Help save Britannia

Chris

Prices have gone up... Game quality / features have not....

People are leaving... The end is truly here...

UNLESS.. OSI can be convinced to put the customers first.

I ask that all members of PGoH as well as anyone else who sees this please sign this petition and pass the link on to everyone you know.

I hope and pray that they'll listen.

I signed it, but I dont see it helping unfortunately. I know i for one am very very close to giving up on them. Thinking it over now, but you all will be the first to know which side of the fence I fall on.

I too am begining to loose faith. I have supported their money grubbing ways for too long. When 30$ expansions became a normal thing, I told myself it was to fund their development. When the Lake Austin/Advanced Charicters fiasco occured I continued my mantra... "To help UO Survive." Heck, when TRAMMLE came out and litterally destroyed dozens of years old player communities, I allowed them to justify it by catering to a player base different from mine. But this is the final straw.

UO has been 9.95$ for 6 years now, and nobody has ever questioned it. Even as service and features became a thing of the past, I still paid. Now they expect me to pay even more then I ever have for less then I have ever received? Its Ludacris. Not only does this guarentee my departure in a short period of time, it makes me ultimatly confident that I will NEVER play UOX, even is it turns out to be the greatest MMORPG of all time. UO is no longer the dream that it was so many years ago, it has slowly decayed into a corperate dungheap that continues to exist out of habit alone.

This guild has kept me in the game for over a year now, it and it alone was the reason I constantly returned dispite the fact that simple gameplay drove me great levels of anger. I probably have less then a month left for UO, as I refuse to pay yet more of my very hard earned money in order to fund another game that will recycle this vicious circle. I will continue to play MMORPG's, and no I dont know which one. I will be around and very active until the day before I am billed this new fee, at which point I will simply cancle my account. It crossed my mind to sell the account or my tower or my rares, but I have decided against it. That would simply make me nothing more then what OSI has become.

I apologize for the rant, but simply put this is as far down this pit that UO has become that I am willing to fall.

After reading this and finding out about this change, I belive my time in UO is also over. I've stuck with them this long but I am not paying $13 for this game, nor will I pay a lump sum of $60 just to maintain my normal rate.

my god people look else where, other games are being released better then uo, they think that they can charge for the people that have been playing forever, well i say f them, im moving on

hers the thing though, what other MMORPG offers monthly service less than 12.99 now. Not that Im not pissed, I just did some research and didnt find a single one thats not 12.99. Granted the bugs are aloof but SB is the newst one i know of and they have more probs than we do. Also I dnot want to give up all the time I spent creating in this realm to go start all over again.

I urge to everyone to in a manner of speaking keep the faith. Now i have not been with the game as long as most i will keep going and will keep this guild going even if im the only one left. Please reconsider your decisions, but decide in your personal best option. Its your decision, but dont make one you will regret later. Talk to me via pigeon if you are having problems deciding. I may be able to lend a sympathetic ear or add advice, but if your problems are never mentioned, how can it be solved? thank you for your time dear friends

My biggest problem with prepaying is this: (if it has changed, someone tell me)

All other MMORPGs I have prepayed for like they are asking for to do in UO (DAoC, E&B) all have the same price and plan, but they have ONE major thing going for them. Lets say for arguements sake I got billed for my DAoC account on the 15th of this month (I prepayed 3 months). If i go and cancel my subscription, I am able to play until until August 15th (3 months from now) because that is what I paid for and was credited. Same for E&B. Now the last time I canceled my UO account (when I moved) as soon as it was closed, I was no longer able to log on, even though I should STILL have had credit.

Now if this has changed, it is news to me. This is why I don't want to prepay $60 for an old, buggy game.

It hasnt changed. If you pay for amonth today and cancel tomorrow, you cannot log in tomorrow night. I know this from experience. They wouldnt give me the credit back or a refund when I called either, even tho it showed that I canceled the day after I paid for a month (I didnt want recurring billing on the card I used) which is pretty lousy.

I have come to the decision that I will not be letting them hit my card any longer. I am due to renew in about a week, so I will be getting with some of you to pass on my home in the city and many items that can still serve the Empire.

Guest Charlie

To me $3 is no big deal.i for one enjoy UO alot,i enjoy my friends i have made,and the game is just fun to me.I wish no change to another game,i dont care about 3D or cooler characters or badder weapons...whatever.UO is perfect for me,Ive stuck through alot of lag with AoS and arguments with my hubby beacuse of the game,why would i leave because of 3 dollars...you can bearely buy a hamburger and a soda with that anymore anyway...id rather have fun.

I have friends like Elathiel,Kodoz,Ballyn,Akroma,Don Makaveli,Blademaster,Doddz(sometimes),Lantris Savair,...and so on.They or you are all real people that i care alot about and if it wasnt for UO i wuold have never met any of them,except Blade. Im happy with UO ,its my dungeons and Dragons that i dont have to take hours to figure out how to play for 5 yrs before i can start it...:laugh:

Enjoy UO remember it is for fun:) :D

right now I am undecided on if i want to leave or not, I am seeing how shadowbane treats me right now and if i enjoy that more than uo i may have to leave

I'm not going anywhere either. I know I haven't been that active but that is due to my work schedule. Starting this weekend I will be around more since I'm going back to day shift.

:laugh: I agree i am not leaving this game at all i love it too much work too hard on it and have 3 accounts with 15 char's heck i am just now fixing to get my first mare in the next few weeks, Bah with leaving i have a few good friends *winks at Lukkan and Earwen and others* and i love being around them when i am able to be online because of my work killing me but heck 3 $ ain't much hehe ciggs cost more than that lol well the premium brands do and heck this is a premium game to me!

OK here's the scoop, I am going to stick around and play UO.

I was treated very badly by a couple of Gamemasters and had thoughts of quitting when the price hike was announced. I have since that time stopped worrying about all the politics of the guild and UO and gotten back to doing what I love most

Having a good time with friends!

When you go out adventuring and really intend on having a good time it makes all the bad stuff that happens in UO disappear at least for a little while Heh.

For all of those heading to other realms I wish you luck.

For all of us staying here in UO lets get back to making this guild the best in the land.

Honor and Strength

Good Luck to all!

I have already told a few people this, but I will now make it publicly known to all.

I will be remaining with OU for at LEAST another 6 months or so, and will continue to give this guild my 100% any time I can. Around Nov Dec, barring any issues, I will be moving to Istaria (horizons) and attempting to found a chapter of our guild there. I will give this about a month to see if its worth the effort, and if it is I will close my UO accounts. ALl of my possesions (including the tower) will be given to the guild without hesitation. I had entertained thoughts of selling them all but decided that I dont want anyone benefiting from my hard work when they have done nothing to diserve it. I will then hand over my account name and password to leadership for them to do with as they please.

Keep in mind folks that this leaves plenty of time even if the game ships on schedual, and I cant remember the last time a MMORPG shiped on time, as much as any game for that matter. So unfortuanatly you will all have to put up with me for some time to come. *chuckles*

See you on the inside.

After a few discussions with a few different people, I've decided to remain ... for now. I guess I'm not ready to throw nearly 4 years of work down the pipe like that. I'll figure out something to keep my acct going, even if it is for a frickin' $60 up front.