IMPORTANT NEWS!!!!!!

Altarial

I'm sorry to have to tell everyone this, but I had to cancel my EQ account today. The account had been hacked by an unknown person. This person changed the original credit card info, and it is that original credit card info I would have needed in order to get the account back. There was nothing I could do other than to cancel the account. I'm sorry to have to tell everyone this.

As for Mystic Legions, I, of course, was not able to transfer leadership before I cancelled my account. The current officers can still add new members, but I am not sure if there is a way to contact GMs within the game to transfer leadership without my infomation. The problem is I don't know what that hacker changed my password to, so there is no way I could petition or anthing for you all.

I always try to look on the brighter side of things. My friend, Kageto, has an extra copy of EQ2 (don't ask how, he just does). I am not going to try to start EQ2 until I know this problem with the hacker is over, though. I will still be on the boards and on IMs and anyone is free to chat or email me at anytime. I hope to see you all in Norrath soon, but in a special Altarial 2.0 form :)

For those who read this, please tell the guildies who don't visit the boards. Make sure they know that this was unavoidable and I am very hurt by it. I'm thankful we have this messageboard so we can still maintain our community, but I will miss my Altarial and my guild and ah geez I got tears in my eyes now :)

I will miss playing with you all so much.

1. Hacking an account is a crime and can be reported to the authorities.

2. Contact Sony, tell them that your account has been hacked. They should tell you what to do. If not.. then SOE is a the kind of company I always took them for.

2. Contact Sony, tell them that your account has been hacked. They should tell you what to do.

WAHHHHHHH

:):):cry:

Well, pursue this with Sony Alta. Either see if there is recourse for you and also what we as officers can do to protect the guild. Obviously, Your account is critical to the guild life because now that person has controls on the guild. See if Sony can assign Rumblebore the leadership while you pursue getting it back or whatever.

I cancelled my account, so the only way this person can log on to mess with the guild would be to use his or her credit card to pay, which I doubt a hacker would do. I talked with Evillien already to see if he could petition in game to a GM to see if they are able to transfer leadership that way. Say that your current guild leader had to cancel her account and see what they can do. If they are unable to do anything then I'll call up SOE again and see if they can do anything from there.

Balandar - the thing with my problem is that when I call they don't know me from anyone else. The hacker changed my account info... changed my email to his/hers and changed the original credit card info to some bogus number. I have all my CD keys and my credit card shows up there as being the current one, but to Sony if I can't produce the original info then I can't get them to give me a new password. An old guild leader of mine (Eldoran) helped me out some last night and called up Sony.. he said what they were telling me is a load of poo and told me to call them up again and to speak with the highest supervisor I am allowed to talk to. So, that's what I will be trying to do on my next day off, Tuesday, because to get through to Sony you gotta have a LOT of spare time. I had to call 4 times yesterday and each time it took about 20+ min to get through. And their hours are PST, so they are pretty inconvenient for someone like me who works 8 hour evening shifts on EST time.

Anyway, I will still try to get my account back, but I honestly feel pretty doubtful it will work. But if Eldoran says there is hope, then I'll trust him and try again. In the mean time, 2 old friends who haven't played since the summer, but have active accounts til the beginning of the year have said I could use their accounts if I wanted - Ensf and Eurekaa. So maybe I'll pop in as one of them tonight.

I didnt know a person could change the original credit card number because then it wouldnt be the "Original" it would be a new number if sony lets ppl chnage the Original number that is stupid because the only person that would want to change that info would be a hacker and not the real owner of the account so i do not understand why sony would let ppl change that info cause if they didnt it would help sony find the real owner of a account

Alta, Meiffo is still active and if you want to still play a cleric hes available. All you have to do is get ahold of Nithis and get the account from him(hes taking care of it for me). I have no intentions of playing EQ again and dont wanna see all my hard work goto waste.

good luck with SoE, I hope you get alta back but, if not, theres always the little halfling that could.

PS.. the profile is upto date so you can check him out if ya want

The hacker might try to sell the account for profit.

You should absolutely contact Sony as well as your local police. Internet crime such as this carries heavy penalties (you may say its just a game but crime is crime). Don't forget this guy now has your real name and billing address. Identity theft is easy once they have such things. You should absolutely follow things through and nail the guy. He will lose his computers be heavily fined and can even serve time.

Definitely contact SOE - they should be able to resolve it. Had a friend who had his account hacked and stolen in SWG (had a Jedi on this account) and he was able to recover it the following day after contacting them with no problem. So please don't give up hope!

I got my account back!!!! My ex-bf called Sony today for me, and since his name is the original owner they were able to reset my password. They still tried to give him a hard time, but he was able to provide all the original info so it worked out! Unfortunately all of my money and a bunch of my gear was stolen, but that can all be gotten back easily enough. I petitioned to the GMs in game, so hopefully my gear can be returned. Now all that's left to do is change my sig pic, but that'll be done tomorrow ;) Happy Altarial :D:D:D:D

No one owes me anything (except Rummy, hehe). I'm just glad to have my girls back and I will work on getting them re-equipped in time. Luckily the majority the things on Altarial were No Drop, so only her face, neck, gloves and a ring were taken. I already bought a new ring (found one that was an upgrade for a good price!) and I have old gear to fill in the neck and gloves for the time being. I'm just happy to be able to play a girl again! Playing those guys was ok, but no cross-dressing for me anymore please hehe. I still have access to Eurekaa if we ever need KEI or something for raids and I still have access to Ensf, but I don't really care much for playing a warrior :axes: :axe2: :bow: :viking: :knight: ;)

He's 65. He has approx 7100 hps with virtue on and like 1299 ac hehe. Altarial still has (well had) more AC though! I just didn't really have much fun playing him.. I like casting spells. I was really getting the hang of playing Eurekaa, so if we ever need me to 2 box him, I could do that now.

Archived