Collecting Darkmoon Cards

Rhoach

Right now, I am seeking cards from the blessings deck and the storms deck. If anyone comes across one and doesn't know what to do with it, I'll gladly take them off of your hands. If anyone desires any cards from the other decks, be sure to let me know and I'll send them your way. Thankya! :yahoo:

p.s. The storms deck adds crit chance every time you hit, and the blessings deck adds attack power every time you hit.

Why do you want the Furies card? For Slythe? Because Wrath isn't going to be particularly useful for Rhoach. Even ignoring the extra crit you've got with backstabbing etc, you're base crit chance is too high to derive much advantage from the card.

What he means is that with your crit rate you might get it to stack only a few times before you crit, reseting the chance to crit the trinket gives you back down to 0. you would probably be better off with a static crit chance trinket.

i.e. From armory you have a %28.64 crit chance. The wrath trinket provides a +17 crit rating for every non-crit strike until a crit strike lands (which only applies to the next hit, not the current hit). This means that for the first hit you have +0, the second +17, the third +34, the fourth +51, and so on, and also that you need to on average not crit for atleast 4 hits for the wrath trinket to be better than your current trinkets. Unfortunately your crit chance means that on average you will only get 2-3 non crit strikes in a row, meaning that the trinket provide you with an average effective crit rating of +17 to +25.5.

e.g. for 25% crit chance - the way the ratings would stack up on average: +0, +17, +34, +51 and *Crit*, +0, +17, +24, +51 and *Crit*, .... which implies a +25.5 average crit rating bonus

If your crit chance was below 15% or so, then wrath would be better, above that, get one of the static crit rating trinkets, such as what you already have.

What Kailand said. Because it resets after every crit, it's Effective +Crit Rating for people who have high crit is much lower than it would appear. It'll certainly be lower than for Bladefist's Breadth or the Hourglass.

Ah, I gotcha. Well, I guess I like the idea of getting a guaranteed crit eventually, specially since I'm beginning to see resilience-stacking a-holes in the arena ;) A mage with molten armor on (-5% chance for me to crit em) with a boatload of resilience (let's say another -5%) takes me down to a mere 18% crit chance. So, I think I'll still go for this deck and see how it serves me, if I ever manage to collect the cards :p

Although, I think I will make the blessings deck my first priority.

Edited by Rhoach

Honestly, I think Rhoach is correct here. From a pure PvE standpoint, the Hourglass or Bladefist's Breadth are superiour for anyone who already has a high crit rating and even some with lower crit ratings. In PvP, however, I'd tenatively say that the Storms deck would be more beneficial for the reason he mentioned: resilience stacking is becoming common and is effectively reducing his crit chance already, making the strings of non-crits longer and consequently makes the deck more "powerful" than a straight crit increase. If the average resilience encountered in Arena matches reduces his effective crit rating by more than 9-13, I'd say this is better than at least Bladefist's (disclaimer: napkin math here...I can do the full math if desired). I'd have to do real math for the Hourglass, so I won't make that evaluation quite yet.

The benefits are obvious for anyone with low-crit (non-arcane frost mages, dest-locks, etc), so I won't go into that.