new pvp

Depaa

well it looks like there taking the battles ou of instances and into the world. EPL and sith are the areas. check it out on the wow websight for details looks interesting

I will be curious as to how this will work, cause if it's just an all out war between factions there the alliance will get most of the spots due to sheer numbers.

Yeah it looks pretty lame if you asked me, I was hoping for more of a new contested area that you could 'take' cities. Which would open up say, speical quests, special tradeskill recipe vendors, a flight path, an inn, etc. in an area where the losing faction does not have a base. Sprinkled throughout the zone could be a few defensive tower positions, and taking the city would spawn a raidboss and lots of elite guards, like the general and his minions in AV, that would have to be defeated with a sizeable raid force. Oh well high hopes i guess.

.. I think you have to realize though that this is just a quick ' fix ' for world pvp, it should bring a lil more conflect out into the world of Azeroth but overall its meh! The real world pvp will probably come into effect with the expansion there has been alot of hints that outlands will be auto-pvp flagged area or at least have contested areas (various computer gaming / pc gamer interviews have hinted at this).. The problem with world pvp I think from blizzards perspective is they just assume if you want to do that you would have rolled on a PVPserver, or you would /pvp..

.. for anyone who played anarchy online im hoping they will advent instatue a system where you can fight over FULLY contested areas, an maybe like the PVP rank tally every tue control of the zone would shift each week, giving access to maybe unique vendors an buff potentials.. Something like that would be a great undertaking an I dont forsee them doing it anytime soon. I bet when games like Vanguard, an Warhammer online get closer to release they will throw something in to try to keep people from leaving an going to these more RvR oriented games..

.. as for the pvp they announced I dont really see anythiing thats even remotely interesting... EPL? will be a wash because not many people are gonna want to fight for control of a few towers to get a small buff that will either disappear when you log off, or in a short span of time. I forsee it being more critical to those who are gonna be going after noxx.. break your raid off into 4, 10 man groups an take over the towers get the buff an then go in after noxx which is mostly undead.. The silthus one is another I dont really see being very useful, doing the bug tasks generally flags you an half the time no one will even bother you its just not worth it.. If they make it something like the buff lasts 5 hours an is like a flask an wont go away on death then it would be worth it, pass that its like an ony turn in buff nice if you have it, but not something you will work/bet on..

Any PvP area or restricted questing will further screw the Horde players on this(and most other Pve/RP) servers on account of the 3-1 population. If you never want to see the new content as a horde player, then any system adding forced world PvP would be great...otherwise it is a joke. Run around Silithus sometime and count the number of lvl 60 Alliance folks you see... yeah, great ###### idea. While any contested PvP would be awsome on a server where there was an even population, all this will do is add to the Alliance dominance on AD.