PvP Honor values

Kailand

Hi,

I found this while browsing the forums. It's interesting in the fact that scorched earth defence, and capping all graveyards does lead to better honor as it is supposed to. so next time you are in AV and people don't D galv or cap SF/SH, let them know they are missing out on some nice bonus honor.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...77767&sid=1

Yup, "Rush the AS flag everyone!" seems to be our battlecry. With 2.4 though, I have noticed my win ratio in PUG AV about 50% now because of the increased defense. Much better than the PUG ratio I used to see.

Yup, "Rush the AS flag everyone!" seems to be our battlecry. With 2.4 though, I have noticed my win ratio in PUG AV about 50% now because of the increased defense. Much better than the PUG ratio I used to see.

Last night my hunter was in two AV games before bed: one was a disastrous Alliance turtle (74 to 0...what the eff), but the other totally made up for it: a 582 to 0 Horde victory with well over 500 bonus honor.

Thank goodness Horde have learned to adapt to the changes (for the most part). IB chokepoint FTW.

Interesting but you still have to factor in how long the AV takes to get said bonus honor. Fast loss with with some bonus( Bal, SH and north) beats a slow loss with all bonus honor anyday.

Honor per hour FTW.

Interesting but you still have to factor in how long the AV takes to get said bonus honor. Fast loss with with some bonus( Bal, SH and north) beats a slow loss with all bonus honor anyday.

Honor per hour FTW.

Actually, the fallacy of a "fast loss" is what got us to having a sub-10% win record before the changes. It actually is not the case unless it's a total-turtle win vs. a really rapid loss with a few objectives (which rarely happens, even pre-2.4). The true "best honour per hour" is close wins or close losses, with an optimal game time of 17mins, give or take 3-4mins. What usually happens with the "fast loss" mindset is that Horde puts up no defence, including at the objectives they manage to tap flags at, and subsequently lose ALL of those objectives with the rare exception of one tower....which bluntly leads to craptastic-to-no bonus honour and a "thanks for playing" token (not to mention an even slower loss, as we end up rezzing at the relief hut).

In essence, THE CAKE IS A LIE. Do not believe the BS about "best honour per hour is a fast loss" in any sense. Someone started spreading that lie pre-2.4 and, given the herd mentality on Horde these days, it's been a ###### to break them of it ever since.

Honor per hour FTW.

The way AV is now a slow win will beat a fast loss, hell, a slow loss where we capture objectives beats a fast lost for honor per hour, especially if you consider queue times, etc. And horde could barely win races pre 2.4 (with luck and some D to slow alliance down) but with 2.4 we are gauranteed a loss in a race match. The most fun way of winning is to defend IBGY from the initial ally rush, cap SF and SH, then start on bal/towers. after that defend the SHGY choke point and push for the bunkers with stealthers, and SP/SPAS with the O. following this strat you end up with around 500 bonus honor, plus ungodly honor from HKs. This was also the strategy horde in other battlegroups were using to farm AV pre 2.4 where alliance premades in full season 3/t6 were getting torn apart by horde pugs in greens and blues (except they would capture SH and use that choke point from the start of the match), and was the reason for moving the horde cave back.

A fast loss means that you aren't killing anything and aren't taken objectives, and with alliance starting to defend bal, we don't even have that 'fall back' bonus honor. It was also the reason why even WSG was giving more honor per hour than AV before the patch.

I'm also with scryll, I like to win, but I also like to crush the alliance at the same time, as well as getting maximum honor and minimizing theirs.

Edited by Kailand

sadly 9/10 of the last bgs i have been in have3 been about losing an deathmatching not sure whats going on this weekend but its total mental midget world out there.. should cut an paste that link for them so they can get a clue on how to fight, an or what really gives you what..

sadly 9/10 of the last bgs i have been in have3 been about losing an deathmatching not sure whats going on this weekend but its total mental midget world out there.. should cut an paste that link for them so they can get a clue on how to fight, an or what really gives you what..

Only thing I can think of is the SSO dailies...Alliance was actually winning this weekend which is very unusual on anything BUT AV.