_THE_ Great Clan Skullcrusher Blizzard Authenticator Poll!

Kailand

Blizzard Authencator Poll  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lately I've read about an uptake in hacked accounts, and of course the recent chat about the Blizzard Authenticator (link here: http://www.blizzard.com/store/search.xml?q=authenticator). The authenticator is 6.50, with free shipping within the US, and you have to pay for shipping to other regions.

The authenticator is by no means a guarantee of security for your warcraft account, but it is a good measure, on top of smart browsing practices and regular security measures should make your account that much bit harder to hack. If your account has been hacked in the pass, of course before putting the authenticator onto your account, is first get your account back, change your email account password from a known safe computer or change your warcraft account email all together to a 'clean' e-mail account (this is usually the primary reason why accounts get hacked again and again, they get the new info via your e-mail account), and then change your warcraft password, also from a clean computer, then register the Authenticator for that account. There has been 'alleged' cases of hackers who still have access to your e-mail account, getting access to your wow account and having blizzard removing the authenticator, and thereby re-hacking the account.

With all this being said, are you getting one? What do you think about them? I'd like to know, and I'm sure the rest of us do to.

**edit**

I forgot to add I'm getting one for the extra peace of mind, and I am also getting one for my brother for christmas.

Edited by Kailand

I got one for Orcala and myself a day after they were available from Blizzard's online shop, and they took roughly 2 weeks to arrive. I remember these buggers being sold out for weeks due to the demand.

The extra login step may seem tedious (and have fun using it in the dark :) ), but the added sense of security is well worth every penny.

Meh. I really want one....but I can see myself out traveling with the laptop, and not taking it with me.....or losing it...or something.

Keep it on my keychain you might say.......but isnt it somewhat large? I don't like all kinds of dangly crap hanging from my keys! Just 4 keys and a beer bottle opener!

Meh. I really want one....but I can see myself out traveling with the laptop, and not taking it with me.....or losing it...or something.

Keep it on my keychain you might say.......but isnt it somewhat large? I don't like all kinds of dangly crap hanging from my keys! Just 4 keys and a beer bottle opener!

Besides, putting it on your keychain makes it look like a binky. Unlike your bottle-opener which doesn't look like a binky but is one. And it just screams addict. :)