Got this email, seems kinda fishy. But i may be paranoid

Oriahtundra

True and i just found out alot of other people are having the same problem on getting it install. They had to save there interface folder, WTF folder, delete wow off there pc, install it back on, update it to 1.12, then install the beta, get that up and running with the patch's as well. Then thay had to switch over to wow and get the 2.0 patch.

True and i just found out alot of other people are having the same problem on getting it install. They had to save there interface folder, WTF folder, delete wow off there pc, install it back on, update it to 1.12, then install the beta, get that up and running with the patch's as well. Then thay had to switch over to wow and get the 2.0 patch.

that is what i've done and its not as bad you think it is. and i'v read thats there also a problem with transfering your character to the beta server also. when you patch you orginal WOW there's only 2 patches to d/l each one is about 20 minutes to d/l plus install first patch to get you to 1.12 and the second to get you 2.0.1. hell the patches you had to d/l for beta was worse then the 2 patches for WOW.

I suspected antics of the sort would be involved. 's why I haven't moved on the offer yet even after being told it's legit. I could take the reinstallation, patching, etc., but I seem to have misplaced my authentication key. I'm not touching a thing if I don't know I can uninstall and reinstall back to my current state.

after having replaced my WOW twice now..if your talking about your original WOW you don't have to have the authentication key..but for your beta invite you do have to have the invite key though.

Edited by Shalaan

after having replaced my WOW twice now..if your talking about your original WOW you don't have to have the authentication key..but for your beta invite you do have to have the invite key though.

::looks at you suspiciously:: I'm quite certain I remember that in times past, when I've had to reinstall the game, I've needed to input the authentication key again.

I got an invite as well, but I doubt I'll be trying it. I've still got a bit too much going on in the pre-BC game and am content with just waiting until it's released. Having been part of many, many closed betas in my time, I know all about the bug-hell that usually comes with them.

From the sound of it, they're doing an install of the beta client into the same directory structure? Ugh, recipe for disaster...the one thing I liked about Sony's test/beta system: it installed to a completely different directory and registry area. It took longer to get installed (since you were installing a completely new copy), but it never interfered with anything from the current live installation.

::looks at you suspiciously:: I'm quite certain I remember that in times past, when I've had to reinstall the game, I've needed to input the authentication key again.

Nope i never once put my key in. and i think its becuase i have a WOW account. because if you didn't know that can only be registered once,and its registered to your account, so as long as you have a WOW account you don't have to register your game. or something to that EFFECT LOL. but seriously i have removed my original WOW and reinstalled it and never once put my authentication key back in. just put my account information on and got back on

There is apparently a somewhat quicker work-around than the efforts listed here. Rename your current WoW folder *because the 2.0 patch changed some configuration file and the base beta download won't work with it* and install a second, fresh copy of WoW on the comp. You don't need to patch it at all. Then run the 1.9gb installer that you can download from Blizz with their crappy downloader. It should install without problems in your new WoW folder. Once it's installed, you've got ~10 patches to install in sequence. All but the first were in the 15-30MB range, installing them took longer than downloading them for me. Took me about 2.5 hours from finishing the download for the installer to getting it working. I tend to doubt I'm going to spend much time with it though.

BACK FROM THE DEAD ------

So i got this email from blizzard that states.....

"We discovered an issue with a recent version of the Burning Crusade installer. If you have been experiencing issues downloading and installing the Burning Crusade beta in recent weeks, please visit the expansion page and re-download the client." :gold:

and gives the link for the installer....figures now that i went through all that trouble to install the damn thing they come out if a fix for it. :):)

Edited by Shalaan