Druids and Innervate

Maube

Well folks... looks like Druids get Innervate as a trainable skill as of patch 1.11 =D

Not like it affects us much... since we dont make our Druids have it >:L but Hey Morgh ::big puppydog eyes:: Wub latz!

::giggles::

::blinks eyes::

I just specced down to it so that we'd have it and now all of us can get it?!

>:L

So...what does this do for the 31 point talent in Resto then? Does that mean the Druid resto tree gets revised again?

((God I hate being at work - I can't see patch notes and updates because the security guys have about 99% of the WoW and WoW related sites blocked now...could you pop up the notes per chance?))

Edited by Huato

1. Innervate: Core Ability | 5/1/2006 7:31:17 PM PDT

When patch 1.11 releases, Innervate will become a base ability for all Druids, trainable at level 40. Once the patch is live, any Druid who formerly had the Innervate talent will instead have the "Swiftmend" talent, which has been added to the Druid Restoration tree, replacing Innervate as the 31 point talent. This new ability will consume a Rejuvenation or Regrowth effect to produce an instant heal.

Posted by Eyonix

So what the hell is Nature's Swiftness for then?

lol

I swear...the primary reason I specced Resto was for innervate, and then they switch it out for a second nature's swiftness?

At least that is the way it sounds to me.

:)

Hehehe well maybe this means there will soon be more Moonkin?

I love dah Moonkin ::purrs:: (notice I ALWAYS put Morgh in my group :) ))

If that is the case, I may seriously consider going moonkin since I already started gearing +heal/damage gear.

It just makes me mad that from what they are telling us the 31 point talent is a 2nd nature's swiftness, but relegated to only 2 healing spells.

I'd wait and see how swiftmend works out before doing another respec. From what I can tell, it will be a bit better than it appears to be in the description. I don't know about other druids, but when I had NS, I used it primarily for a big, emergency healing touch then tossed a rejuv on as well (followed by a rank 4 HT or lower-rank regrowth if needed...mostly because the target wouldn't be alive long enough for the regrowth to work fully if I went that route first). From what I've read about swiftmend so far, it seems like I would be able to do a rapid-fire healing barrage, complete with two HoTs (one consumed for a second instant big heal), a large HT, and a smaller HT within seconds.

I think the bigger uproar amongst the restoration druids on the forums is that many of them considered innervate to be their only defining characteristic that guaranteed their spot in a raid. With it becoming a trainable spell, they're losing their "identity" and are afraid that the ferals and balance druids will take their spots in raids. Sounds silly, I know, but many of them were elitist jerks on the forums about resto being the only "viable spec for end-game" because of innervate....and now, the rest of us become just as "viable" using their arguments. In the end, a restoration druid is still a superiour healer compared to a balance or feral druid...don't think that the points that previously spent en-route to innervate are wasted at all.

To the other ferals and balance druids, this is really good news. While I've never been a fan of innervate (I shun anything that's considered "required"), I do think it's a very, very valuable skill to have and am glad it's becoming a druid skill rather than a talent.

Edited by Waldonnis

I'm not upset about Innervate being removed from a talent and becoming trainable...I love that idea. I just want to make sure that it's replaced with something equivalent is all. I also won't be respeccing until after the patch as I want to see how the new talent is. I may complain, but I'm not jumping ship that fast! lol

With innervate being moved to a trainable spell at 40, how much do you want to bet that Mana Tide Totem will be a trainable spell for Shaman at 40 instead of a talent in resto? :) I'm thinking that this innervate change is due in part to the changes to the Shaman trees.

• 2 weeks later...

wow! Harne a happy cow :(

i cant believe i didnt know about this sooner!

swiftmend... is it going to finish off the rest of a HoT (by "finish off" i mean instantly award the rest of the heal over time), or will it be an instant heal only castable if a HoT is currently on the target?

Edited by Houli

I haven't seen if it does the full healing in one shot (which is my guess) or if it finishes off a hot in progress.

Either way I think it may be a great thing, especially for rejuv since it is relatively inexpensive mana wise and has the potetial to heal a lot, especially with + healing gear. I read somewhere that it is a fast cooldown, so that will be nice if so.

The thing that bugs me is that Mana Tide totems for Shaman is still a 31 point resto talent. Not sure why they would change Innervate but not Mana Tide. :(

i love how innervate will be for all druids now....harne can do some decent healing now (his mana pool runs out so fast healing is tough >:L but more importantly, i can toss an innervate to a priest while fighting bosses and contribute in other ways...i just like being able to help >:L

when harne was resto...i really really liked casting inner on myself for healing emergencies rather than on priests ! o.O ! but being feral now i really like the fact i can help out the comrads...posibly allowing zu to use his inner on himself b/c me and morgh got back up innervates for priests :alcoholic:

-Harne-

Edited by Houli

Yep...I got to run Scholo last night and am now close to 70% through 59...I was healer for the group and think I did a decent job when I didn't get gang raped by skeletons.

I do wish they would not allow innervate to work on warriors or rogues however...I accidentally innervated Smedlock instead of myself once last night because I had him targeted during a heal. >:L

Grabbed a new pair of pants while there and my rejuv. is doing 275/tick now. Not too bad at all for my gear really and only being 59. >:L

Speaking of pre MC/BWL healing gear, I think I'd like to get my grubby hooves on this helm from DM:

http://www.thottbot.com/?i=Insightful%20Hood

Edited by Huato