EQ2- Please post if you have/will buy the game

Rumblebore

Please post here if you have either bought the game or will buy it, and also your (Main) character name.

I intend to try and create a Dwarf Paladin named Rumblebore, a Wizard named Synerator, or a Kerra (Class?? - Scout? - Priest?) named Khattanji.

There appears to be a 4 character limit ACROSS all servers, meaing, if you have 1 char on 4 servers, you have reached your Maxx, per account. People are already screaming about that one.

The reason I ask this is that in order to start gaining certain benefits, like a place to live, and to form a guild, you MUST be a citizen, and citizen quests appear to be easier to do in a group format, as well as forming a guild needs a full group of 6.

---------------------------------

Known Characters by Server (Mistmoore and Innothule primarily) [as of 11/12/04]

MISTMOORE:

Rumblebore - 7 fighter - due to be a Paladin

Altarial - HE Cleric

Galanor - Barb Warrior

INNOTHULE:

Synerator - Erudite Wizard

People saying they will eventually play:

Sorill - Making Vitr - Server unknown

Nokk - 1-2 Weeks

Fanierne - 2+ Weeks

Celmar - 1-2 Months.

This is the current known list. I know Lord Ser is playing on Mistmoore but I forget the exact name of his char.

barbarian fighter named Galanor on Mistmoor

wood elf priest (with a crowbar of course!) named Teglaen on that first rp server thingie

i suck at targetting in group combat :)

I am getting the game after i get my PC done wich could be aslittle as 3 weeks or as much as 2 months Cya in EQ2 Rummy

PS: Rummy u going to quit EQ1?

PS: Rummy u going to quit EQ1?

No I am not.

I am interested in EQ2 but its similarity to FFXI makes me leery. In that game it became way too much like work to maintain your character, level, gain abilities, etc. People who played FFXI who are trying EQ2 have posted on several boards that same point.

My feel for the game so far is that there are many many quests to do at first, and they set it up so that you have to do certain quests to get the basics (first pieces of armor, XP is MUCH better in quests than combat, getting a house/apartment, Citizenship, learning how to use the game, etc). for example, if you do the tutorial portion (you start on a boat bound for the newbie zone) you are probably level 3 by the time you get off it. Skipping that part means you have to get those levels by other means once you start on the island.

I did make Rumblebore on Mistmoore. He is currently a level 6 fighter, a Citizenof Qeynos, with all the armor pieces the 4 first quests give you, as well as a couple of others I did. He has an apartment and has to pay weekly upkeep on it, meaning I HAVE to be out there earning coin.

So, although I will not be seen in EQ that much these days, while I get used to EQ2, Rumble will be there for announced/scheduled events, like Friday at Draniks Hollows, and Celmars Tuesday Fear Raid.

Okiers EQ2 sounds kinda kewl i like the weekly payments on ur house lol if my toon on eq2 is anything like mine on eq1 he will be homeless lol can u tell us what u can do in ur home like what is the point in getting a home?

PS: Can some one post some Screenys of the EQ2 UI (User Interface) i cant seem to find any on the internet and i want to see soooo bad lol thanks

You get the starting apartment for free and maintenance is only 5 silver per week, so in a couple more levels it should be easy to maintain :)

I think the point of an apartment is just so you can have a space to call your own and maybe show off some of the things you've collected on your adventures (and maybe guild meetings?)

Notes about EQ2:

Do the tutorial – you will be level 3 and have a weapon, some copper, and some items to sell for coppers by the time you get to the newbie zone.

Right-click on your food and water to change the selection to “Eat/Drink when hungry/thirsty”. This allows you to regen mana and health at maximum rate and saves you having to stop and feed yourself.

Sell your items if you wish, but do NOT buy anything. There are too many quests you can do on newbie island (Isle of Refuge) to get equipment to start you off. Depending on your class needs (spells, etc), save the coin – you will put it to better use in Qeynos/Freeport later.

Items tend to follow FFXI-type items. They give AC (or not) but also give plusses to stats. It is therefore in your best interest to research quests that will give you an almost complete kit (fill most every inventory/equipment slot) before leaving for the Cities.

Do all the quests you can – the XP is often better than killing mobs. Many of these quests require killing of mobs, yet the completion of the quest often gives you more overall XP than all the killing you had to do gave you.

Try to stay on Island until level 5-6. It appears 6 is the cap so once you get there, be prepared to head to Qeynos/Freeport.

I have read it is possible to create an instanced zone of the entire island, for you alone. Or else for fewer players to have to interact with. I am checking on that to confirm it when I get home tonight.

The final quests per class require a group. Some quests that are optional require you to kill tough mobs – maybe 2-3 people needed for the killing of mobs.

Tradeskilling is quested at first to show you how to do it. Whenever you “gather” items (a skill you have at level 1 I believe) the items tend to be NO VALUE, meaning unsellable. You can run out of bank slots real quick.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once you go to the city (Qeynos or Freeport):

The first NPC you need to talk to will ask if you are an Adventurer or an Artisan. In this way you can choose if that character becomes dedicated to either path. I do not yet know what restrictions this may place on you or benefits are given for going one way or the other.

Find your house, do ALL the quests they make you do, which should (as it did in Qeynos) open up the quest for citizenship. Finding the House/apartment will require you “rent” the place, and be ready to pay upkeep on it weekly. So, this is one reason to have coin saved from the Isle of Refuge. You may have enough to be covered for your first week, depending on your playing style.

Once the Citizenship quest opens to you, you will have to do some task. Go do it. Once done, you will have to apply for citizenship. In Qeynos, for Fighters, this led to an Instanced zone (very small – like a cellar) where you talk to someone and he asks you questions. How you answer these questions will determine how you MUST follow through. I had to question and if necessary, dispatch certain traitors. Since I was planning on being a Paladin, I chose the Just response (I didn’t just say – keel the fools. I said – question them, find the TRUE traitors, give them options, and if they resist, THEN kill em). Once done, I got many items, including a ring of citizen ship with several stats on it.

As in FFXI, the many quests possible will net you items, coin and furniture for your apartment. This will remain true through all the levels I believe.

There will ALWAYS be ways to make coin. About coins: 100 Copper = 1 Silver. 100 Silver = 1 Gold. 100 Gold = 1 Platinum. The initial quests mainly give you copper. The quests I have seen that give Silver tend to start around level 8, with a few that start at level 6. Based on that - assume the quests will follow that gaining gold from quests will start around level 16-20+, plat from maybe 25-30+:). But the markets I find are mostly selling in the copper and low silvers. So right now, I am seeing balance.

Poverty need not be an issue. The whole Guild system allows sharing and even earing status points that open other quests and opportunities.

More later.

EQ2 should be waiting for me when I get home from AZ tomorrow night. I probably won't be able to do more than install it and download the patches until Sunday night.

I will be making a Dwarf fighter called Vitr. He will be a Guardian or a Berserker when he grows up. He will be a citizen of Qeynos. He will learn a tradeskill. We, as a guild, would be wise to get started early on trade skills. Vitr, as a dwarf, should be a smith. I haven't decided if he will be a weaponsmith or an Armorer.

I will be making a Dark Elf Ranger someday (Freeport betrayal and all that), but I will concentrate on one character for a while. I am kind of embarrased that I have been playing EQlive since April 1999 and I don't have any characters that are max level.

:)

Sage Advice:

If you have a machine with only the bare minimum 512 RAM, you will hate the game. I only have 512 RAM and cannot raise it without getting a whole new system.

I bought a Sony machine, pre-packaged, and have only upgraded my video card.

However, the lagg in zones with only 26 people was bad. Now every zone has at least 50 people, and last night my attempts to return to my home zone required 4 attempts, twice being kicked to character screen. while watching and waiting, the load scrren showed it was trying to populate the zone with "entities", which I associate with Player characters. Then the load is for entites accessories (I think that was the term). The total time from trying to leave 1 zone to getting into my home zone was 35 minutes. Each attempt, the number of entities increased from 112 to 143.

The lagg effects are horrible with my system. I have to remain solo in any combat because I cannot react decently to hold up my end of things in a group.

Needless to say, I am looking for a new system, but time and money, and needing a new car take priority. =((

Still, what I am doing shows you can do quests to gain XP and coin and items, without having to kill to level.

I STRONGLY recommend having up to the recommended RAM (1 Gig) as well as all the other recommended system criteria in order to be able to enjoy this game at it's best.

Kageto was telling me that the lag problem is only with Mistmoore server. He said that the Mistmoore server has way more people than the other servers and that is the cause for the instability. He has like 2k ram, cable internet and really high graphics card (he has one of those super fancy Alienware computers) yet he still kept getting booted out of the Mistmoore server. He had to switch to another server to play. I dunno if this means we should reconsider Mistmoore server, or if we should just wait it out and stability will get better.

On a side note, Fanierne told me last night that he intends to play EQ2, but not for a week or 2. He was wondering if there is a chat channel to join while in EQ2, so you call can get your community going. Since I haven't started EQ2 yet I don't even know if there are channels to join. So, if you can, please try to find this info out for me so I can try to relay it back to Fanierne!

Kageto was telling me that the lag problem is only with Mistmoore server.  He said that the Mistmoore server has way more people than the other servers and that is the cause for the instability.  He has like 2k ram, cable internet and really high graphics card (he has one of those super fancy Alienware computers) yet he still kept getting booted out of the Mistmoore server.  He had to switch to another server to play.  I dunno if this means we should reconsider Mistmoore server, or if we should just wait it out and stability will get better.

That does make sense - it IS overpopulated IMO.

I am very inclined to head to Innothule server and start Synerator there to see if I get better response.

If we go to ANY other server, I think that is probably the best one, since it does suit the After-H criteria.

Thanks for the idea - I hope this improves things.

Im getting 1024ram with a adm athlon 1.7 processer and a geforce fx 5700 256mb video card do you think with this hardware i could run eq2 pretty smooth??

I made a new character last night at about midnight central time and it stated that Mistmoore, Antonia Bayle, and a couple of other servers (I think including Innothule) were "full". I ended up making it on Lucan DLere (which was at the low end of the medium population list).

Evil,

When you get to the cities, that will change. I had hardly any lag on the Isle.

Now that I can kill out in the huge Antonica zone, which consistently has over 100 people, there is NO lagg issues.

Imagine how big West Karana is.

Now, in game terms, Antonica may be as big as 4 of those zones. And Antonica is an Instanced zone too. That means they can have multiple instances of that zone going.

No i don't think i will play EQ2. I am getting bored with eq as it is and don't play much. I wouldn't have time to start a new game for a few years. I may be moving soon so may not be play eq at all after that. But we will see i have said i wasn't going to play befor and as you can see I still do. But still no chance of me getting eq2 to run on my pc and i'm not going to but a new pc just to play a game. ;)

Physician

Since I got my account back, there will be no EQ2 for this cleric for a while. My account expires sometime in January, so I will decide then whether to move on or to stay depending on what the guild is doing then. If most of the guild is playing EQ2 by then, then I will switch, if not then I'll stay. ;)

you got your account back? Sweet Alt Grats =) what happened? did you figure out who what when how?

Anyway, back to topic... I will be purchasing eq 2 (most likely) I know I swore up and down to rummy i would not but I read more and more about it and I think it sounds cool.... Anyway I will keep synth and torzam active in eq1 as well I will just upgrade to an all access pass as that will only make the bill go up 8 bucks a monh..... So What is the Official ML server? please dont say Mistmoore if your having that much trouble with it....

If I make characters 1 will defenitely be a necro and another will be a Monk Most defenitely a monk because monks freaking Rock in EQ1 so I gotta try it out in 2... Will update names later. Getting bored with EQ1 I have pretty much done everythng you can do in the game and its just not challenging anymore....

The official ML server is Mistmoore. Another reason why I'm holding out playing EQ2 is so that the servers will even out (hopefully) and bugs will be worked out. But I still love EQ1 and am having a lot of fun exploring the new places. Plus now I gotta get all my gear back that was stolen, get to lvl 70, max all my stats, etc hehe.

Mistmoore has the most downtime of all the original servers. They are asking people to move off of it.

I used one of my precious 4 character slots to create a DE mage on a different server because my play schedule is not flexible and I refuse to sit around and wait for Mistmoore to recover from a crash.

Vitr is a level 9 fighter and a level 5 artisan. I was truly amazed when he died at the forge Monday night. I was not quick enough clicking on the correct tradeskill skill and I took 100+ points of fire damage. I had missed several other skills and the last one killed me. I lost all my current components and didn't get any artisan exp for the combine. ;)

Archived