New Star Wars MMO

Syban

There have been some popular rumors rumbling about that there will be a new Star Wars MMO announced or released in 2009. Though I must stress these are only rumors and I have only seen 'viral' info on this matter if there is a new MMO coming our way I will be making a venture into the new game. That being said if there is at that time an interest in starting a new ITC I will be happy to be part of it.

Once again I must stress I've only seen rumors and hype about this possibility. I've heard and seen from both camps that Bioware may be involved and may not be involved and I've read that other developers may be involved as well. But the one thing I can consistently find on the matter is that there will be some sort of new Star Wars MMO announcement or release in 2009, (To coincide with the TV show) that being said I will be there... will you?

That link you got pretty much nutshells everything I was able to find on the subject. The only other tid-bits I was able to gleen from other rumor posts on the subject is IPs (Intellectual Properties) that run games like MMO's usually sign three year deals... that being said the SOE/Lucasarts contract should run dry on 2009 or there abouts.

I can only stress that what I've found like the link you got is just rumors at the moment. I know it's pretty hard and fast that some sort of Star Wars MMO is set to be released in 2009, but with all the rumor drain I've had with SWG I'm a natural born pessimist about a Star Wars MMO anymore.

To add another opinion of mine, I have to say Bioware has usually been a strait shooter when it comes to news about games they're developing. That being said, with info coming from them that they're not involved in the new MMO pretty much seals the deal for me about them not being involved in the project. I think allot of this hype/hope that they're working on this MMO comes from the fact they opened that unknown MMO project down in Austin and harvested a bunch of people from the SWG teams.

I can only hope they're doing a smoke and mirrors in relation to that, I would be giddy to see them work on a Star Wars MMO of any shape or caliber.

if you look back on bioware forums you can find their response to the hype surrounding the possible sw mmo, it was a tongue-in-cheek response, basically it said "well there are a lot of rumors going around and we just cannot comment at this time on the nature of the untitled mmorpg :wink wink: " But only time, or well placed spies, will tell

hehehe

Bioware could be the "parent" company that oversees from a distance the formation and operations of this "new" company...without having any connections.

Gaming companies are skilled at diversions and misdirects....the more rumor the more interest....fuel the fires is normal.

For those of us not yet drained about rumors, here is a long post on MMORPG.com about Bioware being involved in a Star Wars MMO.

Linkage Again

If any of this stuff is true... wow, over 50 million to develop? The last time any MMO had that much money just for development it turned into one of the biggest (If not the biggest.) MMO in history. (Read WoW.)

hey Kiiri here if there really is another star wars MMO in the making u can be damn sure i'll be there to start up ITC agian. been so desperate for a star wars MMO i almost reactivated my old SWG account. Well im gonna go do some research on these rumors and see what i can find

linky I found this here confirming that Bioware must be working on some sort of Star wars game unless there was no press conference and it's just another rumor

• 1 month later...

Epit here, long time guys,

If there is a new star wars mmo, you can count me in. I miss the old day, hanging out with you guys, so i'll hope these rumors are true.

Archived