Naxxramas 10 Man Achievement Runs

Kailand

Hi,

I'm putting together a 10-man Naxxramas achievement run, starting next week on wednesday with a start time at 8:00 pm. This run is solely for the fun of obtaining the achievements. That being said, I'll take characters who are available in the time slot, not committed to a previous 10-man naxx run (on that character, alts are allowed who meet the other criteria), who are atleast heroically geared and have seen most of naxx, who have a PvE spec (or are willing to spec into one) and are confident in thier ability to stay alive. Frost resist set, of course, is a requirement for sapphiron, and usual consummables (flasks for certain achievements required). If you are that person, or know of that person, please respond to this thread or send me an ingame mail/whisper.

Full Roster:

Tank: Holyssa, Ascoli

Healers: Kadiana, Kalea, Tokane

DPS: Kailand, Jestin, Evila, Eigun

Replacements if available that night (cannot make it every night)

Baracko, Foroshell

*added kalea to the roster.

*added evila

*markenhoof removed (GF agro)

*added tokane

*added Eigun

Edited by Kailand

This run is solely for the fun of obtaining the achievements.

To make things easier for this Achievement-fest (and because Blizzard loves being too damned vague with the in-game descriptions), please read this Wowhead list of Glory of the Raider achievements, and click each one for tips and instructions.

http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=2137#.

The reward is a 310% speed plagued Proto-drake. Nothing feels more satisfying than seeing a giant diseased lizard jam-packed into your mailbox :)

Meh, sorry I'm not available for that run. Just too long of a run for week night. Would love to go though. Right now the only nights I can run late would be friday or saturday.

No problem there smed, I understand that for some, they won't be able to make the time. For those concerned about the length of time it takes, I expect that the run will take 2.5 to 3.5 hours depending on screwups/wipes (hopefully closer to 2.5 hours).

*laughs* Kalea, you responded just as I did. We would be glad to have you... 3 healers will make a few of the achievements easier, and the comedic value you will bring to the frogger boss will be worth it!

Edited by Kailand

I think the hardest one is going to be the timed Malygos one (<6 minutes), but I look forward to doing this!

This run is only going to be Naxx for now. And yes, I agree, 6 min Malygos and Sarth 3D are the hardest 10 man achievements.

Your timing could not have come sooner, Kailand. Look!

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...&pageNo=1#0

When 3.1 goes live, the rewards for “Glory of the Raider” and “Heroic: Glory of the Raider” are being removed. These achievements will still be active, however, players will no longer receive the Plagued Proto-Drake or Black Proto-Drake for completing them. Similar to our decision to remove the Amani War Bear from Zul’Aman, the goal is to ensure that such mounts retain a degree of rarity in the game; and with raids progressing into Ulduar in patch 3.1, we feel obtaining the rewards for “Glory of the Raider” and “Heroic: Glory of the Raider” would be somewhat trivialized. For this reason we will be offering new fast mounts (310 speed) as rewards for completing select achievements associated with 10 and 25-player Ulduar.

Well, from a progression point it makes sense, I suppose.

Your timing could not have come sooner, Kailand. Look!

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...&pageNo=1#0

When 3.1 goes live, the rewards for “Glory of the Raider” and “Heroic: Glory of the Raider” are being removed. These achievements will still be active, however, players will no longer receive the Plagued Proto-Drake or Black Proto-Drake for completing them. Similar to our decision to remove the Amani War Bear from Zul’Aman, the goal is to ensure that such mounts retain a degree of rarity in the game; and with raids progressing into Ulduar in patch 3.1, we feel obtaining the rewards for “Glory of the Raider” and “Heroic: Glory of the Raider” would be somewhat trivialized. For this reason we will be offering new fast mounts (310 speed) as rewards for completing select achievements associated with 10 and 25-player Ulduar.

Well, from a progression point it makes sense, I suppose.

It still sucks, as most of the achievements are not gear limited (malygos 6 min, sarth 3D, and patchwerk 3 min are the only ones I can think of) but more of practice/skill limited. Anyways, I'm still looking for more DPS for this run! If you are interested or know of someone who maybe interested, PM me, post in this thread, whisper me in game, or send me an ingame mail.

We persisted and managed to get the 8 man achievements... special thanks for tokane who stepped in for 4-horseman, and to Jestin who swapped to tepheris for Kel-Thuzad (curse those frequent mini lagspikes of death). I am still looking for one more DPS (any class) for this run that can show up regularly (Wed, 8:00 pm). Next week (11th) we are going to try undying.

Kailand

Edited by Kailand

• 2 weeks later...

WE are still one DPS short for this run (any class/DPS spec), again, I would prefer people who are heroically/lvl 80 instance geared. WE are working toward undying currently (and a few other achievements). If you are interested, or know of someone who is interested, please let me know by PM or in game.

Kailand

• 2 weeks later...

We did a great job in there guys, we missed patchwerk by 3 seconds, and thaddius.... thaddius we had until people ran in to loot (no charges until 0.005 seconds before his health hit 0, but he takes 0.5 seconds to 'die' (see here http://wowwebstats.com/rldxrmyoupnqu?s=248...&bl=258381). moral of the story, do not loot the boss until you are out of combat. AS for undying... we had a splat due to heigan, and one on KT (totally preventable deaths).

We will get it next week guys!

Edited by Kailand