For those that don't want CT Raid...

Huato

Looks like Blizzard has now implemented MANY of the options into the raid interface from CT Raid (which Greenbull stated was going to happen). Here are some (most) of the notes:

- Text that a raid leader sends to chat will now be displayed in a

different color and will have the [Raid Leader] label.

- There is now a new raid warning chat channel available to raid

leaders and assistants. Text that is sent to this channel will appear

in the center of the screen for all players in the raid. The channel

is called Raid Warning and text can be sent to it with "/rw"

- Raid leaders now have a Ready Check button on their raid interface.

This can also be sent with /readycheck from the chat line. A Ready

Check sends an "Are you ready?" window with Yes/No buttons to all

players in the raid. The raid leader will get feedback in 30 seconds

on all the players who were not ready or who did not respond.

- Players now have a Raid Info button on their raid interface that

functions the same way /raidinfo worked before. This function will

display a pane showing all of the raid instances that a player is

saved to, rather than displaying it to the chat window.

- Players in a party may now select an option that allows them to all

currently open instances.

You only get the reset all instances option if you are a party

leader.

The UI option appears if you are a party leader, you have one or

more instances open, and you are not currently in an instance.

The UI option is a right-click option off of your own portrait (like

party loot options).

You get a warning dialogue when you select this option asking if you

really want to reset all instances.

If you select reset all instances, all non-raid instances will be

reset to their starting condition.

- Auction Search Results.

It should say "Searching for Items" when it is still seeking results.

It should only say "No Items Found" when it has completed a search

and not gotten any hits from your criteria.

- The Repair all button on NPC's that repair will now repair all of the

items that you are carrying whether you have them equipped or not.

- Parties and Raids now can mark targets for their party/raid in the

gamefield. A party leader or raid leader/assistant can right-click the

portrait of their target to select a symbol to associate with that

target. All players in the party/raid will see the selected symbol

over the head of the target as well as on the portrait of that target.

- Players can now turn on the "Target of Target" in the Raid and Party

section of the interface options. When this is turned on, anytime a

player is in a party or raid, it will show the portrait and health of

whatever your current target has targeted. You can click on that

portrait to target that thing directly or if you have the spell glove

up you can cast spells on the target of target without targeting it

directly.

- Bags that you are carrying now have a brown background when opened

and bags that are in your bank have a gray background when opened.

This will allow a player to more easily tell the difference between a

bag they are carrying and one that is in their bank.

- When reputation increases from one level to the next (Friendly to

Honored for instance) that text will be displayed to the chat log

instead of to the combat log.

- The Group Loot/Need before Greed dialogue will now show a golden

dragon border around Bind on Pickup items.

- The party leader can now reset a dungeon instance from the interface.

If the party has recently been inside an instance but is now outside

of the instance, the party leader will have a right-click option from

their own portrait (where you select the loot UI preference) that is

"Reset all Instances". If this is selected all non raid instances will

be reset for the party.

- Players now automatically have Keyrings. When a player first acquires

a key, they will automatically acquire a keyring that can only hold

permanent dungeon keys. The size of the keyring will increase as the

player goes up in level up to 12 key slots at level 60.

- Additional action bars now have range indicators on them. If a button

in one of a players additional action bars has a range component, it

will display a red dot when a target is out of range.

- You can now target a player by clicking their name from the chat log

and selecting the "Target" option.

- Spells that have a lasting effect on a player and have charges such

as the Shaman's Lightning Shield spell will now display how many

charges are left on spell icon.

- The icons of negative effects on that appear on the player now have

a color to indicate their type. Curses are purple, disease is yellow,

poison is green and magic is blue. In addition when a party member is

struck by one of these four types of negative effects, their portrait

will pulse the appropriate color for 30 seconds or until the effect

is removed.

- Using B at the bank will now toggle open/closed all of your bags and

all of your bank bags.

- When you are at the bank and your open bags would start to overlap

with your bank pane, your bags will scale down to a smaller size so

you can access all of your bags and the bank at the same time.

- Many new Tips of the Day have been added.

- The interface event processing has been optimized while zoning.

- Your interface windows are no longer closed when you zone.

- You can now bind the mousewheel to button actions.

- You can now rebind the screenshot action, though the print screen

button cannot be reassigned

Hmm. Well, I'll stay with CT for some time until I see some automatic tools for using the new channels. /rw is cool, but you still having to write things by hand, not very produtive.

And the new CT version sure will have support to the new interface.

As I said before, Blizzard's Interface sucks, so they get what they like on the addons world to fix :p

EDIT: And, anyway, the MT windows, Raidstatus, all the nice thingies that make our raid go fast, are not yet present :)

Edited by greenbull

Agreed Green, just wanted to let those that do not want to use CT Raid know that some of the things we use frequently in CT are now available as part of the standard UI. :p

*grumbles* I was having fun without it...*grumble grumble grumble stubborn grumble grumble*

:p

You can still get by without it. You now have some of the features that are the most important (raid messages, ready checks, targeting windows). :)

*grumbles* I was having fun without it...*grumble grumble grumble stubborn grumble grumble*

:p

You can still get by without it. You now have some of the features that are the most important (raid messages, ready checks, targeting windows). :)

Cwn is just mumbling because she noticed that, eventually, all CT_Ra will be default on WoW, then she will use and think "why I didn't used it before..." :p

But with the new channels and ready test being in the default UI, the compatibility goes up. If CT_Ra uses the /rw to broadcast message, even people without CT_Ra will see the DPS ON/OFF spams, etc...

Just need the tank windows now :) I don't want to hear again on a Raid "I was trying to find him to heal" after the 2nd tank dies and the priest was trying to find one toon in the middle of 40 other people... :|

This patch has that functionality...sort of. It doesn't seem to put windows up but rather puts an icon over the MT's head which theoretically makes it easier to find them (from what I gather from the notes)...unless Zuato is standing toward the front of the raid with his Redemption staff...I've been told it can be seen over all the other Tauren in the raid from clear in the back...by a Forsaken. :p

Nice, some useful stuff and I still don't have to slow down my comp with add ons!

Well... There's no difference, Fomor. If you look inside your Interfaces/Addons folder you will see that you HAVE addons, all from Blizzard. Since 1.8 (I think) all complex interfaces are addons made by blizzard. The new RaidUI is all there. It's encrypted, but they're there.

So, the new RaidUI is bigger and has a bigger memory usage. I

Using addons add to the game's memory usage? Yes. But the updates on Blizzard's default UI adds the same way.

It's a illusion to think that only because it's made by Blizzard on the Default UI it will not make the game heavier. In time, Blizzard will add so many things to the game that our current machines that run it well will start to have problems and we'll need an upgrade to keep up with memory/resources usage.

It may add less to the resource usage because Blizzard com compress and add stuff in ways that the common addons can't, but don't think that they can add stuff without adding to the game size, they're not that magic.

Nice, some useful stuff and I still don't have to slow down my comp with add ons!

Well... There's no difference, Fomor. If you look inside your Interfaces/Addons folder you will see that you HAVE addons, all from Blizzard. Since 1.8 (I think) all complex interfaces are addons made by blizzard. The new RaidUI is all there. It's encrypted, but they're there.

So, the new RaidUI is bigger and has a bigger memory usage. I

Using addons add to the game's memory usage? Yes. But the updates on Blizzard's default UI adds the same way.

It's a illusion to think that only because it's made by Blizzard on the Default UI it will not make the game heavier. In time, Blizzard will add so many things to the game that our current machines that run it well will start to have problems and we'll need an upgrade to keep up with memory/resources usage.

It may add less to the resource usage because Blizzard com compress and add stuff in ways that the common addons can't, but don't think that they can add stuff without adding to the game size, they're not that magic.

3rd party programs slow down a machine more than an integrated program... you are fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

But I am not gonna rehash this old argument, I don't use add ons and now many of the benefits of the biggest used one are built into the game.

Win-win.

3rd party programs slow down a machine more than an integrated program... you are fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

::bangs head on the wall::

addons are not 3rd party... addons uses built in language and variables... Great part of Blizzard's UI is made in that same language.

whatever. if you think you're playing ok, whatever.

I am a wow purist. ((that means i dont use addons.))

(until uglutz and maube used peer pressure and made me download CT_raid)

:)

I am a wow purist. ((that means i dont use addons.))

(until uglutz and maube used peer pressure and made me download CT_raid)

:)

You shoulda held out longer!

Cwn/Fomor>peer pressure

Let'snot draw lines. No need to imho.

We all understand the ramifications of using mods and what they can and cannot do. However, there are neat work arounds that fall within the parameters of not using CT_Raid. For instance, DPS warriors can make hotkeys directly from the macro table, such as a button /assist greenbull or /assist alhazad. In this way, you can punch that button and then charge his target.

One problem I noticed is on the core hounds. Without CT raid, you are unable to determine which one is #3. When Maube calls out "Off on 3!" and frantically repeats it because its taking too much damage, then DPS players will need to find a way to switch off that target and onto the one that needs more damage.

I thought of a solution; Players have 5 macros ready prior to the raid. Each one labelled /assist tank#1 , /assist tank#2 etc. Then have the macro edit window open when entering the core hound room, you can quickly assign the names when Maube is calling out the order. Then you will know which one is 1, 2, 3 etc.

If Maube maintains the same order after Lucifron dies, then it should be no problem.

Priests can do the same thing, set up macro buttons and cast (I do this with my priest).

The one thing I love about CT_raid is that you can see the health of multiple mobs simultaneously so you can take quick action to switch to the one that needs more or switch off the one you are on before anything is said. However, your decision to use it or not is up to you, and I have always cherished the disenting opinion as it is what freedom is about.

Essentially, the purpose of CT_Raid is that it permits players to progress through an instance at a more rapid pace. Without it, raids would progress at a snails pace, with players frustrated that after 3.5 hours and multiple wipes, they finally defeated a pack of corehounds and if really organized, made it to Magmadar. The attraction to our raids is that we minimize risk, complete the same goals that other organized guilds have set and reduced the cost to each players pocket book in repair bills, all while providing more rewards for being organized and efficient. Grinding in the mags room without CT_raid is not for me. I respect anyone's decision not to use it, I would appreciate though that the same respect for using a tool to be more efficient is not broadcasted as negative or durogatory. Please respect my decision as I don't mind anyone not using it.

Rel

::bangs head on the wall::

addons are not 3rd party... addons uses built in language and variables... Great part of Blizzard's UI is made in that same language.

whatever. if you think you're playing ok, whatever.

Bang your head all you want.

Any program that originates outside of the one you are using requires more resources (bandwith, processing speed) to use and thus slows down your machine. I know, I have tried, when instant cast abilities take a few seconds, there is a problem.

And yeah, I know I am playing just fine.

Hey, I've got no problems with the folk that choose to use it, nor will I say anything bad about it at all, unless pressed about my reasons for not using it. Then the comments come out sounding bad because of my veiws of the programs themselves, not those who use them. I'm perfectly happy with other people using it if they find they enjoy doing so.

However, I will toss out a few good natured teases on the day after patching, when you have to go fix your mods and I don't >:L

Hey, I've got no problems with the folk that choose to use it, nor will I say anything bad about it at all, unless pressed about my reasons for not using it. Then the comments come out sounding bad because of my veiws of the programs themselves, not those who use them. I'm perfectly happy with other people using it if they find they enjoy doing so.

However, I will toss out a few good natured teases on the day after patching, when you have to go fix your mods and I don't :)

lol

Amazingly enough...all of my UI add-ons worked fine. I really *should* go look for the updated versions now though. >:L