*thinks*

Chibi

I have been with guild for very long time now, i dont speak out much and cant attend many meetings due to my work and other rl things, i read about how everyone is complaining about when the last time they saw certain people at meetings and such and i just wanted to say that, people have other obligations in thier lifes, the boards are here to use as a means of comunication, use them.

As for the newcomers (by newcomers i mean people that have not been with guild for more then 6 months) its seems that everyone wants to be in command of things, power hungry, do you think PGoH would be where it is today if the leaders didnt put as much hard work into it as they have. Stop complaing and speaking negativly about others and act as you should. vote, decide and remember its not about you its about the guild as one.

BLAM! lil' man lays down the law! (I say lil' man because I always envisioned Chiop as a dwarven smith for some reason :p )

I think ALL of us (myself included) need to end all bickering and blaming about this now and focus on what lies ahead.

In my opinion the first thing we need to do is start treating this as an in character matter (we're an rp guild after all). We need to go back to being what some people lately have called a "hardcore rp guild"; the kind of guild where even if not a single one of use were to hunt or work on skills more than once a month or so we'd still have something to do. Not that Im suggesting everyone stop hunting and stuff, but a raid against a cave full of mongbats for rp reasons can be far more fun than camping Balrons for uber loot. I've known many majorly successful rp guilds where the members can be found at guild-run taverns and shops and inns and stuff on a regular basis, not because it helps them get a more powerful character to get more stuff, but because in a land such as britannia if you live out your life as you would anywhere else (eat, sleep, drink, tell stories, feed the cat, run around in circles doing a happy dance, etc.) adventure will inevitably come to you and it will be a real adventure rather than just another day of harvesting more stuff that really wont make you happy in the end. People from other guilds always seem to show up on your doorstep and add to things if it becomes known that other roleplayers will be there on a regular basis. Anyway, back to the matter of this leadership business and such. The emperor and a few other key figures are gone and there's no sign indication that they will return. What will the citizens of the empire do? Will they sit back and worry and watch things unfold? Will they give in to despair and leave to avoid seeing everything fall apart? Will they riot and burn Olympus to the ground? Or will they perhaps see the sun rise over the rooftops of Trinsic and see a bright new day full of hope and possibilities; possibilities that could bring the empire as a whole not back to its former glory but forward into a new age. This empire should be like family to everyone. There's brothers and sisters you can confide in, elders to provide comfort and encouragement when things look bleak, and that little cousin who's always doing some silly little thing that only a kid would understand the reason for. Does that carefree little goofball make you wish you were a kid again? Guess what? In Ultima Online you CAN be a kid again! This game is about far more than high skills and aquiring as much stuff as you can. This game is actually more like a canvas on which to paint our hopes and dreams and fears and those parts of ourselves that dont show themselves so much in the "real" world (would you believe I hardly talk at all in real life?) Ok, Im going to bed now. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings

Edited by Chris

Here, Here!!!! Well put both of you. I have been associated with this guild for 3 ears now, off and on, and you know what? Ive only seen Borg once, nd that was at my first stoning 3 year ago. And that has never once compromised the effectiveness of this guild. If you read the Codex, it says also that Greg is the Emperor now anyways, Borg is Pater Imperium.

I mean do you guys get mad at Pres. Bush when he doesnt show up at your barbque? How many of you have met Bush?

Its the same here. consider Borg's post as the same as a TV message from our commander in chief. Thats all we need from him. The guild is setup with LEADERS to accomplish the goals of guild.

If your a new recruit, the only person you really NEED on a day-to-day basis is your sponsr or knight anyway.

I believe Lora and Logan have really bent over backwards to satisfy the guild, and that in itself is a show of respect to our concerns. Lets respet them also and stop worrying about when we'll see Borg (hes not all that pretty anyway, hehe)

Very excellent analogy Lukkan. Couldn't have put it better myself. There is a reason we have Senators and others to help make decisions. Borg has done more behind the scense of the guild then any have done (well, maybe Balandar and Wolf are close seconds with their work on the web page :p )

As Chibi said, think about what is best for the guild as a whole, and above all, remain LOYAL to the GUILD, no matter who has the "Emperor" title above their heads.

As for the newcomers (by newcomers i mean people that have not been with guild for more then 6 months) its seems that everyone wants to be in command of things, power hungry...

I am certainly not power hungry, nor am I attempting to over throw the "government" and sneak my way into a leadership position. But obviously, I am hitting a nerve (ie thread locked because someone did like what was being said) with the firestorm Winter touched off.

We have leaders who have stepped down or "retired" still trying to control us, while they don't bother to show up for weekly meetings.

All I am asking for is accountability. Is that too much to ask for? Obviously it is.

If your a new recruit, the only person you really NEED on a day-to-day basis is your sponsr or knight anyway.

The problem I see here that that 1) I was promoted to Shadowrider Knight (still not titled as such) last week 2) my Centurion is now Winter Wind, promoted the same day. I dont know WHO my centurion was before, but the he never contacted me. There is a lack of communication. Major lack. Information is supposed to flow from the TOP down. First we don't know where the top is, and information is not reaching us through proper channels. Shoot, information isnt reaching us at all.

Edited by Linda

I dont know WHO my centurion was before, but the he never contacted me.

before you became a knight your "centurion" was Decurion Ballyn. It's all right there in the codex.

Before that Linda, the Centurion for the Shadowrider Cohort had become inactive, hence Winter's promotion :p It will all be more than fine, just give us a little time to finish getting it all straightened out.

of course this is not to say that you should onlysee your knight or your centurion, but be reasonable, some people have other things in life, and we must accept this. I will also start working far more closely with all legionnaires regardless of cohorts as i am extremely active and as some say, Generous. *blushes* I believe this is all coming to a head, but give it till Saturday, and we will begin working this out.