Lifestealing

Lunessa

Well, if anyone wants to donate living essences, essences of undeath, and large brilliant shards to the 'Enchant my Hanzo swords by level 50' fund, let me know. I'd just buy the stuff, but they're usually aren't many on auction at all.

Well, if anyone wants to donate living essences, essences of undeath, and large brilliant shards to the 'Enchant my Hanzo swords by level 50' fund, let me know.  I'd just buy the stuff, but they're usually aren't many on auction at all.

I think I may have one essence of undeath in the bank

Yes, the Life Stealing is incredible. Only for fast weapons though. It is a %proc type, not timered. Its not a great option for group pve situations where you dont want aggro. If we wanted, we could attempt to raid farm the enchant for the guild in Scholo form Spectral Researchers.

Edited by Volonazra

Hmm. So in your opinion, would it be worth it to put it on my Zulian Stone Axe?

It's speed is 2.8, yet with winfury and flurry, I get extra attacks, faster attacks (when flurry goes off) which translates to more chances for the lifesteal to proc.

I know my Hammer of the Titans stun would proc off of the 2nd or 3rd windfury hits when it went off, so I would assume that life steal would too.

Or would you recommend something like Crusader or an intellegence or spirit enchante for my axe since I am now an Elemental/enhance Shaman?

The axe already starts with +22 intellect, so I don't think that the + 22 intellect would help me much on that weapon (athough the added mana pool and chance to crit with spells is nice).

Basically I am trying to figure out what high end enchant on my 2h axe is going to be the best for me as a Shaman that does do both PvE and PvP over the long run. I had (still have it) my Hammer of the Titans for about 2 months before switching to this axe, and I doubt that I will upgrade to something else unless I luck into a Finkle's Lava Dredger or get to Exalted with the Frostwolves (part way through honored with them now) and buy the Unstoppable Force.

Hmm 2.8 is middle of the road as far as speed goes. I cant give the best case for that one. I have always read/heard that the general rule is: 2h should get crusader, 1h should get Lifesteal. You -may- want to get the +agi/+str on it instead. Im leaning toward Agi, as that would help you in many areas (ie crits>flurrying). If it were me Id take the time to post/read on some shaman forums and see what good advise comes from them. Also, ol Kaer likes to number crunch. Im sure he'd love to talk about it with you.

Hmm.

I've noticed that I cast much more now than I used too then step in and swing away with my 2h axe when low on mana. My axe already has +22 Int wihtout enchant, so I don't know that adding more intellect to it would be more beneficial than say a Str/agi/crusader/lifesteal enchant. Another reason that I have also considered the spirit enchant on it (+20) to help regen mana/life faster.

I still find myself even in a lot of boss encounters staying with the 2h axe. I have a shield and a one hand mace that has +11 to healing when I need it, but I rarely use it. That is why I was wondering about the lifesteal enchant on my 2h weapon. I'm still learning about enchanting, so I know very little and need guidance on it. I figure later on I will probably be using the one hand mace and shield more often, but as of this point in time I use it maybe 10% of the time I am playing.

Righteous orbs are rediculously expensive and hard to get, and I don't like live Strath enough to want to go there and hope some drop and then hope I could win a roll on them. lol But I would go to help others and myself get them. :axe:

So, with that in mind, what do you (and Kaer, Mr. Math himself) suggest?

I am not goin' to go with lifesteal'n personally till i get lvl 60' daggers...

+4 dmg or +5 is on the menu for me for my main hand, and off hand a firey enchant

Well I'd be willing to farm for it... sicne well I am an enchanter too >:L

I need to get back over to WP to farm more for Crusader... thats a beatch to farm

Almost to honored with the Furbolgs... and I am honored with the Thorium Brotherhood(just need to get into BRD to get my stuph)

• 1 month later...

I have daul LS enchants on my axes currently. It is well wort it, but really more for grinding and trash mobs.

the enchant seems to proc about 5 or 6 times in a normal fight. so it only heals 150 to 180 per fight. and adds 150 to 180 to damage done. when grinding and using a heroism card I can grind for hours, on 56 and lower mobs without stopping.

In Boss Fights well you are usuallt taking too much damage for 360 to 540 pts over the 2 to 3 min period to be effective. I'm usually taking 5 or 600 per swing.

On the plus side, it is considered shadow damage and works on everything in MC.(it used to be fire)

I got mine from Myrdoch.

Hope that helped.