Golemagg Post Mortem

Huato

Ok, so we had problems again this week with Golemagg.

Here are my observations, and would like to hear others observations as well (please note that I am not pointing fingers at anyone - just stating what I observed from my very narrow perspective of the encounter Friday night).

I was assigned to heal Lomar along with a Shaman (this was with Zuato). What happened right off the bat both times is that the dogs were to be pulled up to us and Golemagg tanked where he is.

Problem 1: Keeping Lomar alive. The idea was to pull the dog up behind the spikes on the left as we are facing Golemagg. I had LoS issues because the dog was engaged both times on the other side of the spikes. By the time we could get to him, it was too late or Lomar was almost dead.

Problem 2: Damage. Not sure if anyone else noticed this, but it seemed like the dogs were doing more damage then in the past. I wasn't present for the Golemagg encounter the week before because I had to bail due to being sick, but the two times previous I don't remember the dogs hitting the tanks that hard.

So, for Problem 1 I plan on placing myself on the opposite side of the spikes right off the bat to keep from having LoS issues and follow Lomar back to the designated position.

Problem 2...is this a result of having less healers this time around? Or did the damage go up? I know this really took the raid by surprise, and we have had a lack of healers all around lately.

I think less healers this time was our big problem. Both times I've helped take down Golemagg sucessfully, we've had three healers on each of the dog tanks. Perhaps we can use just two healers, but I think it would have to be healers stronger than a shaman to manage that. I remember the time before I had a druid that was watching over my little team and throwing innervate when he could on me. That boost of mana really helped. This time the druid in my group had to concentrate on more than just our team, and with as hard as those dogs bite, that gave the dog the little edge he needed to eat poor Smeddie. *sniffs* And then his doggie pal came over and ate me.

I think we dont have to pull the dogs behind the pillars, maybe just in front of them? As long as their nose stops glowing they are alright

Now the BIG problem is, the first couple times wet ook down Golemagg was when we had 9 shamans.

Our healers have gone MIA which I can udnerstand (lot of burnout when you are a healer)

As far as problem 1 goes there is definitely some fine tuning and learning involved in both LOS and range when healing. Running instances like UD Strat was helpful for that because of all the corners in the city. Range is tricky. Thats why I often stand too close to the tank and target for my own good (of course it also provides a good view :p ). I cant speak too much to the damage being done by the dogs but Golemagg was hitting for about what he usually does. I think the main roblem was (shameless plugg) the lack of priests, ideally I would like to see at least six of us in an MC raid where you have multiple tanks tanking multiple targets, I know we cant always cover that and so we need to be flexible....an adequate amount of healers is as important as an adequate amount of tanks and dps. Unfortunately, druids and shaman, while they are good healers, have a hard time filling in a priest role.

In my opinion, I would like to see two priests for Golemagg and two priests for each doggie, just like we have two tanks for Golemagg so they can switch out. Six priests would also allow for a priest for every tank on domo and his buddies. Druids and shaman are a godsend to cover our arses and God knows I love my crack (a.k.a. innervate), however, it is difficult to use them as primary healers for a tank. Unfortunately, I have little to offer in the way of advice in the case of a lack of priests as described above. Hopefully, we can attract a few more in the future.

This week I suggest we pay close attention to our healing, especially things like healing rotations so we can handle the oom situations more effectively as Benim and I have discussed, and if a healer thinks they are out of LOS or range, they probably are. Thankfully, range is straigtforward since you can gauge that by looking at your hotbar.

Most importantly, lets kick his arse!!

Thats why it hurts not to have a main healer able to be there week after week like there is a main hunter, warrior etc =(

When kalrash was able to make it every week everyone looked to him for assignments and whatnot =(

LFM MC need priest.

I agree, there's no difference on the damage, only on the healing :p The times when we got golemagg (and the Harbinger) down we had plenty of healing on the MT and the OT, overhealing to be true, because we don't even used fancy strategies (separating the priests, MT/Healer rotation).

But we will work on getting more priests.

Ok, for healing...if anyone has any suggestions on rotations, separating HoT's and direct heals into groups and giving them assignments, etc please post them here. We need to work this out because I think even with the limited healing we have now we can do it. More would be better, but it doesn't look like we're going to see some of our regular priests back for a while.

Thats why it hurts not to have a main healer able to be there week after week like there is a main hunter, warrior etc =(

When kalrash was able to make it every week everyone looked to him for assignments and whatnot =(

OK, I am not the best geared, but I can promise to be there every single Wednesday and most of every Friday as needed.

I am just scared of sucking :devil:

*cheers Fomor*

dont worry friends! Harne will be back in just over 1 week!!! and i got Houli my priest at lvl 29ish? ha! been so long i forget!

*cheers Fomor*

dont worry friends! Harne will be back in just over 1 week!!! and i got Houli my priest at lvl 29ish? ha! been so long i forget!

Yay!!! Harne will be back!

We went from Druid famine, to feast, then back to famine. lol

Wait till you see it Houlli! We had a night where we had 5 druids in the run! >:L Then Friday I was the only Druid till Morgh got home and logged in!

Only big thing about Golemagg is the debuffs. Every time you melee hit him, there's a chance you'll get the debuff. The tank can go the entire fight with no more than, say, 8 debuffs (if DPS is HEAVY) and steady healing and we'll win, or he can be unlucky and stack debuffs past 10, 15 and healing becomes impossible.

The debuffs are fire damage (I believe, they're a fiery attack), so FR should mitigate some of that damage. But if the debuffs stack too high, the MT may need to stop attacking. At this time, you can either stop DPS cold until his debuffs expire, or pause DPS and have an offtank pick up aggro.

Last week I think it was just a shortage of healing on the MT and dog tanks.

heh dont be worried fomor, ive been play'n this game nearly since its release, and maube's raid is my first "end game content"

i dont even know what the hell this "golmag" is people seem to be talking about :)

Edited by Houli

heh dont be worried fomor, ive been play'n this game nearly since its release, and maube's raid is my first "end game content"

i dont even know what the hell this "golmag" is people seem to be talking about :)

You know those giants things (Molten Giant, Moletn Destroyer)? Golemagg looks like them, but makes them look like dwarfs...or gnomes. Yes, he's HUGE! lol

And he has a couple of "dogs" called Core Ravagers just to make things more interesting. When you get back you can take Harne and tank him. :)

Well, after last nights run I think the dog issue was nicely handled. We had a priest and a shammy on each dog tank and had no problems, the rest of the healers were all on the MT/OT and spot heals... I think we lost 2 or 3 people that fight and none were the assigned tanks. Last night I notice we also coordinated our healing duties really well, everyone knew who they were watching and except for a few lag issues... or us squishy priests getting 2 shotted... there were very few hiccups.

We are learning to work together better and better =)

What is really exciting is we had a lot of MC nooblets =) and we did GREAT!

Kudos to everyone for paying attention and doing thier jobs without hotshotting!