The Lucy thread

Volonazra

Honestly the curse isn't as bad as the Impending Doom. That's the real killer, and I had to ask on the attempt that we downed Luci to have it removed. prior to that request it wasn't being removed from me at all, and I was designated as a MT healer.

If I get the curse, I can hold off a little while and bandage myself if I've taken damage or run up and bandage the tank while I wait for the curse to be removed. It's the Impending Doom that gets us all that needs to go asap :)

Lucifrons Curse is what Mages take off, we just need to have a priest assign priority to mages, Priests then to tanks =) Impending doom pretty much kills me in 1-2 shots

What she said. And MC was laggy enough for me and the timer was wonky enough that I was lucky to get one spell off before having to run like a little girl (oh wait I am a girl) back to a safer spot. I'm more than happy to get up by the MT and cast my curse removal but then I have to have someone ready to remove Impending Doom or else it's splat time again. Of course if we have enough mages I guess that's ok too!

:)

Well for the melee types we had a fun little group going. The other Rogues with us were MC virgin's so I set up side chat with them and "educated" them along as we went through to help them stay focussed, control their damage output etc.. etc... For Luci I had them cue off of me and follow my lead in between curses. As rogues we can handle getting the 2k hit once not twice so I had them coming in meleeing, taking one impending doom (the other curse doesn't really damage us, just makes our attacks suck ass), then running out of range for before the next impending doom gets tagged, bandaging up and then repeat. Helps on 2 fronts 1 - impending doom removers don't have to pay any attention to us at all and 2 - we get out heal ourselves and go back in.

I'm happy to "lead" the rogue squad in the same capacity this week. We were actually having quite a bit of fun with it.

A couple lessons I learned while trying to use the felhunter during the encounter. Felhunter was dead after devouring once off the MT. The only useful thing I could do with it was keep myself de-magiced, which kept me alive and the healers/decurser attention on the more vital members. Keep in mind I have 0 demonolgy talents. Demonolgist milage may vary.

I think this is a good thread for the training area. Hopefully the Crushers of the future can learn from our struggle.

• 2 weeks later...
Let me say this...

We need to get our tanks with Shadow Resist for the Luci encounter... Was chatting with Mirk about what we were doing wrong and I believe Green didnt have a lick of shadow prot on him

MT having shadow gear = not a necessity. He need's a lot of stamina gear. In our SB raids, we usually have 4-6 priests. One priest and one druid designated to get the curse/magic off the MT. All mages are responsible for getting rid of the curses on the rest of the raid. We have 2 diff priests assigned to 2 off tanks, handling the adds(kill them first). Then rest of druids and 1 more priest on MT and possibly 1-2 shamans, rest of shamans float heal.

This fight is very easy, and the only shadow resist you need is the one the priest can buff to the raid >:L. The trick is to get rid of that very nasty curse and demagic. Most of the time the float heals (from shamans and bandages can keep the raid up). Hope this helps, gluck!