Second MC Raid

With Maube's blessing, a second Molten Core (MC) raid will be forming from scratch. It will be led by Sabrianica (Rogue). This raid will not be run on nights that interfere with current raid nights, and will not be recruiting away from the current MC raid. We will start out with a once a week raid until we can clear to Shazzrah in one night. After that, we will change format and go to a twice a week raid until we a.) Have Ragnaros on Farm status and b.) are doing so in under 5 hours.

Some things that will be interesting about this is that the raid will start from scratch - only two or three people that are going will have MC gear at all. We plan on starting out with Chain Pulling and Healing Rotations in place.

If you have experience in raiding MC on your main character and would like to go a second time, please contact Jeroabem/Sabrianica on the forums or in-game. The raid is looking to start around the middle of August, so if you are in your mid-50s now, you can plan on coming.

Fire Resistance requirements for the beginning half of Molten Core is zero - although having 100 would be beneficial. If you wish to contribute to the Raid Bank for the second MC raid, please contact Jeroabem/Sabrianica in game to do so.

Class Leaders:

Warrior: Timtimawni (Winter Wolves - MT)

Rogue: Sabrianica (Clan Skullcrusher)

Hunter: Declaw (aka Mooneagle)

Mage: TBD

Warlock: TBD

Druid: Halamesh (Deathhand)

Priest: TBD

Shaman: Uglutz (Clan Skullcrusher)

What is a class leader? A class leader is someone who is known and trusted by the raid leader to be a subject matter expert of that class. This person preferably has some raid experience in larger (20+) raids and is familiar with all aspects of the class. The class leader's primary responsibility, especially in new raids, is to advise the Raid Leader of weak areas in the class to identify areas needing improvement. The class leaders will post rosters based on signups for their class using prior attendance, raid contribution, willingness to improve, attitude and performance as guidelines if we have more than we need sign-up. Do you want to be a class leader? PM Jeroabem or Sabrianica.

If you are interested in joining in this SECOND MC RAID hosted by Clan Skullcrusher, please reply with your character's name, class and current level; AND go sign up for the raid. Note: You must be level 60 prior to the first pull, which is tentatively scheduled for August 19 at 8:30pm (server time).

Edited by Jeroabem/Sabrianica

Heh... hard to believe we were having a rough time scraping together 40 people to go into MC for our first couple runs... now look at us... piecing together a second MC raid...

Heh... hard to believe we were having a rough time scraping together 40 people to go into MC for our first couple runs... now look at us... piecing together a second MC raid...

Brings a tear to your wee little eyes, does it?

I signed Kelani up, but am still on the fence between her, Waldonnis, or Toba...whatever we need most, I suppose. In the meantime, I'll work on getting her into some decent gear and to 60.

For the first part, I want to work on developing a core group of raiders that are willing to put in the time and effort to get the core down. After that, we can start shuffling people around and in/out based on alts/needs/wants.

The key to remember is that while this is going to be a serious attempt, it's meant to be fun. I know that Declaw knows how to pull the core (I've run with her in BBQ), and I know that Timtimawni knows how to tank (I taught him, I've run with him in the core). Caravelle is my real life cousin and has gone to the core with Circle of Fear and Winter Wolves. Tazzak we know leads a raid and I have run with her in BBQ. We have a great talent pool to start with, it's gonna be a matter of getting people on the same page.

I'm hoping that bringing in some people from The Profane (who I PvP'd with in the 40-49 and 50-59 brackets) who have not yet been will make things exciting and interesting to say the least. We'll keep it light, for sure, but we won't lose sight of our end goal - conquering the dungeon. Right now it looks like the bulk of the raiders will come from Clan Skullcrusher, The Profane, Deathhand and MC Raid #1 extras.

Later today I will set up a Raid Bank to start getting mats together. Somethings (Like FR Pots) will be forwarded to Maube for use in the main raid until we get to a point where we need to start hording them for ourselves (around the time we start in on Golemagg).

I need to identify some craftsmen for the following:

• Dark Iron Plate (Thorium Brotherhood Rep)
  • Fiery Chain (FR Shoulders, waist) (Thorium Brotherhood Rep)
  • Black Dragonscale Boots (Thorium Brotherhood Rep)
  • Master Alchemist for Greater Fire Resistance, Major Health and Major Mana Potions
  • Herbalists to gather necessary reagents for the above three potions
  • Dragonscale Leatherworkers for the Black Dragonscale Armor (I have the three dropped patterns on my hunter - they can be given to a trustworthy raider.)
  • Skinners with 305/300 skill to farm Black Dragonscales
  • Miners with 305/300 (other than me) who can also smelt Dark Iron Ore (Sabrianica should be able to do that this week) and farm up other materials as needed.

I know I am missing some things, so please point them out too.

I will also spend some time grinding up to Revered with Thorium Brotherhood so that I can make the weapons an Axesmith can craft.

Dark Iron Plate: Smedlock

Dragonscale Leatherworkers: Raeda and Odenn

Alchemist: Gordantell, Relikk, Zuato

Tribal Leatherworker: Daduntell (Honored now, working on Revered for the Molten belt)

Elemental Leatherworking: Kelani (Honored now, working on Revered for the Corehound Belt)

Sabrianica,

I am actually in the planning phases of setting up a new weekday MC raid myself (under the Argent Covenant banner), and I'd like to discuss this with you if you have some time this evening or in the near future. As the Crushers grow, certainly you are looking to give your own members a chance to attend your raids. I feel priveledged that I'm still included on the wednesday raid night, despite my inability to attend the friday raid night, and the fact that there are now 5 crushers rogues attending in addition to myself.

My thoughts are for a weekday raid, though starting a bit later (maybe an hour) than the current crusher raid does (I figure we're not all east coast...). My main target audience is to be the many Argent Covenant members that would like to attend such a raid, but aren't in guilds big enough to handle it on their own, though certainly I was hoping to pick up any Skullcrusher and BMC overflow that might come my way.

Tribal Leatherworker: Daduntell (Honored now, working on Revered for the Molten belt)

Elemental Leatherworking: Kelani (Honored now, working on Revered for the Corehound Belt)

Other way around:

Tribal Leatherworker: Daduntell (Honored now, working on Revered for the Corehound belt)

Elemental Leatherworking: Kelani (Honored now, working on Revered for the Molten Belt)

:)

Sabrianica,

I am actually in the planning phases of setting up a new weekday MC raid myself (under the Argent Covenant banner), and I'd like to discuss this with you if you have some time this evening or in the near future. As the Crushers grow, certainly you are looking to give your own members a chance to attend your raids. I feel priveledged that I'm still included on the wednesday raid night, despite my inability to attend the friday raid night, and the fact that there are now 5 crushers rogues attending in addition to myself.

My thoughts are for a weekday raid, though starting a bit later (maybe an hour) than the current crusher raid does (I figure we're not all east coast...). My main target audience is to be the many Argent Covenant members that would like to attend such a raid, but aren't in guilds big enough to handle it on their own, though certainly I was hoping to pick up any Skullcrusher and BMC overflow that might come my way.

Like the raid I am currently in (BBQ hosted by WW), this isn't meant to be a "Clan Skullcrusher" raid. Yes, we will be hosting here with our DKP rules and system, our signup sheet and our loot access precedents, but it is an open raid. The requirements to be a part of it at this point are:

a.) Be willing to learn the dungeon - Mobs, encounters and strategies.

b.) Be willing to be consistent - signup & show up with everything you will need ready to start on time and run to the end of the time alotted.

c.) Be willing to spend a lot of time face down until the raid gels - trash mobs will kill us until we can pull our stuff together. MC is easy, but it's no joke either.

d.) Be willing to bring your positive attitude - nothing kills a raid faster than a person with the wrong attitude. I'm a nice, easy going guy, a little bit of a smart ass, and part "know-it-all", but I will defend the integrity of the raid over the wants/needs of one person. I'm using a Class Leader system to delegate some of the leadership responsibility, but in the end of the discussion - Sabrianica is still the Raid Leader and if we fail, my fault. When we succeed, it will be because of the raid pulling together, having the right attitude and deciding it's time.

e.) Be willing to follow my leadership. I appreciate that you wanted to start another MC raid, but if you can't follow my leadership, I'll wish you the best of luck in starting your own. After all, it's my butt that will get to deal with the loot drama, the gear drama, the no-show drama, the "who-gets-invited-over-who" drama and so on that is associated with end-game raiding.

I posted here on my guild forums out of loyalty to my guild and to give them the first opportunity to sign up, but once the raid goes live - it's all about raid loyalty. So far I have posted on Argent Covenant and The Profane Forums for recruiting. I may be talking to Forged Alliance to see if there is interest there, and I will be possibly speaking with Feoler of Winter Wolves to see if there are any consistently signing up folks that couldnt go due to overflow.

As far as the dates and times for the raids, they are meant to be inclusive of the Clan Skullcrusher raid schedule - again, many of the Skulls that will be in the raid will be doing so with their alt 60s. I don't want to take away from our current raids. So, if you still wanna pow-wow, I'll be on around 9pm server time tonight. We can pow-wow then!

PS - Tazzak I have a job for you in the core! You will be the official spawn announcer! :)

Ouch! Heh. Uhm.... hmmm. Well, this is bad timing for us. Not your fault at all, Jero, but the Sons were about to create their own run (as you see from Bludbeerd's post), with practically all the characteristics as what you're outlining here. Starting from scratch, etc. This sort of thing threatens to let the air out of the tires, so let's be in touch ASAP. The sort of raid that you're putting together could easily step on our toes, and vice versa, since we had hoped to scoop up folks that, for a variety of different reasons, aren't in the current Skullcrusher MC raid.

Maube, if you're reading this, in case you are concerned that ours might threaten your runs, we will make every precaution to ensure that it does not. For example, we had planned to use alts to rule out the overlap issue in cases where it exists, and insist that anyone coming from a Skullcrusher (or any) raid to arrange for a graceful exit (ie, get the leader's okay first, then find a worthy replacement) over a reasonable period of time. We won't be intentionally stealing/recruiting anyone, and we'll be taking steps to prevent unintentional stealing too. See me in game (or PM me) if you need to discuss more.

Edited by Grimgor

Ouch! Heh. Uhm.... hmmm. Well, this is bad timing for us.

Why does it have to be a bad timing thing? Let's collaborate and run this thing together. SoD and CS are friends, let's prove it and do this together. I've been planning on running a second MC raid since Sabrianica was in her 20s and I have been paying attention in BBQ so that I can specifically run a raid from the get-go.

Grim, you and I are on such parallel wave-lengths that it isn't even close to funny. First the world PvP event(s) (which are still being worked on) and now this. Let's get on TS tonight and talk about what needs to happen. There is no need to be exclusive or toe-stomping.

EDIT: Even better, show some faith in our ability to work together and get your people to sign up for the raid. Let's put this together! :)

You're probably right. Sure, let's see if we can't combine our efforts here. Seek out Bludbeerd first, as he's the one who was taking upon himself to do the raid, but I would like to be a part of its setup at the least.

Update:

Gonna be setting up a Raid Bank character tonight. We have had a great donation of materials from Halamesh (Dreamfoil, Mithril, some bags, some elemental fire, etc.) and should be well on the way. I will buy the bag space necessary to get us up to the 50g bag slot. If we need more room than that, I will figure something out.

I have PM'd Maube with a couple of policy type questions (Crafted Items, BoE swapping/sharing, LTDKP issues, etc.) and will wait to hear back from her on those.

I have spoken with Halamesh and at his request have asked to meet with Forged Allliance to see if there are any among them who have signed up for the Advent MC run but are not getting in due to space. I'm waiting to hear back from Bludbeerd/Grimgor about what they had intended before moving forward with any other contacts.

Reiteration - This raid is sponsored by Clan Skullcrusher but is open to any member of The Argent Covenant and/or The Gathering coalitions of guilds. People from outside those two coalitions of guilds can be approved on a case-by-case basis, usually by talking to me or the posted class leader.

Still need Clothy Class Leaders - Mage, Warlock and Priest. If you are interested or know of anyone who might be interested, please let me know. Thanks.

Still need Clothy Class Leaders - Mage, Warlock and Priest. If you are interested or know of anyone who might be interested, please let me know. Thanks.

Thought you had a warlock class lead, no? *confuzled*

He backed out. I think he wants to raid/join Winter Wolves and I am not gonna get in his way of that.

Ok, I would like to try this out, to see if I will enjoy it before I completely agree to be consistent. Is there any chance I could take one run with you to see how I like it?

Secondly, if the first part isn't a problem, then I will just let you know that the first one I will not be able to go to, due to being on vacation, but if they are ran on Saturdays at the same time every week, I will gladly be at the second one to see what MC is all about.

Ok, I would like to try this out, to see if I will enjoy it before I completely agree to be consistent. Is there any chance I could take one run with you to see how I like it?

Secondly, if the first part isn't a problem, then I will just let you know that the first one I will not be able to go to, due to being on vacation, but if they are ran on Saturdays at the same time every week, I will gladly be at the second one to see what MC is all about.

To be completely honest with you, the first few weeks will probably be pretty rough. If you don't have the MC bug, this is not the way to get it. Maube is gonna shoot me for this, but if you want to "experience" Molten Core to see if you will like it before you commit to the raid, I would ask you to ask her if you could tag along with her raid for one week. You'll get a deeper appreciation for what needs to happen and will be able to gauge whether or not you are willing to put in the effort and consistency that will be required to build from there. I'm not necessarily looking for people who are driven to be the "end-all-be-all" raiders, just people who want to be a part of the endgame content. It's ok if that isnt you for whatever reason.

As to the second part, that isnt a problem at all if you want to be a part of the raid.