GAS CHAMBER

Borg

This is a lovely place that spawns dark guardians (lich type creature). As you wander in to the room, the doors will lock behind you and the dark guardians spawn. The room then fills with gas. The number of dark guardians that spawns in the room is proportionate to the number of adventurers(summoned protectorates as well) 2 spawned for each adventurer. The guardians provide necro spells, necro regeants and a few hundred gp's as loot. Only way out of the room is kill all guardians in it or die yourself. Common tactic used by mages is open door, summon some ev's then hide when guardians appear. They tend to camp this spot which is frustrating for us warrior folk trying to have fun with the room. Other than that, no other known properties that I've determined, except if you die, you and your body get teleported out to that statue in the second main room.

Actually Wolf i know of a trick for mages outside the room to open the supposedly permalock on the door and fight them. An even more interesting fact is that young players are not hurt by either the gas or targeted by the monsters before they target them. Did I mention that no monsters are able to cast any spells on young players? And in the gas room its about a 50% chance you will not enter the room, hitting an invisible and random activated teleporter to another area in the dungeon. Also, The dark guardians drop 30 DAEMON BONES EACH!!! This is how you get those bones for the quest! Just a little advice and knowledge from your adventurer/reconnaisance Warrior. Oh yea, also about the dark guardians dropping necro scrolls. They are only able to drop 5 of the 16 different necro scrolls. The 5 kinds that they can have are Lich Form, Wither, Vengeful Spirit, Poison Strike, and Strangle. Also, the monsters spawn not only 2 for every player, but also 2 for every energy vortex, pet, and blade spirits and summoned critters as well. I will show everyone this saturday the trick to open the 'permalock' doors from outside while the monsters are still alive.

I didnt mean literally invisible. I mean you have no way of telling if they are on or off, and there doesnt appear to be any teleport tiles on ground. But if you go in there, you sure as heck better be able to inviz or hide. If you dont, youll probably get screwed

I updated it earlier with everything known about it so far, except that the locked chest things will spawn in there, for thieves. dont know whats in em however.

unfortunately thats a rumor i dont think is true cuz all the weps theyve ever dropped for me are crappy. i could be wrong, but i dont think i am.

unfortunately thats a rumor i dont think is true cuz all the weps theyve ever dropped for me are crappy. i could be wrong, but i dont think i am.

Back in the pre trammel days, how many Balron's did it take before you obtained a vanquish weapon?

:smash:

I must concur with Kodoz. I spent a full day there recently and recieved squat......

The gold did add up after a time though so at least there was that.

I believe what you are thinking of Martok is the Champions that are part of The Gauntlet. Someone from OSI posted that these guys dropped some of the most powerful and rare items in game.

Correct.......it seems the Gas Chamber is a great harvesting spot for the Bone you need for the BONE DAEMON Quest which is the precursor to the GUANTLET Portion.....and that is where the uber weapon and items exist.