Frosty is good

Oriahtundra

Heh.. spellsteal will be fixed - because you are right - stacking that 6times isnt exactly working as intended... but we have already been nerfed. Hell I know many mages who have be shelved because of it.

but hte video was sick =p

Hell I know many mages who have be shelved because of it.

Yep, I'm one of those mages. I didn't believe the forum whining before about how badly mages took it at 70, but after seeing how little our damage and abilities scaled, I'm now inclined to agree....yet, we all know they'll come at us with the nerf bat yet again (if the changes get implemented in the other thread, it's likely we'll start losing frequently against the one class we always dominated). Toss in the reduction of benefit from +dmg if we took cast-time reduction talents...yeah, thanks. I think it was best summed up by an old foe of mine when he said "What's our role now?".

I haven't seen the video, but I will say this about spellsteal: it's fun, but it's pigeon-holed mages even further into a "gimmick class" role. Spellsteal is the "need AoE for core hound packs" of BC, akin to tranq shot for hunters or the Suppression Room in BWL for rogues....e.g. a gimmick that forces you to bring a token person from that class.

Honestly, aside from polymorph, spellsteal, or refreshments, why are mages even needed at this point? Warlocks do equivalent or greater damage and seduction is nearly as good as polymorph. They also have the potential for much deeper mana pools and twice the survivability. Hunter traps are also pretty viable for crowd control and even moreso if the hunter is deep in survival.

*shrugs* I guess I'm a bit disgruntled that Blizzard gave us a neat spell and a few "need spellsteal for this fight" while continually bonking us in the head with the bat. I looked at my list of old mage friends the other day and realised that I hadn't seen one of them log on their mage much since hitting 70...most were playing alts.