GUILD HOTSPOT

Borg

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

One of the greatest things I enjoyed about Ultima Online was the gathering together with fellow guildmembers in a hotspot within the game. If we were not hanging out at the Trinsic North Bank (which was built actually FOR PGoH after the successful work we did on quests in 1997 and 1998).....we would travel by recall or gate to a traditional Hotspot which we would literally have members 24/7.

Membership ranged all the way around the clock in times of play availability and in a way now we seem to "wait" more times for groups to be able to get together on xyz day at abc time.....I say JUST GO....HAVE FUN WHENEVER.....and over time we will start to again have a HOTSPOT.....which comes the closest to being a place that people think.....PGoH will be there....they always are.

We have great areas we have built.........OLYMPUS, NOVITUS SANCTUM.....once Safe Haven (now gone).....we no longer seem to use Trinsic North Bank.....and with the Moongate changes I can understand the ease of usage that Skara Brae takes on....understandable.

Olympus I have seen is used frequently to see if others are about......that is great to see (yes I sit my computer idle and write or design and watch who comes and goes.....great to see you all adventuring together.

I just think we need to get back to one part about UO that in a way is being used by many for Loot reasons......but we could also use it for that AND adventure, learning tactics of the place and each other AS WELL AS making new friends and/or grouping friends for harder places and/or events that WILL BE COMING.

The other night.......I admittedly was proud to see literally 12 PGoH coming out of a gate together in Skara and plowing thru areas (lil easy I must say) but still......I recalled the Coventous Torture Rooms that Balandar and I opened for the whole realm of Catskills and UO.

(yup.....Bal was the one who solved the puzzle first and got those doors OPEN....mind you I had to go down the stairs first.....mr Magey didnt want to die hehehe.....I am a pro at that and he leaves that work to the professionals heheh)

Utilizing the places we hung out all the time we could do anything......

SO many of you ask for stories and lore.......the gallery on the UO section of this website has some great old pictures and renderings.....most newer images are built into the STORYLINE stuff now......but you should check out the Pictures etc on the site.....

SO anyhow.........enough ramlbing on of an old soul like me.....

VOTE for a HOTSPOT........lets make it our home away from home ingame.

(previous years choices are listed)

as you can see we have NOT had a hotspot for years.........time to change that.

AFTER YOU VOTE

MEMBERS REPLY to this THREAD........So I can then count only UO member votes in this lil poll.

Well it wouldn't let me vote but I'm usually at 1 of 4 places usually with my tamer tho

Poison Eles in Shame

Bloods in Sorceror's Dungeon

Dragons in Covetous

Daemon room in Hyloth

I voted for doom...

No. 1...It has a challenge for any party.

No.2...Has rooms were you can solo, if noone else is on

No.3...Alot of diff chars can particpate there (eg..warrior, mage, thief)

No.4...quests

And all of this is without crossing the ferry, party gets big enough take a few and shoot across....

I have to say that for me Deceit has and probably will always be my favorite locale. Bone walls and lich killing. I used to love being in deceit with LL's (when they used to lay groups low) and watching for murderes coming through to disrupt. If that could be recaptured, I'd hang out there every night. Sadly now, the odd time I enter the world, I go to Fel Deceit and it's just me and the undead and you won't see another living soul for hours.

:yub: Doom, sure why not as long as we can have a few tours of the place with a big group. Takes time to learn what works and what doesn't in there, as with anywhere. :cry:

• 2 weeks later...