Shaman Epic Quest

Martok

Attempt one :

Made it to the Rattlegore room with a few deaths, 2 wipes.

Uncle Meifftor

Kodyak

Grawuulf

Smedlock

and Meself made it almost to Rattlegore, and poor Kodyak went LD.

Maube volunteered to help and we made it to Rattlegore np.

After clearing Rattles, I placed the scryer and instantly the waves of spirits began. About 20 level 57 sprits instantly spawned on us. With Maubes AoE it was cake. Next came the groups of 1 or 2 wandering 59/60 elites.

The third wave of green snot spirits did us in. About 12 60 elite spirits was what got us. We weren't able to pull just a group of 3.

Instant death , and at that time the repops prevented us from giving it another try.

Thanks to those that helped!

There is a way to pull them without getting 2 or all three groups at once. I will have to go look at it, but the MT has to body pull one group by hugging the wall and bringing them back to the corner. Take care of those three then body pull the center group. Take care of those, then get the last group.

I'll try to find the guide again and post it. :orc:

Ok, below you will find a write up that included 1 priest, 1 warrior, and 3 Shaman. We could get three of us this helm in one shot if we follow these directions. Please note this includes that "body pull" of the first set of ghosts.

I don't know how many shamans I've seen without their SkyFury helm and it saddens me. Yes it is hard but is still completely possible

if you take your time and know a few tricks.

I've done this quest 3 times now with different groups (once for myself, and two other occasions for guildies) and haven't failed yet.

Your group doesn't have to be decked out in great gear to do this. My groups have been geared in blues.

Quests:

[60] Material Assistance: http://www.thottbot.com/?qu=7667

[60] The Darkwreaver Menace: http://www.thottbot.com/?qu=7668

Party Build

1 priest- Healing, Shackle, Shadow Resistance(the first time I did this we found out our priest was shadow specced after we started, we still made it)

1 warrior- Tank so that the other shamans can dps down whatever he is attacking

3 shaman- 3ankh=3attempts if needed, totems for buffing ecspecially having 3 grounding totems at once explained later on

Of course this isn't the exact build you have to go with, I'm just saying this is what I've used 3 times now without failure and I think

you'll see why as you follow along.

Before You Start

Ankh for each shaman, 1 stack of lvl 55 water/food per member from a friendly mage, Pots if you can afford them (we never used pots)

I'm going to attempt to draw out this scenario for you to help you understand what I'm trying to say. (got the idea from a dankish site)

Rattlegore's Room- "Great Ossuary's basement in Scholomance"

'X' = Where party stays most of the time.

'D' = Where I've place the Divination Scryer each time(basically as far away from group as possible)

'1'/'2'/'3' = represent a location of 3 elite ghosts

________________[door]___________________

|_x_________________________________1_|

|_____________________________________|

|_________________2___________________|

|_______________________________D_____|

|_3___________________________________|

Note: Plz get your group to alt+tab and read this before going in.

1. Clear the entire room before starting (obvious I know)

2. Rest up etc. and get everyone into position 'X' as far in that corner as possible.

3. Have 1 shaman go place the Scryer as far from the group in the opposite corner as possible 'D' and run back.

Note: Again, do not leave that corner your in 'X'

4. The event has now started, you will be facing wave after wave of ghosts. These really aren't that bad, keep your totems down to buff

up your group. Priest can shackle if really needed. Make sure the Warrior keeps aggro of any ghosts on top of the group. All three of the shaman should focus on the warriors target and dps it down. You will easily go through each ghost one at a time while several ghosts are pounding on your tank. Earthbind totem here is really helpful, the reason for this is the ghosts can create illusions of themselves and Earthbind totem gets rid of those illusions.

5. Generally you should have enough time to mana/heal up between waves of ghosts. Just be ready to drink/eat as soon as you kill the

last ghost of each wave.

6. The last wave of green ghosts will put a curse on the group that causes players to take more damage when hit. This curse lasts 10minutes. Finish off this last wave. At this point the 9 elite ghosts should spawn in the locations 1/2/3 of the room as displayed on

the map I made posted above. Now you are safe to rest up your char. and yourselves. The 3 groups of elite quests will not come over to your group positioned in corner 'X' unless provoked, so go ahead and take a break to wait out the curse. Doing this will greatly increase your chances of success.

7. The Hardest Part- 9 Elites

Do not kid yourself that you can take 9 elites or even 6 elites at once. The biggest problem is that these ghosts have a very very large aggro radius. This creates problems because most people will try to get their timing right to try and pull group '2' of the ghosts but instead pull all 3 groups. Everyone says the key to this is 'pulling' but I strongly disagree, as a matter of fact you don't want to pull, you want to rush in.

That's right, I said 'rush in'. Watch how the ghosts move and notice how far apart group '2' and '1' can get. What your going to do is have your priest shield your warrior run over to group '1' while hugging the wall(do not 'charge' in, avoid anything that will make your aggro range bigger). Once you see that your warrior has aggro of the group '1' ghosts and didn't pull group '2' also, go ahead and have your whole group hug the wall and run over to him. Priest shackle one ghost and everyone else focus on 1 ghost at a time. Again totem as needed, and yes these ghosts hit fairly hard.

Now you should have destroyed group '1' and only have 6 more elite ghosts to go. Eat/drink up. Move everyone back to position'X'.

Have your warrior stand at the door or against that wall in a position he can see group '2' and '3'. It will be his job to pull group '2' into the corner you fought group '1'. Make sure you warrior isn't to trigger happy on doing this, but if he does mess up and pull both groups just let him die. Rez him and try again. Once your warrior has only group '2' in the corner where group '1' was go ahead and run over to him and take care of the group just like the previous.

Now you are home free! Rest up and go take out group '3' without worries of groups '1'/'2'.

7.5 You should finish off the last set of elite green ghosts in the X corner. After you kill the last group of green elite ghosts, an

Aspect will spawn. Shackle him immediately, take some time to get mana back (reshackle until you are ready), then kill the Aspect.

After you kill the Aspect more purple ghosts will spawn. KILL THEM AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE! If you do it right, you should never have

more than 2 ghosts spawned at a time, shackle one, DPS the other, keep the grounding totems coming (and level 1 earth shocks work awesome here). If you don't kill them fast enough, they will continue to spawn in to where you could have 6-7+ elite ghosts to deal with and it's pretty much game over. Then, when the second Aspect spawns, shackle him again, regen mana, and prepare for the boss fight. Once you kill this Aspect, the Boss will spawn and immediately aggro.

(Thanks for this section -- Skraggy Level 60 Tauren Shaman -- Guild:The Tribe -- Realm:Aggramar)

8. Boss fight

Long easy fight. Seeing as how you have 3 shaman make sure each of you is keeping your Grounding Totem down. The boss has some pretty heavy shadow bolts that do the majority of his damage and the grounding totems will take care of that. Keep a positive outlook and take this guy down, you've already passed the hardest part that almost everyone else wipes on.

SideNote: The Boss also MC's occasionally. Have the shamans ready to purge, and use your level 1 earth shocks like crazy to interupt his Dominate Mind spell (SpellAlert mod will show you when he's casting it). (Thanks Skraggy)

9. Congratulations!

Are you serious? Just go get the helm already! http://www.thottbot.com/?i=51058

DISCLAIMER

I wrote all of the above out of memory. There's some other waves of ghosts in there somewhere, but I don't remember how many etc.

I have done this in this manner 3 times and never had serious problems. One of the times I did this it was for a lvl 60 & 59 friend. I

found out you don't even have to be lvl 60 to complete and get this helm. Next time I do this quest I'll take more careful notes and will

update this guide with more information. If you have suggestions for me I'll kindly take them and update this. I'm only speaking from my experience here and would like others input.

Let Me Know If This Helped You!

After using this guide please post with your results and opinions.

Trixly - lvl 60 Female Troll Shaman

Horde High Council

Kalecgos PvP

/last update was to section 6

[ post edited by Trixly ]

So...when can we get Benim, Green or Smed, Uglutz, Raeda, and myself in there for this? I figure once we get this down pat we can run all of our future Shaman through too. :orc:

I figure that a Druid or mage in place of one of the Shaman could be very beneficial too...we should try this strategy for this soon.

Edited by Huato

OK, I will (at least as it stands today) have no wife aggro come Saturday late afternoon/early evening, and would love to do this. I'll throw it on the in game calendar tonight.

We'll go with the plan above. We need one tank, one priest, then the last three are interchangeable. We can take 3 Shaman, a shaman, druid, mage, whatever it takes as long as we can get at least 1 Shaman in there for the Darkreaver Menace quest.

• 3 weeks later...

HUGE Bump here.

I want to try to complete this tonight. I was talking with Gordantell, Raeda, and Smedlock last night...Gordan wants to bring Jelorian along, so that would make three Shaman, a tank, and now we could use a priest, but could probably sneak in with another Shaman fine. >:L

The strat is above, and I'd like to attempt this later tonight (have to go to dinner with wife and in-laws to celebrate a couple birthdays early evening). I think we can do this if we follow the strategy I posted above.

Gah! Damned video card upgrade gone bad...bought a new card tonight (GeForce 6600GT AGP, 256MB of RAM) and the computer will not boot with it in. I can get my old card to work fine though.

Ok, got a bad video card. :(

But...I now have a new one and it works great...I can play WoW at 1280x1024 with everything turned up and it is perfectly smooth so far. :D

Now...we need to get this Shaman quest done.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump again...If we can grab one tank and the rest Shaman (Ahem Martok, Raeda, and Crickrunner).

So...lets set a day and time...how about Thursday evening (3/9)?

Guest Guest_Baracko_*

Hey Guys! If you have an open slot, or need more help, this honorary Crusher would love to come with ya! ( I talked to Huato a little about it).

Let me know when yer thinking of trying, and Ill keep the time available, even if it turns out yer full!

Good luck!

Baracko, the soon to be 60 shaman

Well, Smedlock, Raeda, Uglutz, Verissi, and myself made an attempt at this last night and almost pulled it off. We got through the room of 9 elite green ghosts whithout whiping the entire party on the first go, and the final two ghosts and Aspect before Darkreaver appeared finally got us. By that time the entire place had more or less respawned so we had to call it a night.

The next time we have it since we know what we're doing now. :yub:

• 2 weeks later...