Molten Core: March 22nd, 2005

Maube

I'll be there friday as well, hopefully there's no signup sheet or anything I don't know about :p

As far as you dying on the Mags encounter smedlock...

Hate to say it, but that's why I said before the encounter "I feel for the rogues...". Well, I should have also included the warriors. Basically anyone that's melee in this fight is expected to tend for themselves. I know it sucks, but the priests are to mainly keep up the MT, the tranq shot hunters, and all ranged dps(warlocks/mages/hunters). I do believe we spared one priest down in the corner by Mags, but usually it's just a fend for yourself fight, which I know sucks.

We'll get better at MC as we progress, and hopefully deaths will be kept at a minimum(though there will always be some deaths in MC). Keep up the good work! ;):)

Don't fret too much about it Smed. You did fine, and honestly, that fight is rough, and a lot of classes do feel "alone" during the battle. Magmadar is one of the first boss fights that people experience where you cannot just stand still. You have to be moving almost the entire fight to survive, and to be effective. It's sort of similer to the Earwig boss in AQ 20. The entire party has to stay mobile the entire time. Makes it hell for Shaman's totems, but what do you do?

Thankfully the 5 piece EF set bonus adds 10 yards to our friendly totem radius, so that helps for mobility sake, but it doesn't make it much easier.

That said, the first few times I encountered Mags I spent most of the fight face down too. :)

::huggles Smedders::

My first time ever fighting Mags... Tazzy was feared into a glob of dog poo and promptly croaked. As a clothie I spend a lot of time face down usually. Now that I have been inthere a while, I am getting better at surging in and surging out. Of course I really have never played a melee class...

Hang in there Smedders!

Hi, this is Gromit I didnt sign up for the raid, but got to join as an alt. We got a few pulls down, then we got to Gehennas. I will be around for invites if theres room.

Smed, warrior life sux in MC.. Basically, if you're not tanking, healers will pay no attention to you in certain parts. As we go mellee all the time, our repair bills are bigger by the time.

All that to get better equip and survive more time, but, hey, epic equip = epic repair bill.

So, it's a dogs life out there :p

All I can say is to echo the others: dart in and out, don't be affraid to run and bandage and try to stay alive.