Ultima: Legends of Honor

Coldren

With all the games being translated into movies, why has UO been left out?

Wouldn't it be really cool if we could write a movie based on the Orc/Savage senario and PGoH's envolvment on the Catskills shard? (Catchy title too, huh? :D )

Think about it:

A story about our raid on the orc fort in retailation for the orcish attack on the ciy of cove.. Told from the viewpoint of your's truly, of course. ^_^

It would be like the movie Gladiator, only with mages and more fantastic creatures. We have an emperor who we obey (Borg would probably have to change his name to something similar in the movie, and we'd make greg the prince to keep it grounded) and legions with our current members (at least in namesake) as key personnel in the Empire. Hell, we could even get Garriot to play a cameo as Lord British himself! Or even Starr (the head producer of the Ultima series) to play Blackthorne!

It would start in Trinsic with the Cohort leaders in the PGoH quater of Trinsic, with us in a pub ( a few facts are going to be fudged, can't help it.. it's a movie after all) and we hear of the raid from a guy who comes running in who has been badly wounded..we of course send our army to Cove to rid the city of the raiders, but decide after time we must get he cooperation of other warring empires in the relm to support us in a raid on the main home of the Orcs (Fort or not, who knows).  Think of the cool betrayals and spy stuff we could throw in with that!!! Only thing is we find out our raid causes the appearance of savages from the forsets north of Vesper to decide to occupy the old home of the extinct orcs.

That's just a brief rundown.. I'm seriously considering writting a script for this (I am also a writter as well as a programmer..had a few pieces published). I also had other titles in mind like Ultima Legends: The Fall of Cove. This would allow for more movies based on the game should the movie be a hit...Certainly would be better story based on a game then Tomb Raider.

What do you all think?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow sounds cool, Id like to see it and I know im not the only thinking this, so im gonna go ahead and ask....... If its told from your "perspective" im going to guess this movie would be in Black and White!  :p

Just kidding bud, but seriously id like to see this, great idea!

Quote from Kalinaf, posted on

If its told from your "perspective" im going to guess this movie would be in Black and White!  :p

Hate you... Hate you.... Hate you.... Hate you... Hate you so baaaaaaadddddd........ :D ( I know it's a joke, so it's all good my friend)

Actually, believe it or not, I was one of the few that DID NOT die throughout that raid on the Orc fort with VK and GOL... You see, I was with some GLADIATORS at the time ( Drakon and Ansara) and as we KNOW how to heal each other and keep each other alive, only Ansara died cause she ran WAAAAYYY too far ahead of us.

As for you SUIN (:D ) you have no right to laugh! Half the times I'm seeing black and white are because YOU shot me in the back with an arrow when I'm down to 3 HP or you refuse to heal me :p  And might I add you were not even at this rade so :p :p :p :p :p

:D

Quote from Prometheus, posted on

Bah, you people are forgetting the ever important task of CASTING. Who would play you, Coldren? Hrmmm?

Ok, smartalec.. Here's the cast:

Borg - Anthony Hopkins (ever seen Titus?) or Sean Connery

Greg - That guy who played Commetus in Gladiator

Balandar - Tim Robbins (Damn good actor)

Wolf - Gerard De Pardu (The nose... hehehehe)

Martok - Steve Buchemi (need him for those smart@$$ remarks Tok is famous for)

Ser Brightblade - Jon Cussack ( I just like him..he's gotta go in somewhere)

And finally the role of Coldren goes to Russell Crowe... I think it's rather fitting that the Gladiator from Gladiator play a Gladiator Centurion. :D

Hmmm, I was gonna say Sean Connery for Greg ;)  

Playing the Praetorian Prometheus would be .... Sam Neil

And Shal would definately be played by Heather Graham.

And I was thinking maybe Adam Sandler as Martok, if you want someone who always can give smartalec comments :)

Adam Sandler doesn't do good retorts... Watch Con Air or the new Final Fantasy Movie.. trust me, Buchemi is MUCH better at it... Plus he's a scrawny dude :p

And in the modified movie, Borg would still be Emperor, and Greg would be his son or heir, that's why I didn't put Sean Conery in for Greg...

As for the Pee Wee Herman crack: Go to hell! For that smartalec retort, Koopsta will be played by Meatloaf and Prom will be played by Kenny G and Shal will be played by Barbra Stricand (Damned if I can spell it).. I can think of no greater insults.. :D

Hmmm, speaking of bald, how about John Malkovich to play Kalinaf then? After seeing him in Con Air, I'd say he' be perfect for that role.

I'm still trying to think of who would play fing (gotta pick someone who would look good in a topknot first)

Quote from Lord Ser Brightblade, posted on

Still need a lady for Scout.

How about Meg Ryan? If Meg Ryan does play Lady Scout, Eastwood is out.. he's way too old. I still say Cussack for you.. Good actor and young enough to fit the part :D

BTW, just so you all know, I AM am actually beginning writting a book. I'm almost finished with the Prelude, and once it's done, i'll send the doc to whoever wants to read it. The prelude is only 4 or 5 pages, but I'm taking my time writting it to make sure it's well worded and done properly. If any of you have any professional writting experience, I would appreciate some feedback. I got some great ideas and I really think I can make this work...better than that crappy fiction that already got published....

Cross your fingers and wish me luck guys.. I'm goin for it. :D

Quote from Koopsta, posted on

he rocks in all his movies... cept grease...

Battlefield Earth also kinda ruined my taste for him.. Although he did kick arse in Faceoff.. Him and Nicholas Cage... Hmmm...maybe I can work the two of them in as supporting characters...