Shaman Epic Quest...need help

Huato

Ok, I've also posted this over on the Argent Covenant site too...I am looking to try to put together a group for this Thursday (12/1) at 9pm to go to Scholomance and complete the Epic Shaman quest. This is a 5 man run, and here is the break down of what will take place (this is quoted from another source):

I did it successfully my 1st try, with zero wipes. Actually, we only had 1 person die the entire time and we werent even in danger of wiping. None of us were "uberly geared" at the time... Group was Priest/Mage/warrior/shaman/shaman

The 1st part of the quest is just to bring an Azerothian Diamond and a Black Pristine Diamond to the trainer in thralls chamber. Then He sends you to Scholomance.

Basicly, clear schol up to Rattlegore. Thats the room where the entire event takes place.

Positioning

1st and foremost, you want to get set up in the right place. Place the item that begins the quest (i cant remember the name) in the far left corner (if youre standing in the doorway looking into the room). You cant put it IN the corner cause it has to be in the "middle" of the room, but put it as far in the corner as it will let you. Then send the group in the bottom right corner (nearest to the doorway) ontop that pile of bones. The mobs enter from the far side and head straight for that beacon before slowly making their way into the rest of the room. This will give you a little bit more time, if you need it, to clear some of the mobs before the newer spawns aggro onto you.

The Fight Begins

There 3 major waves of mobs that consist of several "mini" waves. 1st set is blue. Theyre not that hard. As long as people do thier job, there should be no problems (ie tank tanking, healer healing, etc). Beat the crap out of em and drink inbetween the mini waves of these guys. After the last of the blue mobs are killed, 9 green mobs will enter the room and take post in groups of 3. 1 will be in the far left hand corner (from ur current position), one in the far right, and the other in the middle.

The Pull

For most, this is the hardest part of the entire encounter. And with good reason... if this pull is done improperly, the group will wipe. These are very strong mobs. If you try to pull any set of them with ranged, you will die. The key here is to have one of you hug the far left wall and run straight into that set of 3. If done right, you should have only 3 to deal with. If either or both of the other sets aggro, let that person die. Simply rez them, and try again. I actually had the priest run in, and it worked wonderfully. Fight right there in that corner. Be carefull to not asggro the other groups. After that 1st group is down, you can stay there, or head back to original position and pull the next 2 sets one at a time with ease.

Take your time here. Theres no reason to rush anything because nothing spawns untill all of these are dead. Drink after each set.

**note** These green mobs cast a curse that is a nasty shadow vulnerability. It will eat you alive on the next set of mobs (they cast shadow damage) if you dont have a mage to dispel it)

Towards the end, there will be a named mob that will spawn. Shackle him, and make sure everyone is full on mana. Kill him with as little mana spent as possible!!! Youll need it later.

Speed is essential

After that named is dead, purple mobs will enter. These come a few at a time and unlike all of the previous, are not on a 'by kill' basis. These are on a timer and will come whether or not ur ready. The key is to keep one shackled at all times and DPS the hell out of em. Kill the shackled one and then drink drink drink. My group was able to kill them quick enough to have PLENTY of time between waves. Again, at the end a named will appear. Shackle him and drink up. Like the last, kill him with as little mana as possible. Once hes dead, the Darkreaver Menace will appear.

Darkreaver Menace

He's really not that hard at all. Just keep the tank alive and dont pull his agro.

Anyone interested in helping me complete this?

I have done this encounter and we wiped on it.

My suggestion

1) You must have a priest. No exception. Shackle Undead will win you this fight.

2) Hunter really helps. Freeze trap works on these guys.

Since you yourself must go, a good group would be :

Warrior/Hunter/Priest/Shaman/(Mage/Rogue)

Later in the night and it becomes too late for me...9:30 at the latest. What times work best for you? I am open to changing the day/time if something works out better for more people.

I would love to have ya Smedlock. :yub: Just not sure how long you'd survive in there not being 60 yet. It could be done, but I am not sure...it may take a week or more to get the people together to help too, so you may be our tank.

Later in the night and it becomes too late for me...9:30 at the latest. What times work best for you? I am open to changing the day/time if something works out better for more people.

I would love to have ya Smedlock. :yub: Just not sure how long you'd survive in there not being 60 yet. It could be done, but I am not sure...it may take a week or more to get the people together to help too, so you may be our tank.

Everyone in the group must be 60, without exception. The quest reward is epic for a reason. This is seriously an amazingly brutal encounter.

I tanked the green part fine, but then the next part was shadow damage. GG :innocent:

I am booked up this week (likely be running attunements. These Dark Iron Shoulders wont smelt THEMSELVES after all).

Might be able to hit you next week if you can sling together a posse Good news is - the whole process doesnt take too long to do.

^_^

Thanks for the info yet again Kaer...I am going to be indebted to you forever at this rate! :innocent:

Let me know if I can be of assistance with any of your runs too. As long as I have the time I am willing to lend a hand. You've helped me countless times...I'd like to be able to at least attempt to repay the favor. :yub:

The lack of responses so far over at the AC site is leading me to believe it may well be next week before I can get a group rounded up, but I am still hoping to be able to do it this week.

Thanks for the info yet again Kaer...I am going to be indebted to you forever at this rate! :D

Let me know if I can be of assistance with any of your runs too. As long as I have the time I am willing to lend a hand. You've helped me countless times...I'd like to be able to at least attempt to repay the favor. :yub:

The lack of responses so far over at the AC site is leading me to believe it may well be next week before I can get a group rounded up, but I am still hoping to be able to do it this week.

Pish posh. My pleasure to help as always

AC doesn't seem to have a lot of life left in it from the looks of things. Noone leads, and noone wants to follow. Its telling that no raid was planned for Sunday.

But yeah i have no problems helping you with whatever if I am free. Look for me :innocent:

AC seems to be working fine to me. I'm assuming that there was no raid on Sunday because of the holiday.

Also, it gets under my skin a bit to see someone that didn't do a whole lot to help the situation out offhandedly remark about how it 'doesn't have much life left in it.'

Please, if you must leave, do so without disparaging remarks. Every person that leaves AC is another setback, but leaving and then remarking in that manner is just rubbing salt in the wounds.

p.s. Huato, try setting a date, both in these forums and in the AC forums. In addition, keep bugging people in the AC and guild channels. All told, you may have to pick up one or two people, but you CAN get it done.

I'm tired of people being quick to blame the community for their failure to round people up, while they don't review their own methods.

Edited by Rhoach

p.s. Huato, try setting a date, both in these forums and in the AC forums. In addition, keep bugging people in the AC and guild channels. All told, you may have to pick up one or two people, but you CAN get it done.

I have posted it over there too...no reponse yet, but I will give it a couple days then bump it. I did set the day and time too...since you're not running AV this Thursday, I figured I would be able to get some help/interest for that day and time.

I am trying over there - I post frequently. I think a lot of the AC has the same problem we do - not many people in our guild/member guilds use the forums. I will spam the AC channel tonight and tomorrow and see if I get much interest there too...for the number of guilds in AC, there should be more people active on the forums...that seems to be the biggest problem that I see. No one can know when things are going on if they don't go to the forums other than what people tell them in game.

AC seems to be working fine to me. I'm assuming that there was no raid on Sunday because of the holiday.

Also, it gets under my skin a bit to see someone that didn't do a whole lot to help the situation out offhandedly remark about how it 'doesn't have much life left in it.'

Please, if you must leave, do so without disparaging remarks. Every person that leaves AC is another setback, but leaving and then remarking in that manner is just rubbing salt in the wounds.

Hmmmm I could have sworn I was posting on the CS forum :innocent:.

Rhoach I did a whooooooole lot to help the situation. You obviously do not understand how much. I worked very hard to make it work, and got very little support from the AC in return. You can ask Muato how much, if you don't believe me.

I have no disparaging comments about CS to make, at all. :yub:

Huato,

If ya need a 5th to fill out, I can get Muru out of the hut fer the event::

I will be on the next 2 nights as Benim:) :yub:

Must be after 9:30 or so.

hehheh- in case people don't remember, Muru is a 60 shammy (not restore, however:()

Edited by muru

Kaer: I'm sorry if I don't know how much you did to help AC, but I meant what I said, and still do. I don't understand some of what you're implying, but I'd rather not discuss it here, as this is Huato's thread, not a debate thread.

/hijack off :devil:

Ok, I am going to have to reschedule for another time...probably sometime next week...got a little too much wife aggro last night and need to smooth the waters a bit :lostit: