Army System?

Trademaster

So, what's the deal with this thing? I have tried two different builds, and apparantly, neither of them are worthwhile. I first went with a 50/50 mix of attackers, adn spies, thinking spying would be a good plan, but that did nothing, I finally figured out how to recruit more troops, but alas, there was no way i was going to get the 10,000 gold together to manage any recruiting, having 5 attack specs, adn 5 spies wouldn't save me from any attack, and I also could not pull of a successful attack against even the weakest foe.

So, I reset, went defensive, and upped my recruiting, (which apparantly has done nothing for increasing my troops size, as I have had zero new troops appear, even though it says I am supposed to be gaining 2 recruits an hour) and the 8 defensive specs I have, are apparantly absolutely worthless. (got nailed by someone with 11 untrained people that basically mopped the floor with me) So, what gives? Can anyone advise me as to what I am doing wrong? give me a hint or something? I really don't want to be just a coin farm for the rest of the players.

I can give a few advices, but not too many, I don't want you getting me too quick ;)

1. This is a long term game, measure your success in weeks, if not months. You get your recruits once per day (Not every hour)

2. Your recruits (attack/defense) give virtually nothing to attack/defense but the quantity give you your hourly income, so you do need many.

3. Soldiers maybe give (almost) nothing to attack/defense but weapons/armor do. So if you have 100 defense soldiers and another attacks you with 10 untrained soldiers with a "Two Handed Sword", then, yes, he would wipe the floor with you, but you can also be the one holding the sword ;)

4. spy let you see others gold and sentry hides yours from others. (you can see also all items of another, but it would seem there is a bug in the 'spy' section)

5. Buy, buy , buy. BUT, only TWICE. Explanation: You buy ALWAYS with the gold you have. Money spent is safe. Yes, maybe you will have to buy 267 Daggers (first buy) and yes, you lose 25% in the sale, but those daggers are safe from attacks and when you sell the 267 daggers, you immediately buy one "Two Handed Sword. (second buy). <= do some calculations here, you will see this is much, much more than 'worthwhile'

There are many many more things to say, but you know, never give your edge :)

Good luck!!! :p

EDIT: I wanted this to cost in blood... so...

(Against Trademaster, 1 attack turn)

Your troops inflict 5,679,203 damage on the enemy!

The enemy sustains 0 casualties!

Trademaster's forces attack and inflict 39 damage on your army!

Your army sustains 3 casualties!

You defeated the enemy!

You Gain 61 Gold.

HAHAHA I knew beforehand that it would do me (much) more damage, it's just for the joke in it... ;)

I lost 3 mercenaries which cost 10,500 gold...but at least I can spent that much on a prank ;)

Trademaster lost.... 61 Gold.... Good trade, isn't it?

Edited by icuburn

That all depends, as I am and will continue to be the whipping boy.

There appears to be an error somplace in the code. As an example, I checked and saw I had been hit for a touch over 1,000 of my 1800 hard earned coin, came over here to pick on the prson hitting me via the attack system, saw your post Icuburn, learned stuff (thank you very much btw) jumped back to the Army system to calculate when I would have the funds available to do anything, and my losses were magically replaced.

Don't get me wrong, it is very nice to think I will be able to purchase something well before I expected, but....I don't think that is how things are 'sposed to work.

Edited by Trademaster

Sorry trademaster, I feel your pain, I too am on the recieving end quite a bit. But I found today that there is some kind of check in the system that prevents a person from being victimized for too long.

'Too many attacks on user'

Im not sure what the circumstances are to cause this, but I cant attack anyone below me at the moment becuse I pummeld you all yesterday with the 500 attacks I had saved up...Hell I cant even attack huato right now to test the water, so it must be a cumulative total of attacks on a single army from all armies over a certian time frame.

Edited by Chrysalia

Yes, there are a few 'glitches' in the system.

Before the upgrade I mysteriously couldn't get more than half of anothers cash while I wiped out others with even better spy/sentry than the first.

The money was a bit more than what was written.

You sometimes get and extra soldier

You sometimes get extran turns

And some more... :)