warning

Scryll

If you do cross-faction transfers using the Goblin AHs, watch out for the guy Espon mentioned here. He may or may not be using an illegal script to jack the items, but he's certainly dedicated himself to spending his game time ripping off anyone he can.

Quoted from the L1 Bloodhoof alt on Pg.6 of the thread:

I'm not from your server, so I have no way of verifying this for myself, however.. There have been numerous posts about this on General Discussion and various realm forums.

They are using btmscanner with appropriately set filterings, and using a script to auto-buy things out. As it is right now, btmscanner will pop a window up, asking if you'd like to purchase it, the user usually has to click yes/no. This script eliminates that need, becoming fully automated.

If this person has been buying things out with VERY quick response timing (as in, you post it and it's instantly bought), he is using this. Even your biggest basement virgin who can be online 24/7 is unable to respond that fast.

Yes, Blizzard knows about it. On an earlier post from the General Discussion boards, someone posted a link to a well known pseudo-omg-ikanhaxagaemlol! website, which was forwarded to Blizzard, detailing exactly how it was done, including screenshots of how much money they've made from it.

Your best bet is if the buyout is instant (and i do mean INSTANT) to report him.

In a nutshell: watch your auctions, and if needed: coordinate with the trader via Vent/TS (gg factional language barrier) as to the best time to do this. I'm not one to trade stuff to/from the other side of the fence, but a little communication goes a long way, even if it's between old foes :yahoo:

I have to agree with what a few are saying: you list something for 1 copper you risk losing it, and really there is nothing you can do about it, it doesn't even take a mod to do it, all it takes is coincidence. As what many are saying list it at value or slightly above so you are atleast guaranteed its value if someone else does purchase it. I don't really feel all that sorry for people who have lost items in this method, and although Epson was being a jerk about it, I don't see anything wrong with it. I know when I'm in booty bay(which I'm not at much)/tanaris I'll take a quick look to see if there is anything interesting, and if there is for a reasonable price I will buy it, with out thought to why it was there.

Edited by Kailand

I suppose it's a respect thing. Everyone knows why there would be an item listed for 1 copper that would normally be listed for mucho goldo. You're not getting a deal, you're ripping someone off. It's easy to justify that as 'being legal' under the TOS, but I'd like to think we take a higher road than that. Plus, as an officer, I certainly don't want to deal with this issue if someone whispers me complaining that someone in my guild ripped him/her off.

-Mu

• 2 weeks later...

If they are using a script and...

If they are buying for resale, then start listing grays or trash white items above vendor cost and below market value. You can seed the Goblin AH with trash grays, white & green items at a very high price for a few days to drive up the average buy-out or perhaps you can find items players are using trash for gold transfers. You'll make coin off of them because the script probably just looks for profit margin and you just messed that margin up.

If they are buying just to dump the item on a vendor for a profit, Then always list your item a few copper over the price a vendor will give for it.