Grinding Guide

zilog

If anyone, like me is trying desperately to reach the next 10th level, I found this guide to be of some use:

Grinding Guide

here's an excerpt:

34-37

Venture Co. Meteorologists at Lake N. in Stranglethorn Vale

I love these guys. I mentioned them in the gold guide, and I really do love them. They have good drops, and they die fast. Hunters can sometimes even take two on at a time, as they like to stay at range and use their lightning bolt attack. Sic a pet on one, and take out the other yourself. They don't always stay at range, however, so your milage may vary.

36-38

The Naga on the islands in Desolace have low armor, and there are casters in the mix. Be wary of the wandering sea giants, though. One will walk across the island every now and then, and they'll kill you if they sees you.

37-39

The Murlocs by Grom'Gol in STV are excellent grinding. They have, as per usual, low defense, and take alot of damage. Some casters mixed in the fray as well.

36-46

In the Badlands, there are ALOT of rock elementals. They range from about 37 to 42 or so, if I remember correctly. They're sort of close to the Horde base, so Alliance might be weary of the area. They die fast, and they have some pretty good vendor drops. Higher level ones spawn by the Ogres camp, and have a chance of spwaning Rumbler, a named rock elemental. There's also a few quests right by the lower ones, so some extra EXP is fun.

40-43

The Scalding Whelps in the Badlands are fun to grind. They're basicly casters, low def and HP, high damage. They also have a chance of dropping a a Tiny Black Whelpling, which can go for 20-50 gold on some servers in the AH, and are pretty cool pets regardless.

40-46

The Wastewander humans in Tanaris are great grinding for a large level range. They start off at level 40 and 41, and ramp up to 44 or so, and then you can move to the pirates, which range from 44-45 (Or is it 46?). Chests spawns are all over the place too, so you can get some phat lewt. My gold guide has more in depth information on their location.

Credit author Chtulhu

Thats not a bad guide for when you need to just murder mobs repeatedly. Though my leveling suggestion is to follow the quests. All I do when I grind is go somewhere grab all the quests and systematically complete them to the best of my ability. This gives me typically easily attainable short term goals that gain me xp while I complete them and then I get a chunk when they are done. I also used to stretch out the time when I would turn them in sometimes if I was close to leveling. Finish a few extra quests level of the hunting xp and then turn in 10-12 quests at once after the level has been attained and you are well on your way to the level after that.

Edited by morilen

Thanks for the guide Zilog. :D

Also, my play style is like Morilen's. I get bored just grinding away mindlessly so the quests at least give the illusion of doing something...important. Plus, i never got a group together to grind. Grouping is what I think makes MMOs fun (although I do just want to solo a small amount of time). It could be my imagination, but if done well, I think questing is faster. (see Morlien's example for doing it well) Yet some swear by the old grind. I advise play how is most fun whichever style best suits you.

Thanks for the guide Zilog. :D

Also, my play style is like Morilen's.  I get bored just grinding away mindlessly so the quests at least give the illusion of doing something...important.  Plus, i never got a group together to grind.  Grouping is what I think makes MMOs fun (although I do just want to solo a small amount of time).  It could be my imagination, but if done well, I think questing is faster. (see Morlien's example for doing it well)  Yet some swear by the old grind.  I advise play how is most fun whichever style best suits you.

Good guide, and I agree with Volonazra and Morilen..questing is faster. When I was off with Mono I was able to get a lot of instance quests done and blew through my last few levels in no time because of that...when you can get 4 to 6k exp for a quest in addition to the exp gained from the mobs killed = leveling fast, plus can help fill the personal coffers with coin too.

There are certain days where I just wanna grind. Turn on my music, and grind, and for this I appreciate the guide!

I agree, Quests are typically -seemingly- faster, but the fact is, around the 40-60 region, there is a huge void in the number of quests. Remember when you could go to the barrens and question from 12 to 20, with ease? Well, not only were there vastly more quests involving way more killing, there was also less xp to a level...

Completing all the quests at the bulwark, for instance, isn't even enough for me to level Kor up, killing included. There simply arn't enough quests, and I feel Blizz could go miles in their keeping folks around campaign by just devoting (if only a few people) to saturating certain levels with more quests. I loved the progress made with Silithus...

Maybe they should take a cue from Mythic, where in Dark Age of Camelot, in addition to regular quests, you could pick up missions from local guards to kill things in the immediate area for a nice little XP boon... anything that gives me that quick burst of 3000-6000 XP keeps me playing longer.

Though I have kind of enjoyed my days spent in Felstone Field, massacreing Deddiez :rotflmao:

Not enough quests and experience from the Bulwark? :D

I blew through 56 from that place because of those cauldron quests...the experience rewards from those alone were awesome! Plus if you're rested, double exp till you blow through that. WPL and EPL have a lot of quests that are worth a lot of exp, plus the AD faction increase, and every turn in of scourge stones is a small amount of exp (like what you were referring too from DAoC). Just grind the creeps at the farm on the far Eastern side of WPL close to the border...they'll drop invader scourge stones, cash, rune cloth and occasionally green and blue items...You gain exp, faction, and money quickly there during the mid to upper 50's. :)