ZG Tonight (17 August 06)

Jeroabem/Sabrianica

In case I am not home in time to start the invites at 8pm, I am asking Relikk or Taurgren to start inviting people from the roster and getting the groups set up. I will be there in time for the first pull, and I will be bringing a Repair Bot with me to make sure we can keep rolling. Someone inform Halamesh that he needs Feral and Healing gear tonight - bear may end up tanking.

Next week's run will give priority to the people who show up this week and stay from start to finish, real life being the exception. We had a really good group show up and clomp that place good, now with a little pre-planning and effort, we can own those trolls and plant our banner atop Hakkar's Altar!

Note: PLEASE try to get two Priests - we had none sign up. With two more priests and Crikrunner we can seriously plan on visiting Hakkar tonight - of that I have no doubts. ALSO - read the following blurb about Panther Aspect - which is the hardest of ALL the aspects to down. We down her, Hakkar is soon to follow.

If we had another Warlock or another Mage, we could attempt the frost nova + AoE down the panthers, but we don't, so we will roll with this suggestion I found while trolling for Arlokk tactics.

Now... it's more interesting. We position all mana users near the gong, all melee are on her, burning her down.

Mages AOE only if a mage gets marked. If a pally gets marked (probably the same with Shammy), the pally just runs around in circles and consecrates to keep the attention. (Sab note: Earthbind Totems and Magma Totems. You will get heals, but you need to be able to keep their attention long enough for us to kill Arlokk) Druids go into bear form and run around.

If a mage gets marked, the mage has to AOE or die. Healing is always mainly focused on the marked person, especially if it is a mage. Burn PW:S, mana shield... frost nova, blast wave, cone of cold, arcane explosion... do what you can.

You'll lose a mana user or two, but by then, Arlokk herself will be dead.

Here are the people who are signed up, and how I plan on grouping them based off my experience in raiding with them. I might make a couple changes as we go, but this is looking good to me. Please get to know your people as I would like to have the same groups working together week-in and week-out.

Groupings (NO EDGE OF MADNESS)

Group 1

Relikk - Warrior

Taurgren - Hunter

Sabrianica - Rogue

Depaa - Shaman

Kytae - Priest (30 minutes late)

Group 2

Zalkul - Warrior

Khanak - Hunter

Scryll - Rogue

Dugand - Shaman

PRIEST

Group 3

Tithegha - Warrior

Tonac - Hunter

Ghules - Mage

Roh - Rogue

WARLOCK / SHAMAN / MAUBE (errr...mage)

Group 4

Halamesh - Druid

Zingo - Hunter

Chrysalia - Mage

Dees - Rogue (may be bumped to make room for guildmate)

Jaelre - Warlock

Signed Up!

Druid

Halamesh

Hunter

Taurgren

Tonac

Zingo

Khanak

Mage

Chrysalia

Ghules

Priest

WTB [Priests signing up] - PST

Kytae (30 minutes late)

Rogue

Dees

Ghosa

Roh

Sabrianica

Scryll

Warlock

Jaelre

Warrior

Relikk

Tithegha

Zalkul

Shaman

Depaa

Dugand

Queued signups

Vrugz - Warlock (May be late)

Edited by Jeroabem/Sabrianica

I did not sign up because I would be at least a half hour late. If you still have spots to fill and need more priests when I'm able to log in, I'd be happy to come join you.

I'm a maybe... depends on how I feel =p In a grumpy mood swing atm =p But Tazzo will come even if Maube is soooo close to Exhaulted she can taste it :paladin:

If we get one other Priest, other than Kytae, I wouldn't mind bringing Maube along for the entire run. Priority in invites will always go to Skullcrushers, and there are a couple who are not in our tabard that I would bump to make room for a Guild member. Just let Relikk/Taurgren/Me know if you want to come or not.

Also, depending on how close you are, I have a ton of coins in my bank(s) (Jeroabem and Sabrianica) that I would be willing to donate to you to help out with your rep gain. Sabrianica still gets rep off of trash mobs and doesn't need them as much as other people do...yet.

I did not sign up because I would be at least a half hour late. If you still have spots to fill and need more priests when I'm able to log in, I'd be happy to come join you.

Kytae has a spot reserved for her. It will take about 30 minutes to clear to our first boss anyways, and if need be, we can clear to the first two bosses. Running with Sabrianica in all those dungeons, being ninjared as many times as you have been deserves just a little bit of preferential treatment.

Great, great, great job everyone!

Bat: Dead - 1 attempt

Snake: Dead - 1 attempt

Spider: Dead - 1 attempt

Tony: Dead - 2 attempts

Panther: Not so much, but still!

Need to do some research for a couple alternate methods of dealing with her, but she's gonna go down!

In my opinion, she is the hardest boss in there, and once she is down, Hakkar is all about DPS, CC the MC'd Warrior and pulling a Son up to deal with his life tap.

We're SO close gang!!!

Thank you for coming out! Thank you for bringing your best attitudes! Thank you for putting out 110%!

I'd sign on for these runs, however, I work Thursday night at midnight so I would have to bail at 1145. But if you need a part time priest in the future, let me know.

All these gorram late starting raids! *shakes fist*

Hey All,

Just wanted to chime in here with a bit of info and a suggested Strat on Panther.

First, having reached EX with the trolls I can tell you: You never stop getting rep from Trash mobs...all the way to exhaulted. So, now that the quest turn ins no longer require coins or bijios feel free to turn them in at any time, it all ends up being the same.

On Panther. The Monday night group I go with does the following: We put a tank in each of the panther pens, it is their job to hold the panthers in. We place a healer (usually a shaman) to either side of the gong (just outside the alcove) to heal the Panther cage tanks. A third tank is responsible for grabbing Arlock when she appears/reappears. Everyone else is full dps on Ar, using the down time to clear any lose panthers. Hunters are usually on the look out for loose panthers that have snuck out and are on the Cage tank healers. It is important that anyone that gets marked moves to the far end of the room from the gong as quickly as possible. It usually takes us about three/four apparences to take her down, then mop up any panthers. Arlock likes to spawn near the gong and jump for a healer so keep an eye out. Aoe Fear capable folks also help to CC any leaked panthers.

Good luck to you all.

-Gordantell

I had joined pug groups to ZG several months ago and I never progressed further than the bat boss. Either the raid went ultra slow (two bosses per raid event) or we wiped alot with a heavy repair bill (usually a combination of both). Last night was fun, we accomplished alot and I would like to go again.

Rel