Council of HONOR Meeting

This weekend's meeting will be my last for the foreseeable future.

I wish to go out as I came in and as how I worked during my time here.  We prepare the way for those whom follow us; our actions equal our legacy.

The Senate (Council of Honor) has lain dormate for far to long. This weekend instead of our normally scheduled meeting, we shall call the senate to order. The last several weeks have been a time of change and instability. But through this change measures are being formed that will reinvigorate the empire and provide for its long-term focus. But, there are different ideas as to how these changes should be carried out as well as even what ideas have merit. These different ideas have threatened to rip the empire’s membership apart. This meeting will allow an opportunity for all to speak their mind on these issues and for the members of the senate to vote their conscience.  It will be held at Olympus at 7:00 In the room above our normal meeting room. I ask all whom are available to attend to watch and comment (as appropriate).

Also, this Senate meeting will be lead and structured using a parlimetary method. To further detail this will not be a mob of text so that no constructive work is accomplished. The “Chair” will recognize each that wish to speak. They will put forth their argument, and then the next whom wishes to be recognized will speak. I recommend that all arguments be put forth in a logical manner. This is a perfect time to promote part of what this guild was built for. Role-play. Once all have had there say the “Measure” will be voted upon and a new “Measure” brought forward.

The rank and file membership whom wishes to be will also be recognized in turn and be able to speak. This is your opportunity to tell the members of senate (leaders) how you feel on a subject. I urge the members of the senate to listen to their comments for wisdom. Only “measures” that are in accordance with the citizens of the empires personalities can work. A “measure” can be implemented but if the majority does not support it is doomed to failure.

I also humbly request that I be allowed to chair this meeting. I do this as I said to “prepare the way for those whom follow me”. And to be quite blunt, I am leaving.  I have no unseen bids for power as it would be pointless. I have no biases, as the changes inacted will not affect me for what may be a long, long, time. I have no “voting” power. And last but not least, I have no fear of offense because I can say what needs said without fear of consequences.  I simply wish to see this initial meeting of the senate to be handled in a way that it will be most efficient. I also hope this will be a way for the Empire to work on these issues that have created so much dissention over the past few weeks and to deal with future issues.

The following senators (Honor council members) are formally called to action. If a senator for any reason can not appear he or she is allowed to select an alternate. In some instances Senators positions are filled with a body whom is “inactive”. I have selected a member whom is an expert in that field to fill the post. This replacement is for this meeting and this meeting only.  I have not made a substitution for the Magistrate offices as I consider that sacrilege.

The Council of Honor is comprised of the Emperor, Magister Officarium, Magistrate Quaestor Palatii, Magistrate Praipositus Sacri, Senator of War, Senator of Arcane, Senator of Genesis, Senator of Trades (Charsi), Senator of Espionage (Elleroth), Head of State, and Praetorian Prefect

All of these measures have been either what has brought conflict recently, or queries of the past that were spoke of needing Senate “approval”.  I am just the one posting them.  Please feel free to post any comments or additions to the “Measures” list for review by the senate.

Measures for vote:

(a) The formation of a “Tradeday event” The Senator of Hera and Trade to lead. These members are authorized by the Senate to use the full resources of the Empire to promote and manufacture items needed to facilitate this “event”. In order to facilitate the gathering of aforementioned resources they are also authorized to promote and organize  smaller events to gather material for the “Trade day event”

(b) The empire has been requested to become part of a “alliance” of guilds. The empire has taken steps to enter into this organization but is now formally asking the senate for its approval of this action. If the senate determines that the membership of PGoH within this organization is not to the Empires advantage than the Empire shall vacate its current position.

© The SOW has formally requested the formation, under his authority, of an “Red” squad to handle the threats currently present in Felucca. This measure asks the senate for approval in this action. This squad will be made up of “Volunteers” whom wish to pursue this avenue of play, and members will not hold any special titles. No members of the cohorts can be “ordered” to participate in this squad. All actions of this “Squad” will be within standards set forth by the Codex.

(d) During a period of absence by the emperor members whom have become “inactive” may hold important positions of “senate”. This measure is to authorize the senate in these times to vote and promote a qualified individual to fill that role.

(e) The formation of a “Tournament Night”. This measure authorizes the senate to use the resources of the guild to plan and organize the formation of an annual Tourney. This measure also allows the senate to authorize a qualified individual within PGoH to supervise and promote this event.

(f) The current (and soon to be former) Decurion has requested the approval of the Senate in the “guidelines for promotion”.

Amendments (voted seperatly as a addition to a approved measure)

Amendment A to “measure” C

The SOW is authorized to use the resources of the guild to assist in outfitting the members of the anti- pk squad. The SOW is also authorized to promote and plan events to gather resources (i.e. raw material, gold) to assist in outfitting his “squad members”

Amendment A to “measure” E

This amendment authorizes the senate or at the will of the senate the “authorized qualified individual” to use guild resources and materials to be used in organizing this event up to and including the rewards for winning.

The SOW has formally requested the formation, under his authority, of an “Red” squad to handle the threats currently present in Felucca. This measure asks the senate for approval in this action. This squad will be made up of “Volunteers” whom wish to pursue this avenue of play, and members will not hold any special titles. No members of the cohorts can be “ordered” to participate in this squad. All actions of this “Squad” will be within standards set forth by the Codex

The Praetorian Guard are and were designed by Borg to accomplish two tasks.

1.  Enforce the codex within the guild.

2.  Be responsible for anti-pk measures.

I believe it is item #2 on this list covers your anti-pk group you wish to assemble.  The only problem here is that for about 15 months now nobody at all has wanted to do this and that is why there is just a handful of PG.  If that has changed then let me know and I'll see to it some people are placed within the PG.  Please note that while being an anti-pk is one of the functions of the PG those joining the ranks will also be held accountable for ensuring that the codex is followed.  Something which all members should be mindful of but even more so with the Praetorian.

I am curious. Would I be allowed to observe this meeting under the condition I do not speak or otherwise disturb the council?

Yes Kodoz you could. Also, for your information. There will be a public "discussion" part...but you must wait until reconized by the chair. Your comments can and will probably have influence on the councils vote. I ask for all members to attend.

I'll do my best at the near impossible task of holding my tongue. But i would like to see all the points of view. One cannot satisfactorily come to a decision without hearing the story from all perspectives.

Will alll due respect ill be there for the meeting, but i do have another function to attend at 8pm a good friends uo wedding and i had already stated i would be there....... so i will stay until the wedding them come back after the vows are spoken

lora

Martok, that is a brilliant Idea!

I believe Ultima Online has a built in chatroom feature, which allows you to create a room and assign a password to it, so that only invited members may join.

I would be absolutely thrilled if we could use this feature to conduct our weekly meetings. What does everyone think about this?

I would be absolutely thrilled if we could use this feature to conduct our weekly meetings. What does everyone think about this?

As Martok stated we have tried it all and mIRC works the best (even uo chatroom is the same as mIRC).  With in game meetings people cant hear.  Text covers text.  It just gets plain old messy.  With mIRC someone can be assigned as channel moderator and assign speaking privilages to anyone that is given the floor.  That way things don't digress or get confused.

In my humble opinion it is the only way to have an effective meeting of this sort.

Then again if we can't get people to set up a simple account with PGoH.org to get them on the roster how on Earth are we going to get people to configure mIRC correctly?!?!?!?!?

mIRC was the first suggestion on how to handle this meeting.

I believe that mIRC would be the best way to handle. But, I had hoped to make this a in game "event" to add another dimension (re-add since this was done in the past but no longer) and to be able to add another RP element "Guild Goverment"

My concern was obviously the same as yours (blocked text, confusion). We will attempt once more but using strict procedure, similiar to RL parliment standards (I.e one only talks when reconized).

Of course even the best laid plans...err ummm...

Also I have been notified of some changes required to the previously announced vote. This involves voting members.

The following list is the revised standard. I apoligize for the earlier incorrect list.

Rand

Lora

Avi

Wolf

In the event of tie the chair will cast deciding vote.

I will participate as a voting member at the request of others, as my position within the guild is outside of traditional guild structure and voting rights.  Also because we have a few vacancies right now  :D

No can do.  Would be a major conflict of interest as I must uphold the codex.  I cant be mixing politics with policing :D

Perhaps another Ancient will be at the meeting who will be able to sit in your stead this one time.

I am working on fixing it so I will be present to observe this meeting.  If I am not Prom will be there in my stead to ensure that the basic guild principles and codex are not disregarded.

Wolf, you dissapoint me!  Outside the traditional role?  BLAH!  You are a magistrate as well as ancient!  *laughs*

Remember the codex:

Paragraph ii

Magistrates are appointed by the Emperor and act as chief advisors to the Emperor and serve in his stead during absence. Magistrates are experts within their area of expertise and hold a vast experience over Imperial matters. Magistrates coordinate with Senators on the procurement of acquisitions and interest within the Empire.

I will also be in attendance.  

See you then!

I have discussed my rl issues with ser bb and we have decided since i work tonight i cannot attend the meeting but i shall be back to the guild and able to fulfill my duties starting monday.