Battle Report And Renderings

Brave fighters gathered outside of Castle Olympus, and our group was a fearsome sight to behold. Led by Senator of Genesis Katherine Elle, the Guardians consisted of Dragoon Knight Scarst, Mighty Squirrel Keiko, Templar Knight Kang, Emperor Thom, Empress Piper, and Senator Katherine Elle. They quickly squared away the things they needed as the missive was given. This Friday, they would be delivering an Aid caravan from the city of honor to the devastated city of Britain! Britain had suffered many losses in the invasions, so the Guardians needed to help! Tonight, they were gathering one of the many supplies needed...a large amount of horned and barbed leather for making armor for the town guards and Royal Guard to help fight back! They proceeded by boat to Wyvern Island in the Lost Lands, and hundreds of the creatures were slain, to the point that our forces had to withdraw for fear of falling between their bodies and being lost forever!

hunt1.jpg

Havoc Wreaked! Only Scarst is visible above the bodies!

After the Guardians were forced to leave the island for fairer hunting grounds, they all boarded the Swampswimmer and headed out!

hunt2.jpg

One of the wyverns tried to escape with us, but was dealt with!

Katherine had been a seafarer for much of her time, so she quickly headed for the exit of the oceans in the lost lands, the legendary Serpent's Pillar. Knowing the power it had to teleport them back to an area where they could deposit the horned leather, she merely had to remember the codeword! Luckily for our heroes, the tillerman told Katherine before they were lost forever.

hunt3.jpg

Only Kang refused to heed the warning, and only Kang became seasick!

With an utterance of Sueacron, the Guardians arrived back in the ocean they knew, and headed for Serpent's Hold. Once there, a new plan of action was formed. While plenty of horned leather had been gathered, almost no barbed had! Our group of fearless crusaders quickly decided that while Destard would be a useful place, it was far too tame. Similarly, Ice dungeons white wyrms were ruled out. Whatever were they to do? Then Katherine had it! They all met at the Honesty gate, following the crazed Senator to a place she referred to as the Elemental Arena!

hunt4.jpg

The group outside of Honesty, having barely survived a Paragon Mongbat attack!

They made their way through forest and plain, through swamp and camp, fighting back creatures of enormous proportions, and also small ones too. Strange sights were seen, such as a Lizardman encampment, and a Tree that could raise the dead! Knowledge of these areas may come in handy some day! Soon, they entered the Elemental Arena, and they headed for the Dragon's hideout. The road in was filled with many paragons, but they were all dealt with too quickly to be captured by the painter accompanying them! Along the way, some people got lost, and had to be found again, as well.

hunt5.jpg

This picture is boring. I apologize.

They entered the Dragon's hideout to hear a thunderous roar! Senator Katherine nearly dropped her spear in shock as the rest of the troops quickly arrived and saw for themselves what they had worried about facing, and with more than a little hesitation, the fighters threw themselves into battle against a fierce foe!

hunt6.jpg

You can't tell, but Scarst is in the middle of those three dragons. Will he survive?!

After tense moments and more than one serious injury on the Guardians side (Which will not be named because it absolutely wasn't Katherine who got knocked over), The victor of the fight emerged, and on the ground lay the loser!

hunt7.jpg

Here, Scarst and Kang each trample a dragon with their mounts.

The fighters held their ground in the Dragon's Hideout for quite some time, gathering massive amounts of leather, gold, and jewels, which were promptly snatched up by the glitter loving squirrel! Just as the group was ready to leave, low on health, bandages, stamina, and patience, another of the mighty greater dragon paragons appeared. But after the close call at the Honesty gate with that Paragon Mongbat, our fighters knew they had nothing to fear!

hunt8.jpg

Imagine you standing on top of this paragon's corpse and screaming victory. Feels good, doesn't it?

Finally, with Victory declared and dragons vanquished, our group took the back path out of the Elemental Arena, heading through Central Dungeon and the Serpentine Passage, and then through Mistas. Luck was with our courageous group, as a passing gypsy camp provided them with a means to deposit their gains and filthy luchre!(Hey, that stuff came out of the inside of a dragon! We didn't have time to wash it and clean it, of course it's filthy!) Here, our fighters took a break, and sighed a breath of relief. They had all survived the encounter, and made it out smelling like roses! Well, it was more like dead dragons, but that's what happens sometimes.

hunt9.jpg

Our group just hopes the Gypsies don't have to have a bailout...

In the end, a very successful night of hunting, and an even greater success to add to the aid caravan! The final tally came up to an impressive amount.

hunt10.jpg

At the end of the night, they also were able to coax ten thousand more gold worth of jewels from the paws of that cunning squirrel! The final total came out to over fifty thousand gold, over 3600 horned leather, and over 700 barbed leather, with bits and pieces of incidental items along the way!

But this isn't enough barbed leather, so more hunts will be conducted! And after that, Ingots must be gathered! Let's hope the rest of the hunts go as well!

I bet Mike could've taken that paragon greater dragon solo if only Scarst had let him try!

It's not my fault The dragons couldn't kill me mike doesn't come out until I die he's like a second stage boss

I bet Mike could've taken that paragon greater dragon solo if only Scarst had let him try!

It's not my fault The dragons couldn't kill me mike doesn't come out until I die he's like a second stage boss

I'll be more than happy to keep my dragon off it so we can see next time :)

I'll be more than happy to keep my dragon off it so we can see next time :)

WOW!!!! What an awesome post!!! Wish I could have been there! I miss you all! Right now I am swamped with my classes:( But I will soon be done with my classes, I finish Unit Four tomorrow night and will be done in Unit 10. I will then have my Bachelor's Degree in Business/Accounting! Good luck with the hunt Friday! You guys are awesome!!

And this afternoon, a handful of us went to fight back the invasion in East Britain and gather hides along the way. In addition to myself, Piper, those present were Thom, Qu, and Scarst.

Oh! And let us not forget our fearless equine compatriot, the finest steed in all of Sosaria and the primary subject of my article - Mike!

brit_invasion_1.jpg

Here he can be seen bravely vanquishing an enemy lieutenant. He was sorely wounded in the conflict and was nearly beaten down, but after some prompt care from field vet Thom...

brit_invasion_2.jpg

...he was back in the ring again for another round with a little coaching from his proud master who, in no uncertain terms, assured us that Mike is "the best horse ever." Being naturally prone to skepticism, I wasn't entirely convinced of this far-fetched claim at first. The creature before us wasn't a nightmare, nor was it a ki-rin or, hell, even a unicorn. And it was certainly no dread warhorse; it was just your average, run-of-the-mill domestic horse, Equus caballus.

...Or so I thought.

Needless to say, I thought wrong. Dead wrong.

You unbelievers may scoff at the notion; yes, you may think me slightly mad. But I present to you this pictorial evidence to support my case, unconventional though it may be. Perhaps you, too, will adopt my perspective once you have seen this with your own two eyes, as I have seen it with my own.

brit_invasion_3.jpg

In this true-to-life rendition of the day's events, one can clearly see an enemy general writhing in his death throes while Mike stands victorious and completely unharmed! If this fails to convince you, dear reader, then there is nothing more I can do - no plea I can utter to persuade you to the truth. You simply believe, or you don't. If it is not plain to you by now, reader, I can say assuredly that Mike is, indeed, the best horse ever.

Now convinced of this fact, I pressed on with my comrades - two- and four-legged alike - to seek out another general. After some brief reconnaissance, we found one to be taking refuge in the nearby tailor shop, of all places. Perhaps it was because she thought she would be safe from Thom's dragon indoors.

brit_invasion_4.jpg

She underestimated us, and this miscalculation resulted in her demise. But let me tell you, it is damn difficult to fit a greater dragon through a door that small. After dealing with her, we continued back to the streets and heard some townspeople shouting for help. We followed the voices to just outside the Chamber of Virtue, where the monks were doing all they could to fend off the invaders.

brit_invasion_5.jpg

...Okay, so they didn't do the best job of it, and Mike was kind of crushing a dead monk's head under his hooves, but you saw what he did to that general back there. Would you want to say something to him about it? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Finally, we finished off the two invaders in the street and went ahead into the Chamber of Virtues itself, where more lay in wait. Thom went first with his dragon while the rest of us hung back - that is, except for Mike who, as any fearless leader would, charged ahead into battle, fueled equally by adrenaline and a compulsive need for glory. I waited back with Qu by the body of our fallen adversary, contemplating Mike's daring actions and feeling more than a little humbled and ashamed that I was not as brave as he.

Then I heard a scream of sheer terror. It was Scarst! I drew my weapon, sprang through the archway into the Chamber and ran ahead of Scarst, who stood momentarily stunned, to see what was the matter. Peering past Thom, there didn't immediately appear to be anything gone so awry as to warrant such a piercing scream. Sure, there was a pile of about ten dead monks scattered all over the place, but nothing to get too upset over.

It was then that I saw it - just past the dragons, under their legs, lay the motionless body of our war hero Mike!

brit_invasion_6.jpg

Scarst and I ran to his side, our hearts skipping a beat as we feared the worst. Fortunately, closer examination revealed that Mike was still alive and breathing! He had just been toppled over and knocked unconscious by the huge dragons during the fight. He was still wounded, but thanks to some more expert care from Thom, he'll be back to his old self in no time. While Thom and Scarst tended to the injured steed, I wandered around the Chamber, admiring the scenery, what with the virtue tiles and the candelabras and the bloody corpses and everything.

brit_invasion_7.jpg

I was surprised and a little offended to be yelled at by one of the monks after I had just helped to slay the creatures that were trying to attack him. Okay, so maybe I hadn't done it in time to save his ten friends back there, but I tried. It was hard, okay! Qu thought that was a load of crap too, so she chased the guy into a corner and poked him. I just wanted to ask him what the deal was and see why he was so afraid of me, but he kept yelling at me anyway and wouldn't talk to me except to tell me to get out.

brit_invasion_8.jpg

Feeling dejected and unappreciated, as well as having been shown up by a horse, I sighed a heaving sigh of despair and recalled back to the loneliness of my house, leaving the rest of my companions to regroup without me.

((Okay so actually I had to go to class, but that doesn't sound as cool and melodramatic, does it?))