Warning

*Kodoz realizes that the necessary people have gone to the necessary places. He does not feel he should even chance insulting them by showing up, lest they think he thinks them incompetent. No, Kodoz can think of but one thing. To stay by Steel's side, like he always did in battle. Steel was not merely a superior officer, a great warrior, or a genius tactician. He was also Kodoz' best true friend. Kodoz could never repay that, nor repay the countless debts he owed. Kodoz merely stayed with Steel, sitting on the floor practicing his bandaging skills by wounding his hand over and over and repeatedly dressing the wound. He did this to distract himself from the fact that Steel was dead, gone, and that he had not been able to save him. The pain in his hand was nothing compared to the pain of his heart. Kodoz would turn at the slightest sound that was out of place, shadow that was cast, and footstep he heard. Kodoz would not allow anything else to happen to Steel, still thinking there was some way to save him yet. Kodoz didn't know himself if he actually thought it was a possibility worth thinking of or if he was hoping in vain, and only time would tell. Kodoz knew he had failed his friend however, and that thought would most likely haunt him forever...*

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Kodoz was now staring intently at the small cracks he had made in the wall. Then it hit him. Steel wasn't the only one lost. He had almost forgotten about Emperor Logan and Rico. Torn in indecision, Kodoz was totally dumbfounded. He could stay with Steel, he could guard Rico, or search for Logan. Kodoz knew in his head that he had to either choose to stay with Rico or find Logan as he could do no more good for Steel in any way. He almost smiled when the thought that he might cave in the wall and endanger Steel even more came to his head, but he couldn't bring himself to smile in such dire straits. He knew that the chances that he could help Rico when he couldn't help Steel were slim, but finding Logan in the four Facets and their vast expanses was far less likely to happen. Torn between protecting the one he was able to, searching for he who he swore allegiance to, and remaining with his best friend, he knew what he had to do. Kodoz stood to go and realized hed been sitting there hours. He'd never lost track of time before. Shaking his head, he glanced at Steel one more time, and with the most effort he'd ever put into anything in his life, walked out the door to find Rico, and hopefully keep him from his pronounced fate. As Kodoz got on his mount, he turned and saw Steel's mount, clenched his teeth, and hurled his short spear. It hit the ground and buried itself to the hilt. Kodoz pulled it out and went to find Rico.*

*Returning from a long voyage to strange and mystical lands Lord Brightblade crossed the threshold of Olympus. Upon his entry a lone sentry could over hear the words uttered and see the grim fury that flashed upon the old mans face*

"So the ones who raped my mother and layed the seed which would become me have come out of their caves and spilled the blood of the Guardians.....May the Gods have pity on thier twisted dark souls for I shall not."

*With that the ground trembled and fire burst from Brightblade's body enveloping the meeting hall. As swiftly as he had come he was gone leaving the chared remains of the benches behind. The sentry then returned to his post anxiously awaiting his replacement hoping none would notice the urine stained breeches he was wearing*

Hudson after spending an unrestful nite.Thinks maybe he should have had Kaatya pack his pack, seems not only having wrinkled hands , he has a wrinkled mind.Having forgot to pack Flint for a fire or even a blanket to keep warm with.

His praying to the ancients of PGoH and to the Gods have brought no answers as of yet.

He shall maintain his vigil in hopes of answers

Hudson suddenly feels a warmth, apresence, seeing nothing he wonder what? where is this wramth coming from?Then it comes to him it is the warmth of "The Family"surrounding him.He feels many Guardians who have been away coming back.Then he hears the words"All these troubles will come to pass.In our time,not nessarlly when you want it to happen."

"Keep your faith in us we are always here ."

Earwen walks out of the dark dungeon into the falling snow wondering how long she had been away studying the long dead souls that still walk this land. A pigeon lands on her shoulder bearing a note from the Senate. Slowly reading the note tears start to roll down her cheeks as she learns that her good friend has departed these lands. After several moments she is able to finish reading the note and the anger starts to build within as she learns of the evil that has attacked the Guardians. Earwen remembers hearing of a hidden entrance into the spirit world and the possible location from an ancient liche lord she had made contact with during her studies of the dark arts. She swiftly writes a note to the Senate and sends it on it's way. As Earwen takes one last look at the falling snow she whispers "Steel my friend you will not walk the spirit world alone."

Pushing her hair out of her eyes yet again, rubbing a dirty hand across her eyes, Leah's thoughts once again turn to the Emperor, Steel and Rico. Pausing yet again, for what must be the hundreth time, she whispers a prayer to the Gods for them all. She has set herself to the simple, physical task of cleaning , sorting and generally just pushing furniture and trunks around in a effort to keep frustration at bay. Frustration at her own weakness and inabilties. Fustration at her helplessness in these troubled times. Cursing yet again, she turns to her task, trying to escape from the thoughts that torment her. Steels name keep echoing in her mind. She jumps in fear when from the corner of her eye, she sees the pigeon land lightly on the window sill. Slowly she reaches for the note on its leg. Without even reading it she knows what it says. Clutching the crumpled paper to her heart, she lets the tears flow freely with no desire to hold them back now. Curled tightly on the cold stone floor she lets the pain wash over and thru her. She cries until no more tears will flow. She sits in the dark till the light of rage starts to burn in the place where her heart once beat in her chest. Crawling across the floor, she digs thru a dusty chest till she find the red armor and blood red dress. Slowly she removes the blue colors that she loves so well, and replaces them all with red. The red of rage and blood. The red that will flow, hers or drow, it no longer matters. The red she vows she will wear till vengence has been taken, or till she dies trying.

SORRY

I am sorry I have failed in my mission to gain release of of our brothers. After offing much to the DER for there return, and DEr being un fairly stubbon in relasing them, in fact they never said what they wanted.They di agree to relase Rico only for my attemps if i left the gifts .(ransome) I explained to them gifts were for both!!! To which they laughed,seeing i was geeting no where .We left, was both or none!!!Prepare yourselves brothers and sisters

sorry again Oberon

Carefully folding his Kights sash ,kilt and apron,Hudson also removes his guild title display.Kaatya Asks"WHAT ARE YOU DOING OLD MAN?"Hudson explains, HE WILL LEAVE HIS FATE IN THE HANDS OF THE GUARDIANS, AS IT WAS HE WHO 1ST VOUCHED FOR THE der "DARK ONE" ,Morganna, on her 1st apperance at Oylmpus.I feel I am the who caused all this woe, for if it was not for me, the gaurgians would have been more leery!!! I was decived, but still blame myself for this!!!I am not sure I deserve to wear the colors of the Empire!

She sits back and watches in the pool as the mists clear...

Siyo rivven...dos oolos....dos inbal fallen wund ussta golhyrr...Plynn crup pholor yourselves, ragar l' turmoil wund lu' ori'gato ol elgg dos...dos zhahen yibin...'zil yibin 'zil l' t'puuli haired uss nindel udos mir

She thinks back to the events that have unfolded...smirking to herself as her mind races over them...

Nindel wael, Isabelle, lu' ilta abbil..nindel darthirii...nind jivvuln ditronw wund ussta rahi...xuileb tangis' zhaunl nind zhahen tluin controlled...siyo...lu' nin nind crup nintan whol ninta houj

She laughs hysterically at the thoughts as she continues to watch the reflections being shown to her. She hears screams of torment coming from the dungeon...Blinky is playing again with the white haired one...and smiles slightly...her talons extending a bit as she plays with the skin that fell from the visitor last night...the visitor, she remembers, that gave her an ultimatum.

Ol orn'la kluth Preatorian Perfect...nindel dos hojjau 'sohna...udossta ka'lith orn naut elamshinae dos jalbyr tangi

Translation to English, as best I can determine:

Yes humans you fools you have fallen into my trap. Take blame on yourselves. Discover the turmoil within and let it destroy you. You were weak the white haired one that we hold.

That fool, Isabelle, and her comrade, that elf, they played right into my hands without even knowing they were being controlled. Yes and now they blame themselves for their failure.

It would seem Praetorian Prefect that you failed. Our mercy will not favor you another day.

(OOC: Comments moved to another thread under UO Discussions.)

Edited by Kaatya

*As Kodoz thought about the events of the past few weeks he couldnt help but wonder. Could he have done anything, anything to change what happened? He knew he wasn't responsible for what happened in his head, but his heart wouldn't believe that. He knew what he had to do. Steel and Logan had laid their lives on the line for him on multiple occasions. It was time to return the favor. Kodoz went off in search of Oberon, to consult him. Kodoz had to see if the Drow would consider a trade, Decurion for Senator and Emperor. Kodoz believed that after the deal was done he would find a way to escape, but even if he couldn't, the Emperor and Steel wouldn't rest until they had freed him. He had run out of ideas, so it was time to try his last one. He attached a note to a pigeon asking to meet with Oberon. As he did so he began hiding his weapons on his person, taking great care to hide his Chivalry book and his poisoned dagger inside the lining of his cape.*

Oberon *returns Kodoz's pigeion* a note attached

The drow will trade no one for our Emperor or Rico, and as far as Steel goes , they do not hold him!!Steel's soul is in the controll of their godess " the spider queen"Lolth.I have no idea how to wrest his soul from her.*frowns*

The clan was gathered...awaiting that fool's return. The Preatorian said he would return...his ultimatum would be answered this moon. Suddenly a mist formed outside her home and she sees the young drow, Vierna, falling onto the grass. She laughs to herself, "that foolish child, allowing herself to be caught."

Suddenly he appears in the mist as well. The Preatorian from the other night. A smile forms upon her face as she motions to the others, "He has come."

Marcas drags the unconscious drow to the house, speaks in his filthy tongue of her demise. Vierna has been poisoned, her ear half gone, and unless the Emporer is returned she will become human in 2 days time.

Morganna felt the heat of his words upon her skin as his mind conjured the arcanne spells, the warriors seeing the flames openly attacked and maimed him. Morganna relished in the sight of seeing him fall as she slumped to the ground unconscious.

When she awoke her Ilharess informed her that the Preatorian retreated in defeat this moon...but vowed to return yet again...with Vierna's cure...in exchange for his Emporer...The council formed for session to discuss these events...Tebryn began working on potions to counteract the poison flowing in Vierna's veins...perhaps he shall succeed...only time will tell

*Kodoz recieves Oberons pigeon, and hastily scribbles another note attached to it. The note reads 'If they will not trade, perhaps they will contest. Ask them for a competition. A battle competition. If we win, they return the Emperor and Rico, and they take us to the spider queen. If we lose, they get my body and soul and any items they desire that I or any others in PGoH are willing to offer. Also they get the cure to Marcas poison if Marcas will agree. I say we send four combatants, Marcas, Myself, and two others. Or at least ask if I can speak with the spider queen through a mediator to ask of her certain questions.' The pigeon hurriedly flies with all haste to Oberon.*

Edited by kodoz

*Kodoz heard from Oberon that there is still hope. Carrying a bag of gold, some valuables and his armor, he sets off to get information on this so called goddess of good, for he might still be able to save Steel and Logan.*

The war council has been held , tactics have been discussed, recon missions have been run.

We know where our brethren are being held, We know the guards will be many, But we strike tonight.

To long have we been with out our Brother Rico and Emperor Logan, Tonight we got to free them and enact vengeance for what was done to our dearly departed Steel.

Who will join me, Akroma, in what should be our finest hour to rescue those who have been lost? Who will join me to spill the blood of those who poisoned our Senator of War? Who will join me in upholding what we were built on, Strength and HONOR?

Tonight at 7pm by the eastern skies we go to do these things. Let us prepare for war and show the DeR what it means to be a Purple Guardian of HONOR.

PS: We will be meeting at approx. 6:30 to discusss a battle plan.

After emerging from the swirling mists the Stag that Cheblis was following promtly disappeared. In it's place hovered a magnificent creature aloft on wings of pure light. He spoke to Cheblis, but not in words, more in thought. The feelings of agony and despair washed over him. This demigod was angered, saddened, vengeful. The destruction of his people, his pets, his friends. He had tricked Cheblis into coming, for he knew him to be a powerful leader among those humans that use his pets for their whims. "This will be my stand, I will hold you to draw them here, to vanquish them. Let them come to find you, they will find their demise!" He then waved a hand and Cheblis became encased in a token, which the Lord tossed into his pack. He knew they would come for him, and he would have his revenge!

• 2 weeks later...

Maven uth Mateur, sat quietly in his new chambers at Fortress Olympus. Gently, he gathered, sorted, and organized his brother’s belongings. Each item bringing to his mind, some memory or recollection of events. Some brought a smile to his face while others a tear to his eyes.

Through the actions of the Legion, the Empire was once again whole.

The Emperor, although shaken and perhaps affected in ways that he would ever remember, had returned to them. Time would tell if his ordeal, enduring the Drows sweet mercies, would have a long term affect upon him psychically or mentally.

For Maven, the Empire was not the only thing to be made whole again. With the death of Steel the DarKnight family had returned together to mourn, old scores and grievances had been settled or forgotten, and for some new paths may very well lie ahead.

Maven, Raven, Silver, Verite, and Val would all gather together this eve to lay their brother to rest.

Verite, whom had served as a mercenary all his life far removed from his kin, seemed the most affected by Steels death. Tearfully he swore to his brothers that he would start anew and seek to walk the path of righteousness. Time would tell, when the mourning past, if the lure of gold and fame had truly left his spirit.

Raven, who had traveled the land almost whimsically had seemed to gain purpose. For him he would no longer travel the lands singing tales of others adventures. He would, he proclaimed, make his own tales. No longer would the fate of Sosaria be left to others to guard.

Silver, had remained ever cold and distant since his brothers loss. Late into the night he could be heard working in his shop. The sound of his hammer ringing constantly through the eve.

Val, the youngest of the brothers, worked to complete his training in the art of battle. Within him could be seen a new passion and fire. No longer would his elder brother be his mentor. His future, no longer certain, was his own to forge. With this loss, he had gained motivation and determination.

I myself, he pondered, must walk a new path. For most of his life, he had lived carefree. Although a member of the Legion, he had never in the past concerned himself with politics of the realms, nor the matters of military order. Those matters were left with others more senior then himself. Now, he thought, those very burdens are mine to bear.

For the Empire as a whole, a transition would need to take place; those whom had followed would now be needed to lead. New recruits would come, and the Empire would continue to grow. But a solid foundation would need to be formed for the current success to be continued.

Wiping a tear from his eye, Maven completed his grim work. Only one last task remained before him, and as such it was the one he most dreaded, to bring his brothers body to his place of final rest.

Maven proceeded slowly to the highest tower of Olympus were Steel had been laid in state. His body had been magically sealed and preserved so that the affects of time and decay would not have an effect upon his now lifeless form. It was mentioned by some that a grand tomb should be erected to house his body as a symbol of the Empire and the Legion. A lesson of sacrifice for the greater good of all.

Maven looked downward, Steel would have never approved for such to be done.

Pausing outside the door to the mausoleum, Maven took a deep breath. To this point, he had avoided viewing Steels body for fear of showing fear and sadness at the time strength was what was needed. He wasn’t sure if he would react any better now that some time had passed.

Taking another breath, he opened the door.

That breath suddenly rushed from his body as a loud yell came from his lips. Almost falling he grasped the side of the doorway and hunched over, his eyes spread wide in shock, as he looked into the shadowy room.

Steels body was no were to be seen…..

Within Olympus a shadowy form paced the ancient hallways. For it, time was eternal, but its time within this realm was short. Much it had to finish before it departed.

Over the course of the past weeks, it had inhabited the ancient citadel unbeknownst to those whom gathered within. It had watched the initial confusion and shock that came with the capture of the Emperor and the loss of the Senator of War.

It had also watched as the Legion, galvanized to action by those losses, mustered itself for war. The shadowy form’s silent voice spoke to those within the ranks, mustering their confidences when it failed them, guiding them when they seemed lost.

Through the Legions actions, it had watched as the Emperor was recovered.

On this day the Guardians had gathered, as was their tradition, to discuss those events. The conflict of the drow was at an end. But many troubling questions remained to be answered. The whispery form watched, just as it had over the course of the past weeks.

Several Guardians rose to speak and to promote their ideas for the future of the empire. To answer the questions that remained opened.

Noticing the brave Dragoon maiden Akroma sitting to the front, silent, it pressed forward to stand beside her. She appeared to just barely be listening to those whom spoke, engaged in her own thoughts. The shadowy form gazed fondly down upon her and kneeled. Its ghostly mouth moving slowly in words only she could hear.

Akroma’s eyes, having been focused downward, rose to view the empty chairs before her. It all seemed clear to her now, she knew what she needed to do.

“Senator Lora, if I may speak?” Akroma spoke with a waving and raised arm.

“I would like to motion that……………”

Silent and unseen, the shadowy form again moved towards the back of the chamber. As it reached the back of the chamber a large, dark gate opened. Steel DarKnight’s time here was at an end

Before walking through, Steel turned back once and looked over the Legion.

“Look towards the leafless trees of Trinsic, There you shall find what you seek, in the appointed hour.”

*The End*

Edited by Steel DarKnight

trudges through the leafless trees, hopeing to find a sign.Alas no sign yet , *sighs*thinks it must not be the appointed hour.*thinks what will the sign be?*perhaps the white stag?perhaps nothing so obvious?*rolls out his bed roll* tired exhausted* falls into a deep sleep,*hoping something in his dreams will show him the way*

AcKK

Awakes with a start!!! some one is kicking him yelling."GET UP OLD MAN!!!!" Oh gezzzzzz is only Kaatya , who is out also searching.

Dang you woman good way to die!! Waking a man from his sleep.

Edited by whiterabbit

*Kodoz, with tears in his eyes, removed his helmet and stepped to the door of the mausoleum. He knew that if he saw Steels body laying there, it would be the end of his hope. Kodoz was unsure if he could take it. He took a deep breath, looked to the heavens for a sign, and walked in. He held his head down, wearing his death shroud and removed his sandals as he entered. He brought items that Steel had given him to inter with him. His first shield, his original sword. His first battle scarred set of armor. And of course, a whispering rose. As he finally raised his eyes to the place the body laid, he dropped everything and shouted. The body was gone! There was still hope! Kodoz wiped the tears from his eyes and ran as fast as he could outside to go to trinsic, forgetting his sandals and his items in his joyful rush. Steel had to be alive, else his body would be here! At least his heart told him that. His brain had a thousand other possibilities, but his heart would rather believe a lie than believe he was dead. As he leapt atop his mount he cast 'Sanctum Viatas' and was on his way to trinsic, Felucca....*