Hyjal Run on Sunday

Jasena

After talking with Holy, we thought we may try something a bit different with the expansion comiing out. Shelah's run normally does ZA on sundays. But we thought if we got our normal runners together, and added some friends along. We may have some fun in Hyjal for a change. (This will give some new people experience. And others who play alts in Maube's run a chance to play a role they do not normally play) please message me in game, or here to be added to the list (in light of me being a "noob" and completely forgetting Kieranna had already made plans for this Sunday, we will not be able to attend this week. Hopefully this goes well enough that we can join in the fun next week)

As of this post I have

Perthes - Hunter -BM

Kazregerg - Hunter (MM) ? - possible

Gordantell - Hunter (BM)

Jiris - Disipline Priest

Braelor- Holy Priest

Lesedi- Holy Priest

Shelah - Shadow Priest

Lithola - Holy Priest

Muato - Feral Druid

Whar- Feral Druid (Courtesy of The Rouge Knights)

Clanger - Warlock

2 Warlocks - (Courtesy of The Rouge Knights)

Tanish - Warlock

Ascoli - Prot Paladin

Angerona - Prot Paladin

Nathaniel - Ret Paladin

Cresalia - Rogue

Viernedelen -Rogue

Burana - Elemental Shaman

Kleenk - Resto Shaman

1 Shaman - (Courtsey of The Rouge Knights)

Verissi- (is a maybe)

Malystryx -(spelling?) Warrior

Kargoch - Warrior (or other form as needed)

Baracko- (possible alternate IF he's online and availible)

Zuworty- (Possible alternate if online and availbile)

Harne-possible alternate

Maube was not sure if she would be able to make it if she's on, and there is a spot open, she may want to go. :o)

Edited by Jasena

I can bring kailand (still one more piece of gear that has eluded me in there), or if you don't get a Druid/warrior tank (strongly suggested for the 3rd and 4th boss due to mana drains and silences) I can bring Kargoch. I consider Kthylus undergeared for Hyjal so I'm not offering him.

I would also like to remind everyone who is going to bring thier PvP trinket, you will need it for the first and last bosses. You can now get a free one (5 min cooldown) for doing the hellfire peninsula Capture the Towers daily. Make sure you read up on the fights as there isn't anytime to relax between the trash waves and the boss, so explanations will be thin, and they all have tricks and require a high degree of situational awareness (stay out of bad ######, looking out for debuffs on yourself etc). If you find that you die alot in ZA/TK/SSC due to bad positioning and other things related to situational awareness, then you will more than likely die a lot more in hyjal so you may want to practice more at looking around more instead of focussing on wack-a-mole or dpsing (the kaelthas fight is good practice - make it a goal to not die to flame strike, or get hit by thaladred or the astromancer, as well if you are a dpsr practice swapping targets fast between the pheonix and Kaelthas when pyroblast is called while doing all of that).

The trash waves for the first two bosses is relatively easy with a paly tank and lots of AOE... just do not grab agro or you will probably die. the trash waves for the second two bosses... can well... suck.

Edited by Kailand

RAWR. Hyjal, aka the Great AoE Moshpit.

This can be a fun place if everyone reads up and performs their role properly. And as Kailand said, there is ZERO room for mistakes here, cause all it takes is one or two loose mobs or dead tanks to ruin everything.

Boss linkage & advice from Miss Holy (read or die, foo'!). Don't just accept my advice though - please read the Wiki links!

Rage Winterchill - All players need their PvP trinket for this. No excuses. The 5 minute trinket is nice, but the 2 minute one will help in case you become Rage's best buddy and wind up being the victim of multiple freezes/lockdown during Death & Decay. It's also a very generous 8000 Honor, and earns an Achievement.

Anetheron - Shadow Resist prayer should be up at all times, and make sure you run like hell to the Infernal offtank, who is typically by Jaina for the sake of getting her DPS into the groove. Otherwise, NPC damage will outlast the OT, and it could cause a potential wipe if they get to close to Anetheron.

Kaz'rogal - Any paladin should keep Judgement of Wisdom up constantly to help mana conservation. Bringing at least 3-4 mana pots if you're new to the fight is a huge help, and a decent level of Shadow Resist helps nullify his Mark ability. If you have a low mana pool, don't hesitate to run like hell!

Azgalor (aka - @$$es-galor) - The doomguard OT should keep their PvP token on in case of emergencies, because you will be on constant lock down due to Cripple, War Stomp, and the Silence. A LOT. Warlocks must be ready to soul-stone any healers afflicted by the Doom spell so they can get back up & aid the MT. Be wary of where you run when Rain of Fire affects you - it can kill Thrall or the MT very easily over a span of a few minutes, forcing people to start trash clearing all over again. Azgalor trash makes Holyssa eat babies.

Archimonde (assuming we get this far) - Speak to Tyrande, and test your Tears by dragging them to a free hotbar icon, and clicking them in the air/on the ground (not sure if using them from your bags is still bugged, but this method is more efficient). There is a nearby cliff people can use to leap off of which is just above 65 yards in height, and is great for practice. Slow Fall/Levitate works also, but is not recommended because of the Silence effect one of Archie's Soul Charges can apply.

Don't stand still and finish a cast if you see Doomfires come at you - run away, and don't run through the boss if it happens to chase melee. Sometimes a Doomfire can be seen via a (very) subtle candle-like flicker, then it erupts into a winding snake of flames that can chase you for a good 20 seconds or more. Pally Bubble/Cloak of Shadows/Ice Block are the only spells that can remove it, but should be used conservatively. As repetitive as it may sound: you're better off alive than dead!

This movie is the best Archi one I've seen, and offers two very nice perspectives: one from melee (it's a rogue), and a very clever usage of Birds Eye View: the camera man dies in mid-air (no, they do NOT wipe), yet he continues to film the fight...an almost perfect display of Doomfire and Fear mechanics! I recommend you watch this regardless of role or class.

http://www.bosskillers.com/cgi-bin/bbguild...;sid=hpIIo6QZOx

Trash Tips:

- Don't break CC, much like in SSC/TK. Necromancers are one of few mobs that fall under this rule, but they can cause problems for aggro-heavy ranged classes while buried among all that AoE.

- Provide the AoE tank a few seconds (usually 6 or so) to establish aggro and hold the mobs in place. Hunters can also kite larger mobs and give the tank's HP a bit more breathing room, allowing another OT to join the fun.

- Fear = bad. It attracts more NPCs, but the AoE people will hate you, and many NPCs are mandatory for survival during Azgalor's waves. Again, it primarily applies to Necromancers & some demon mobs.

- The 6th Wave of Azgalor trash is caster-crazy and can easily murder your tanks. Banish a Felhound from Wave 5 by the front where the mobs enter the camp. Any NPCs alive (including Thrall if you're lucky) will attack the banished mob until Wave 6's trash is in position, suddenly rushing in and war-stomping them into la-la land.

I can bring either Anamarie or Nathaniel, depending on needs.

Nathaniel

Grunt

Clan Skullcrusher

Although I'd love to bring my mage to this run, I don't think he's geared up enough yet. I should probably stick with the warlock, Nugie.

That is, if there's room to play.

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere, but what time is this run gonna start?

and here's to hoping you don't read this *after* start time. If you don't see me on, get a hold of any of the gents, half of them can contact me in meatspace

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere, but what time is this run gonna start?

and here's to hoping you don't read this *after* start time. If you don't see me on, get a hold of any of the gents, half of them can contact me in meatspace

First pull is @ 7:30 server time. invites go out @ 7:00

Holy, Jiris doesn't have a PvP trinket and will never have a PvP trinket. So given that information, should I not attend tonight?

Quickly do the thrallmar daily to capture the towers, there very rarely is PvP involved for that and you get a free 5 min trinket. otherwise you are playing russian roulette for the first boss.

Quickly do the thrallmar daily to capture the towers, there very rarely is PvP involved for that and you get a free 5 min trinket. otherwise you are playing russian roulette for the first boss.

This isn't really true. The icebolt CAN be healed through, but it's not easy and requires that healers stay on their toes. Either way, it's not a *huge* deal whether or not you have the trinket, but if you do have one, bring it (preferably the 2min Medallion rather than the 5min Insignia since he can and will icebolt the same target more than once at times). People will likely die on Rage anyway simply due to not moving out of death and decay fast enough, so an icebolt death or two isn't a gigantic deal. My take: don't worry about it, Xiris.

One thing that I've never tested or even checked on is whether or not grounding totem works on icebolt or not...

Edited by Waldonnis

My addendum (didn't read Holy's post before)...

Rage Winterchill - All players need their PvP trinket for this. No excuses. The 5 minute trinket is nice, but the 2 minute one will help in case you become Rage's best buddy and wind up being the victim of multiple freezes/lockdown during Death & Decay. It's also a very generous 8000 Honor, and earns an Achievement.

Mages can blink out of icebolt as well, so there's no need to have a trinket as a mage as long as you keep blink off cooldown so it's ready if the time comes.

Anetheron - Shadow Resist prayer should be up at all times, and make sure you run like hell to the Infernal offtank, who is typically by Jaina for the sake of getting her DPS into the groove. Otherwise, NPC damage will outlast the OT, and it could cause a potential wipe if they get to close to Anetheron.

Ranged needs to swap to the infernals ASAP. If target switching is fast enough, they'll drop like the rocks that they are, but you cannot let them build up. Also, Waldy's rule of Aneth: if you have a skull over your head, you should probably be doing something different. In this case, run like hell towards the infernal tank IMMEDIATELY. That doesn't mean "oh let me finish this cast/swing/special", that means NOW. The raid should also spread out reasonably around Aneth's tanking spot to avoid the entire raid getting hit by swarms at once. This fight is infinitely easier with shadow resist gear, but since it's doubtful that many will have it, do what you can to aid your healers and bandage/potion/healthstone often.

Kaz'rogal - Any paladin should keep Judgement of Wisdom up constantly to help mana conservation. Bringing at least 3-4 mana pots if you're new to the fight is a huge help, and a decent level of Shadow Resist helps nullify his Mark ability. If you have a low mana pool, don't hesitate to run like hell!

...and when you're running don't go hug another raid member. Get away from everyone if your mana is running dry. Some classes are extremely prone to mana drains like Kaz'rogal's, so always keep an eyeball on your mana. Warlocks are probably the lowest maintenance on this fight, due to lifetap, but don't overburden your healers by tapping frivilously.

Azgalor (aka - @$es-galor) - The doomguard OT should keep their PvP token on in case of emergencies, because you will be on constant lock down due to Cripple, War Stomp, and the Silence. A LOT. Warlocks must be ready to soul-stone any healers afflicted by the Doom spell so they can get back up & aid the MT. Be wary of where you run when Rain of Fire affects you - it can kill Thrall or the MT very easily over a span of a few minutes, forcing people to start trash clearing all over again. Azgalor trash makes Holyssa eat babies.

Ranged dps should be at ABSOLUTE MAX RANGE and all totems should be dropped outside of the radius of his rain of fire (he can and will rain on totems). Best way to make sure you're in a good spot is to start farther away from him and move in until you can cast rather than starting too close and backing up. The rain hurts like hell and trust me, your raid mates will be very grumpy if you get them rained on (as will the healers). This is also another fight where, if you get a skull over your head, run immediately to the doomguard tank. Loose doomguards can and will wipe the raid due to frequent stuns and just ugly damage output from them on clothies/healers. Warlocks should position themselves between Azgalore and the doomguard tank so that they have the best shot at soulstoning healers (rather than chasing after them).

Archimonde (assuming we get this far) - Speak to Tyrande, and test your Tears by dragging them to a free hotbar icon, and clicking them in the air/on the ground (not sure if using them from your bags is still bugged, but this method is more efficient). There is a nearby cliff people can use to leap off of which is just above 65 yards in height, and is great for practice. Slow Fall/Levitate works also, but is not recommended because of the Silence effect one of Archie's Soul Charges can apply.

I have a macro specifically for explaining Archimonde. In a nutshell:

1. Avoid doomfire by running in a STRAIGHT LINE AWAY FROM ARCHIMONDE. Don't run in a circle, don't try to side-step it...just turn around and run away until you KNOW it's not following you any longer.
  2. Stay 20yds away from fire at all times. Getting feared into the fire is bad. Standing next to fire makes that likely, therefore, don't stand near fire.
  3. Move as a group. I cannot stress this enough. You need to be in range of your decursers at all times (grip WILL kill you otherwise) and also near any tremor totems that are dropped for fears. Don't be Joe Freelance...consider your group as your own personal WoW gang and always roll with your homies.
  4. For the love of Thrall, use the Tear BEFORE hitting the ground. Cratering is funny to watch, but incredibly detrimental to beating Archimonde. Don't wait until the last second either...better earlier than later. After some personal testing, it takes between 0.4 and 0.7secs for the tear buff to actually apply, so don't think you can just hit it and instantly float. Also, trees can and will disrupt the Tear buff, as will soul charges or grip ticks, so be very observant of your surroundings/debuffs.
  5. The biggest thing to remember: this isn't a dps nuke-a-thon. Archimonde will die with the dps output of a new Kara raid. The reason it requires more people is because not everyone can be actually damaging the boss at the same time. Play it safe and you will win.

Trash Tips:

- Don't break CC, much like in SSC/TK. Necromancers are one of few mobs that fall under this rule, but they can cause problems for aggro-heavy ranged classes while buried among all that AoE.

- Provide the AoE tank a few seconds (usually 6 or so) to establish aggro and hold the mobs in place. Hunters can also kite larger mobs and give the tank's HP a bit more breathing room, allowing another OT to join the fun.

- Fear = bad. It attracts more NPCs, but the AoE people will hate you, and many NPCs are mandatory for survival during Azgalor's waves. Again, it primarily applies to Necromancers & some demon mobs.

- The 6th Wave of Azgalor trash is caster-crazy and can easily murder your tanks. Banish a Felhound from Wave 5 by the front where the mobs enter the camp. Any NPCs alive (including Thrall if you're lucky) will attack the banished mob until Wave 6's trash is in position, suddenly rushing in and war-stomping them into la-la land.

Agreed on all points, although cc-breaking is less important at this stage...considering I'd be the only mage if I can make it :laugh: Fear is bad, though...don't even think about using it unless it's an infernal (a trash infernal...not the boss-related infernals).

Holyssa is correct about that 6th wave of Azgalor trash as well...banishing does work well, but positioning the banished felpup is key. Best strategy is to mark your banish target with a symbol as the pack is running towards the group (keeps tanks from taunting or dps from jumping all over it), but stay behind the tank. As the packs runs up to engage, cast searing pain a few times on the felpup to get its attention (it will likely resist at least one of these anyway). What you want is for it to chew on you rather than running to the tank while it's not banished (makes it easy to reposition him if needed). Once he's close, banish him and KEEP HIM BANISHED. Once NPCs start beating on him, he'll die fast, so you need to be making sure he's not free from banish for more than about a second. Ideally, you want him to die in the entrance gap, but anywhere close to it should be fine. Don't even bother dps'ing if you're banishing, since your attention needs to be on that hound (he will break banish early at times and resist banish as well). Once that next wave comes in and the NPCs engage, you're free to let the banish go, although I preferred to wait until about 30% of the next pack's health was already knocked off before doing so.

ONE BIG NOTE:

I'll reiterate something here as well that not many probably know. The bosses in Hyjal were NOT affected by the health nerf in 3.0.x. Yes, class' damage/healing is up, so that helps, but don't expect to see bosses that just drop when you sneeze on them due to lowered health.