect no heals, so I figure it is better to be able to use the best bandages I can. :p

Also, engineering is the only way to get a stat enhancing piece of headgear for a warrior below 26ish. And the bombs are fun :)

AD apparently being down for 13+ hours yesterday wasnt enough... down AGAIN today until 2pm...

This is so going to F with Molten Core Tnight =(

Too straight. That's my fear as well, but I know we have loyal folks who'll try to turn out anyway.

You know... these past two Tuesdays have wrecked the momentum we had with the ACMC raid. A damn shame... we had more than enough people, and the right classes, best DPS I've seen, an abundance of healing, etc. We might be able to climb out of the hole still, but.... damn you Blizzard. Damn you.

Performance Engineering has been WoW's greatest flaw since the beginning, and hasn't shown any signs of being truly put to final rest. I didnt expect that from the Blizzard whose production was always a cut above the rest in the industry.

Wish blizzard would hurry up and fix the server. I want to go to MC tonight, but no they had tp release the patch and mess everything up.

What the puck. I sign onto AD and guess what, I have no characters. I pucking piss.

Edited by chemmy

You're not alone. Quite a few folks are posting on the forums that none of their characters are showing up at all. To make matters worse, some morons are getting childish and creating new characters with the same names as some of the forum personalities, which is bound to cause some conflicts when they try to straighten this mess out...

They *really* messed this one up, in my opinion. Given how complex the game architecture must be, I can see how it could happen, but it just screams of poor planning. I'm hoping for things to be ok for MC tonight, but since even fishing was screwy last night (and now this, with the characters not being there), I'm not overly optimistic.

that is true, making a new character with the same name as there level 60 is retarded, i made a new one fdgha just to get into the game and send a ticket in as well, but im going to close that ticket and get off of it.

Weird. My Argent Dawn characters are missing, but my Gurubashi characters are there.

/boggle

Hm... what would you guys do if your characters got deleted irreplaceably? Start over? Move to another realm? Quit WoW entirely?

I think I'd start over personally. Might be kinda fun in a way.

Edited by Rhoach

If this doesnt get rectified... it will make my money problems a little easier... because 30 dollars a month is a lot when we dont have healthcare - I'm pregnant - and I dont have a job

! i know how you feel...well not completely :) but in terms of the money crunch i do!

I spose i would start over...

RP pvp? dunno RP somtin for sure....

!

I spose i'll go see nacho libre tonight (didnt go last night) .... i give wow till 7pm to show me my chars! otherwise me nub go to mc! yikes!

Hm... what would you guys do if your characters got deleted irreplaceably? Start over? Move to another realm? Quit WoW entirely?

I think I'd start over personally. Might be kinda fun in a way.

Holy cow. That's a big thought, at least for me. What would I do? I don't think I'd start over. I would miss WoW, but I've been wrapped up in this game since I Beta'd for it. True, the game's community is so much different than it was once upon a sunny time when it first was launching, but I still have found ways to love it. Losing that would represent things I couldn't ever recapture. Incredibly lucky finds that I'd never be able to repeat (such as when I won the Chromatic Carapace in UBRS against 3 other rollers with my roll of 34), progress made on things that were an f-ing beating but I got through it so I could be done with it (Cooking comes to mind).

I am pretty sure that I'd take it like Maube -- it would be the end. Wash hands, dry, walk away to other things.

It's such an excellent question, though, because I would miss it and dream about returning. It would be a chance to have an "alternate universe" experience and do things differently. I am afraid my designs are not for public consumption, though, as they speak of present situations, past regrets, and of plans/ideas that I don't want to be misunderstood in my current situation -- assuming of course there's a current situation to return to.

Losing our characters... I highly doubt that's what we're looking at though. It certainly is possible in the world of data and code, but can you imagine what it would do to Blizzard's game and their reputation? Talk about a storm of poop, with lots and lots of "rain".

Edited by Grimgor

Hm, it gets weirder.. apparently you can make a character on AD and log in just fine, but none of your original characters are on there? Jebus.

Running around as a night elf named Gom right now, for ######s n giggles. :p

Edit: Just ran into Gort, level four rogue now apparently :)

Edited by Rhoach