Recommended Mod

Maube

There is a mod out there that I recommend for ANY tank - and any DPSer that is known to pull aggro with a few well placed Crits - This mod is not required but is VERY helpful in boss fights ESPECIALLY Onyxia where someone other then the Main Tank pulls aggro and you can wipe half the raid if not the whole.

KLHThreatMeter

It has been helping me lately in Ony telling the warlocks when to lay off before they pull her attention =p

Just another useful mod to make the raid leader and the MT's job a little easier

Its about controlled chaos! We know that not everyone can handle them all loaded, but you can have them all at your disposal! Turn off the impertinent ones when you're not using them! KLH can stay off unless we're going to a big-boss land!

Just an idea...

Baracko, your lootwhorin Warmonger

I've used it here and there and it's VERY handy for just about any class, provided enough people use it. For DPS classes, it helps you determine when you're skating dangerously close to generating more hate than the tank(s)....and for healers, it helps you figure out your healing threat so you can (sometimes) fade before getting stomped on. Like CTRA, however, this does generate some synch traffic, so it may cause some lag.

Also, using this does not mean you can ignore the "dps on" call because you won't generate enough threat to worry about taking aggro. Threat generation is a closed system that is not exposed to the end-users, so this mod only estimates threat based upon observation. It's ultimately the tanks' and raid leaders' jobs, not the mod, to determine when to start dps and how much to do. This becomes especially important in aggro-sensitive fights and bosses that are immune to taunt...both of which we will be seeing in BWL. In those cases, if you pull aggro, you die and usually take many people with you, since the tank can't just taunt them to get them back.

Edited by Waldonnis

Its about controlled chaos! We know that not everyone can handle them all loaded, but you can have them all at your disposal! Turn off the impertinent ones when you're not using them! KLH can stay off unless we're going to a big-boss land!

Just an idea...

Baracko, your lootwhorin Warmonger

Baracko's quite right. I load KLH up when prepping for Onyxia, and turn if off when we're done. Never use it any other time so it doesn't take up my precious cycles. There are times I'd like to use it in the Core, too, but I don't have the cycles for it then, and so it stays off.