Wednesday Night PvP Madness!

Calendar

Hi everyone,

I hope you're all having a blast questing and exploring the new expansion. I know many of our guild members have hit level 85 already (congratulations!) and I'm sure it won't be much longer until the majority of the Clan is maxed out :yub:

So as many of you know, I retired from raid leading after WotLK and I'm not looking to get into anything overly complicated for Cataclysm. I do however have a keen interest in trying to put together some more "casual" style activities (i.e. somewhat like Kailand's old Monday Classic Runs).

More specifically, I want to try and put together a PvP night once a week. It would be totally casual, with a focus on building guild cohesion and help players get some PvP gear.

The way I want to set this up:

- There will be a calendar event from 8 to 11 server time

- Invites go out to anyone and everyone who is interested (or has in the past demonstrated an interest)

- We hit the Rated Battlegrounds and melt some alliance face!

If we don't get enough players we'll PuG it up as best we can :( and if we get too many we'll try and get two groups going.

If you are interested (even if you're not level 85 yet) and want to be on the invite list send me a shout either on the forums or in game.

Yay PvP! Yay kicking Alliance in the ballsack! Yay madness!

See you on the battlefield,

Zu

Hey Guys!!

Sign me up (although my schedule varies and I work some evenings)!! I love pvp!!

Will play as Derson, for now!! (Just hit 85)

Edited by muru

I'll start the invites after the holidays (likely the first week of January). I might start off with a guild wide invite, just as a means of getting an initial base of folks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

PvP Madness starts this coming Wednesday (January 5th) at 8pm. Don't forget to sign-up on the calendar!

The invite has gone out to all CSC guild members. If you're not a guildie but would still like to participate, send me a mail, forum msg, whisper (or whatnot) to be added to the invite list!

Fun times are coming!

Zu

• 2 weeks later...

Alright folks, I'm giving up on Rated BGs (for now)!

I've quickly come to realize that Rated BGs are to PvP what Raids are to PvE. They are simply not feasible with a group of casual players. You need dedicated, committed and geared individuals in order to get any amount of noticeable progression.

A lot of folks had joined the fray in the hopes of using the Wednesday Night PvP as a means of gearing up. Unfortunately, looks like you need to have the gear to begin with (not the other way around).

However, if...

Rated BGs are to PvP what Raids are to PvE

it would seem that

Arena is to PvP what Heroics are to PvE.

So I'll be switching my Wednesday Nights to instead focus on Arenas. My plan is to organize folks on the roster into sets of Arena teams.

Maybe 2 or 3 3v3 groups and 1 5v5, I don't know, we'll see. Small Arena teams helps folks get Conquest Pts quicker and also forces them to learn how to play with one another.

If you're still interested and will be showing up on Wednesday, be prepared to spend some time dealing with administrative stuff while we get teams organized. I also need folks to come up with some good team names :D

I will do whatever I can to get a spark of PvP life going in this guild! Hopefully folks aren't too fussy about their Arena teams.

Edited by Calendar

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

As most of you know by now, I'm putting my PvP night on hiatus. It was a fun month or so while it lasted, but truthfully it was not what I expected.

PvP requires FAR more organization and planning than I was willing to give it. In order to be moderately successful you really need people who are dedicated to gearing themselves, have PvP specs, you need a team with the right balance, etc, etc. Unfortunately, it simply does not work with random group members with variable gear levels.

I'll support anyone else trying to put something together, but since I'm not finding this fun I think I'll move on.

Thanks everyone who participated, it was great grouping with you guys.

Best of luck,

Zu