Neglect begets Retribution

Grimgor

I've been brewing this idea for a few weeks now, promising those in my Sons and elsewhere that action was coming. Various factors have gotten in my way -- a need to organize and inform, Maube's vacation, and a couple other things -- but now is the time to start.

For those of you who don't know, Volonazra and I worked out an alliance between the Skullcrushers and the Sons shortly before he left, a pact that Maube recognized and formalized in agreement as she took the mantle of the new Chieftain. The intent of this alliance was to build a relationship between our WoW guilds that preserved (and rebuilt) interest in and activity with RP, as well as more closely align ourselves for the other things that WoW guilds do, such as raiding.

This is what I hope will be the first and brightest example of the fruit of that pact: some RP-based PvP action taken against Alliance targets. Those familiar with the long standing RP stance of the Sons of Draenorwill note this is a significant change in outlook -- suffice it to say our long sufferance has ended with the long history of attacks that has been escalating steadily to concerted attacks on our leaders and infrastructure in the Horde. Our characters' patience is at an end. The good news is... this means fighting!

THE PLAN

The gist of the concept is a regular, possibly weekly hit-and-run style joint attack pattern hurled against a set of targets designated by me and/or an appointed leader, involving multiple teams operating in a concerted effort that should not only prove to be edge-of-the-seat fun for us, but confusing and frustrating for our opponents. Here's some outlined plans I have already made. Another bit of good news: the nature of our missions will allow practically all level ranges (20+ for sure) to participate in some degree.

I know that not everyone reads forums, so I will be looking to Odenn to get this word out in game so that we have the largest audience possible.

Look for me in game... I'll make myself available if at all possible (and if I can't I'll schedule a time when I can be free).

Edited by Grimgor

I've been on too many flights to Thunder Bluff only to arrive in time to see Caern fall to NOT respond to this. Fomor and I often talk long into the night dreaming up strategies for a three pronged attack on the alliance capitols. Any time, ANY time, you plan a strike, let me know and and death itself can not stop me from swinging a weapon beside you.

Wut iz da puhrp...pup.. wut dat we needz tu du?

To crush yer enemeez, drive dem befur u, and den heer da lamenations of da womenz (an da menz tu!! har har!).

I speshully wan ta barsh and clomp da civys. Dey no gud. An anoder ting - hmm. Wut wuz I tinkn? Oh *clomps down another piece of dorf leg* I wun to mmmffff n.. mnffff

*gulps*

surry, i had a motful dere *spits out shackle*. Letz go clomp!

Rel

I don't have ambitions to create major campaigns just yet (three-pronged assaults on Alliance capitals is probably out of reach for our outnumbered Horde population anyway). Consider this a private war that could become part of the ever-growing Horde/Alliance conflict. As such, our tactics will be of a "hit and fade" nature, in favor of striking an objective and bringing it down before any real defense is put up, then moving on.

Imagine the havoc that a few small teams can cause by striking multiple places at once, then speeding off into the surrounding hills/forest/plains to hit another objective, then turning to another target (or swapping targets with another team) and/or returning to a previous target. The idea here is that the attackers are gone before the first wave of real defenders arrive at the initial targets, and when the defenders move to react to the subsequent attacks, they find themselves arriving late to those targets too. At the logical and/or emotional end of this plan, there's certainly room to finish out the night's action with a good old-fashioned straight-up slugfest.

Of course, as with all plans, contact with the enemy and their reactions (and not a little luck of circumstance) can change those plans at a moment's notice, but my feeling there is that since I want to start with a smaller and simpler plan the first few times, we'll be forming a group of experienced raiders that will increasingly be able to take on new companions and train them on the go. Such a group will also be increasingly more capable of managing upsets to the timetables and plans.

To sum up, I intend to start simple and get as complex as our people want to go. Should be fun.

Edited by Grimgor

I don't have ambitions to create major campaigns just yet (three-pronged assaults on Alliance capitals is probably out of reach for our outnumbered Horde population anyway). Consider this a private war that could become part of the ever-growing Horde/Alliance conflict. As such, our tactics will be of a "hit and fade" nature, in favor of striking an objective and bringing it down before any real defense is put up, then moving on.

We did a "Hit and Teleport" attack on Theramore. We hit Jaina, then we got teleported to the middle of the sea by her, and the teleported ones were the LUCKY ones, the others were horrible clomped by the mage :p

But twas fun.

With all the flagged alliance around the Necrops around the world last night it was very tempting to get together a little strike force and hit them. Since they wanted to try and discourage horde and others from getting AD rep, I was considering getting a little honor from their corpses. :)

I have left the smashing and flattening ways of my past behind me for a season. However, seeing others smash and flatten brings me joy. I would be there to support any raid.

Sabrianica, on the other hand, finds absolutely no end to the pleasure of getting her blades wet with the gore of those who oppose her queen, Sylvanas, and the Horde. She would be the ideal candidate for this mission.